• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The allure of Trump

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
They were not cheering in the streets of New Jersey in a video, that is the point.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Donald Trump is correct when he said he saw people, Arabic looking (yes I profile), Muslim woman with head scarfs, cheering when the two towers came down. That was in 2001. back then I know I didn't have a phone that could take video or photos. I remember though, and will never forget.
Could you post that because sources on two different national channels haven't found a single tape or recording of any type to support that, and the Jersey City chief of police says he knows of no such demonstration. And remember that Trump said the numbers were in the "hundreds of thousands". At least Carson admitted his "mistake" on this.

Here in the Detroit area, we have the largest Muslim population in the States, and no such thing happened here.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Could you post that because sources on two different national channels haven't found a single tape or recording of any type to support that, and the Jersey City chief of police says he knows of no such demonstration. And remember that Trump said the numbers were in the "hundreds of thousands". At least Carson admitted his "mistake" on this.

Here in the Detroit area, we have the largest Muslim population in the States, and no such thing happened here.

If I recall, the only reported place where Muslims were cheering the news of 9/11 was Palestine. That is, I recall having read a news report to that effect shortly after 9/11. No where else was that the case, according to the report.

metis

If I recall, the only reported place where Muslims were cheering the news of 9/11 was Palestine. That is, I recall having read a news report to that effect shortly after 9/11. No where else was that the case, according to the report.
You may be right. The pictures I saw posted of them cheering was indeed from the WB.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Oh, hell, folks you know as well as I, without video tape proof that some of these Muslims did celebrate here in the US when the two towers fell. I remember seeing them, and I shall remember and I will never forget!

metis

Oh, hell, folks you know as well as I, without video tape proof that some of these Muslims did celebrate here in the US when the two towers fell. I remember seeing them, and I shall remember and I will never forget!
Even if some did, and I'm sure that some did at least behind closed doors, so what? The fact still remains that those in Jersey City, including the chief of police and mayor, know of no "hundreds or thousands" as Trump claimed. This isn't the first time Trump has trumped up fabrications.

averageJOE

zombie
He says he was was able to see people jump out of the towers from his penthouse, and at the same time saw "thousands" of people in New Jersey cheer as the towers fall. So, he must have seen these "thousands" of people cheering on TV somewhere. Why is there no video evidence of this? (Also, he didn't have a clear view of the twin towers from his home. So that is another lie in of itself.)

Lyndon

Premium Member
If you believe everything Trump says, I would say you are pretty gullible!!

esmith

Veteran Member
And an oligarch.
What do you ascribe the word "oligarch" to? I assume that you know that it is a Russian word which is a near-synonym of the term "business oligarch" or "business magnate? Or is it you think that all successful business persons are whatever you use the word oligarch to portray?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What do you ascribe the word "oligarch" to? I assume that you know that it is a Russian word which is a near-synonym of the term "business oligarch" or "business magnate? Or is it you think that all successful business persons are whatever you use the word oligarch to portray?
It's interesting that dang near every criticism of Trump is applicable to the leading Dem front runner.
But this keen lens is seldom applied to one's favorite.
One big difference is that Trump wouldn't have to cadge for money.

Lyndon

Premium Member

That would make him an oligarch, wouldn't it??

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
More interestingly.....how many candidates are not oligarchs?
The definition of an oligarchy is a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.

Given the control that the small group of the very wealthy have over the writing of laws including giving their bought-and-paid-for legislatures actual copies of those laws to pass, we're living in an oligarchy. The only question is which group of oligarchs control which party.

Right- and left-wing populists are united in wanting to return control of the country to the people although the disagreements are almost total about how to do that.