• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amber Alert . . . is yellow!

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
This is the first time I've seen the Amber Alert working, it made my heart stop, and my mommy senses kicked in with extra boost of adrenaline. All you Californians, heads up . . .

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Buttercup said:
It did? I didn't see it ......looks normal now!:confused:
From my pc using IE, I can't see it, but from firefox it works well... and from my phone too. Click on the site and you can download a free desk top version.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Yes....It started flashing within a minute of me posting. Urg! I didn't expect it to be put to use so quickly! And I understand about the mommy sensors going off....same here! We can't do much but send up a prayer. :(

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Buttercup said:
Yes....It started flashing within a minute of me posting. Urg! I didn't expect it to be put to use so quickly! And I understand about the mommy sensors going off....same here! We can't do much but send up a prayer. :(

That reminds some of us who aren't nearby that we we are able to help. (For those that believe in prayer.)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I'm going to send all the angels I can spare . . . . and the RF heroes . . .

:ww: :super: :wolverine: :ninja:

But seriously, I think if we all put our prayers into this, it will make a difference. And, if any of us are in the area, keep an eye out.

All you WICCA AND/OR PAGANS, get your books of shadows out, and write out a spell.

All you God fearin' folks, send up your prayers.

Our Father, please watch over this child and his mother, keep them safe as they face this most terrible ordeal, and deliver them from their tormentor. Give them a safe place, give them a strangers hand to reach out and help them. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I click in the "click here for info" all I get is info about the system, nothing about the current alert. What's up with that?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Seyorni said:
When I click in the "click here for info" all I get is info about the system, nothing about the current alert. What's up with that?

I don't know, but after getting to the system info, look in the upper right hand corner of the screen to find the current alert. I think if you click on that you might get something, Sey.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Seyorni said:

You have to click on Nathaniel Thomas (the kid that was kidnapped). If you click on anything other than this, it will bring you to there main page.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The system is not intuitive. It is not user-friendly. This strikes me as a design flaw.
Surely I'm not the only bumbling idiot with no computer skills out there. There are probably lots of us.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sure was a great idea Jeff and I am amazed it was used so fast.....if I hadn't already fruballed you twice today I would do it again for this stellar idea! :)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
amber alert canceled

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's office and the California Highway patrol canceled the Amber Alert on Friday night after the boy was recovered safe. The second victim, his aunt, was shot and killed. The suspect remains at large at this time.

Nathaniel Thomas, a black male, 18 months old with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing shorts and an orange and blue shirt with Winnie the Pooh on it.

Also abducted was the boy's mother Natasha Howard, a black female, 25 years with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants.

The suspect is Travon Howard, a black male, 32 years, 5'9", 170 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes. The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.

The suspect vehicle is a silver 2006 Nissan Sentra 4 door with temporary "Nissan Fontana" paper tags.

Anyone with information should contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff Dept at 909-387-8313 or dial 911.