• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The American Gospel verses the Jesus Gospel!

Walkntune

The American Gospel offends those who were delighted with Jesus and delights those who were offended by Jesus.

The American Gospel offends because of who it excludes, while the "Jesus Gospel" offends because of who it includes. The American Gospel offends because of it's harsh stance against immorality and sin, but the "Jesus Gospel" offends in it's welcoming of the immoral and the sinner. The American Gospel is uppity, super spiritual, and pretentious, but the "Jesus Gospel" is lowly, human, and real. The American Gospel berates the weak, but the "Jesus Gospel" exalts the weak.

The American Gospel is right winged, clean cut, and careful about the company it keeps, but the "Jesus Gospel" is unbiased, sometimes messy, and says "all are welcomed, and all are included".

The American Gospel micromanages your time, morality, and demands uniformity, while the "Jesus Gospel"...well, it sets you free.

Choose carefully
Jeff Turner

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The American Gospel??? There isn't any American Gospel. I met very few Christians like the ones described by Jeff Turner, unfortunately, those few are very loud.

Walkntune

The American Gospel??? There isn't any American Gospel. I met very few Christians like the ones described by Jeff Turner, unfortunately, those few are very loud.
I guess maybe thats what Jesus meant when said the gateway is narrow and only a few will find it.

Last edited:

Walkntune

It's a lovely myth.

Who is Jeff Turner?
The truth of the gospel does almost seem to good to be true but such is love when someone finds it.
Jeff Turner is a friend of mine on face book who is a grace revolutionary trying to turn around the self righteousness of western Christianity.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus' religion was Judaism. The majority of His teachings came from The Law.

What is described is right conservatism. Those people may also follow Christianity, but the way they act can't be considered any "gospel".

Awoon

Alan Watts died in 1973 but his lectures are open for anyone to listen . American Gospel teachers should just listen.

Walkntune

Jesus' religion was Judaism. The majority of His teachings came from The Law.

What is described is right conservatism. Those people may also follow Christianity, but the way they act can't be considered any "gospel".
Jesus had no religion. He only did and said what the father told him at least according to scriptures.Jews did not recognise his teachings and they rejected them.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus had no religion. He only did and said what the father told him at least according to scriptures.

Jesus was a Jew, so He had a religion. Virtually everything He taught was taught in Judaism except for a few things, such as divorce.

Walkntune

Jesus was a Jew, so He had a religion. Virtually everything He taught was taught in Judaism except for a few things, such as divorce.
John
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

It seems your missing the whole point of why they put him on the cross.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
John
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

It seems your missing the whole point of why they put him on the cross.

No, I'm not. I am now trying to understand why you think that knowing that Jesus was a Jew has to do with understanding why He was put on the cross.

The people that Jesus criticized were following the Law but they were forgetting about worshiping God. In other words, they were putting the teachings ahead of God. Since they were leaders of their faith and upright in their community, they felt beyond any reproach and were upset that Jesus criticized them at all.
Please never tell me again I don't understand my own faith just because I disagree with you on something. :no:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I just realized that there a great big similarity between the leaders of the faith back then and the leaders of the faith now. The Church leaders of today are doing the same exact thing as the religious leaders of Jesus' time were doing.

I guess I already knew that. It's really very eerie.

Awoon

I just realized that there a great big similarity between the leaders of the faith back then and the leaders of the faith now. The Church leaders of today are doing the same exact thing as the religious leaders of Jesus' time were doing.

The church leaders have their congregations authority to do what they please.

ImprobableBeing

Unfortunately it is so.

Greed be praised! The poor deserve whatever they get.

Walkntune

No, I'm not. I am now trying to understand why you think that knowing that Jesus was a Jew has to do with understanding why He was put on the cross.

The people that Jesus criticized were following the Law but they were forgetting about worshiping God. In other words, they were putting the teachings ahead of God. Since they were leaders of their faith and upright in their community, they felt beyond any reproach and were upset that Jesus criticized them at all.
Please never tell me again I don't understand my own faith just because I disagree with you on something. :no:
Jesus broke the laws of the sabbath with acts of love representing the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath. He was showing the way of love is greater than the law. Where the law says not to murder, love says to feed the poor, where the law says not to commit adultery, love says to treat your wife as Jesus did the church and be willing to lay down your life for her. Where the law says not to steal, love says to prefer your brethern before your self.Jesus did not spend his life obeying the law and jewish customs but he spent his life walking out only that which the father told him who is love. God is love, not some bearded man in the sky with a rule book.He walked out a ministry of healing the sick, feeding the poor, giving provisions. He did not follow the laws and the jewish customs but did that which the laws were made to point man to in the first place which is walk in love.He made himself equal with God by walking in God(love) instead of the laws and thus love is the fulfillment of the law.He said to Love God with all of your heart ,mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all of the law. For this they hung Jesus. Love is greater than the law and Jesus made himself equal with love. God is love.
Romans 13
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Last edited: