• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The allure of Trump

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Ah, Bernie is a rational person, Trump is irrational, that's a pretty big difference.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah, Bernie is a rational person, Trump is irrational, that's a pretty big difference.
I don't see that difference.
Each is loopy & rational in his own way.
But they're similar in being outsiders who've found a rare opportunity to receive mainstream attention.

Btw, I don't want either as prez.....but there are many whom I want less.

Scott C.

Just one guy
So he can insult global leaders and call them a moron if they're a man and ugly slob if they're a woman? So the whole world knows that America put a bigot in office? It can be a good trait for a leader, but clearly in Trump's case him speaking his mind reveals how unfit he is for such a position.

I'm not suggesting that he's fit for office. Saying what you think is a good trait. That way people know what you think. Then you can make an informed decision.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Speaking your mind is a terrible leadership trait in politics. Politics is all about negotiating compromises which is hard to do if you insult everyone you disagree with. And think in terms of foreign policy and negotiating with foreign countries. Speaking your mind could be a disaster.

If Trump believes that there are too many dangerous criminals among the illegal immigrants in this country and if that this is reason to close the borders, he should say it. If decent and law abiding illegal immigrants take offense, then so be it. If Trump believes it then I want to hear him say it. That's better than tap dancing around your point of view for fear of the media.
I ditto Scott's and SW's disagreement. There's this work called "tact", which can be defined this way: "The ability to tell a person to go to hell so well that they actually look forward to the trip".

One cannot throw out insults like they were candy and then expect those whom we have insulted to go along with them. Even here at RF, if someone really insults you, do you take the position that you now want to go along with what they've said? Do you admire their willingness to "speak their mind" when you're the one that's being attacked?

I think I'll stop making the point that candor and speaking your mind is a good trait. Let me say that as a Republican and mostly conservative person, I'm worried about the Republican front runners. I don't like Trump or Carson (although Carson is preferred). I so badly do not want Hillary or Bernie that I will vote Republican regardless of which of the current candidates gets the nomination.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If Trump believes that there are too many dangerous criminals among the illegal immigrants in this country and if that this is reason to close the borders, he should say it. If decent and law abiding illegal immigrants take offense, then so be it. If Trump believes it then I want to hear him say it. That's better than tap dancing around your point of view for fear of the media.

I think I'll stop making the point that candor and speaking your mind is a good trait. Let me say that as a Republican and mostly conservative person, I'm worried about the Republican front runners. I don't like Trump or Carson (although Carson is preferred). I so badly do not want Hillary or Bernie that I will vote Republican regardless of which of the current candidates gets the nomination.
I lean the other way politically, but that's OK.

TPaine

I believe in one God, and the equality of man.
I don't see that difference.
Each is loopy & rational in his own way.
But they're similar in being outsiders who've found a rare opportunity to receive mainstream attention.

Btw, I don't want either a
So he can insult global leaders and call them a moron if they're a man and ugly slob if they're a woman? So the whole world knows that America put a bigot in office? It can be a good trait for a leader, but clearly in Trump's case him speaking his mind reveals how unfit he is for such a position.
I wonder what would happen if Trump called Vladimir Putin a moron in a face to face meeting. My guess is that The Donald would need emergency dental work at a minimum since Putin is a martial arts master and he emphasizes his macho image.
The Russian president received an 8th dan black belt in in the kyokushin-kan form of karate from the Kyokushin-kan International Honbu, the Russian federation of the sport announced Friday.

The athletic 62-year-old leader already is a grandmaster in taekwondo, earning his ninth dan in that martial art in 2013. He’s also a judo enthusiast, picking up the practice at age 11, according to his official biography on the Kremlin website.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...lt-8th-dan-kyokushin-karate-article-1.2019056

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wonder what would happen if Trump called Vladimir Putin a moron in a face to face meeting. My guess is that The Donald would need emergency dental work at a minimum since Putin is a martial arts master and he emphasizes his macho image.
It might make for an interesting match of Celebrity Deathmatch if the show were still around. In real life, it just might the clash of the two supreme "no ****s or ****s given mega-ego high-Mach Princes."

esmith

Veteran Member
It might make for an interesting match of Celebrity Deathmatch if the show were still around. In real life, it just might the clash of the two supreme "no ****s or ****s given mega-ego high-Mach
Princes."

He probably wouldn't get his *** handed to him (figuratively speaking)like Obama has:D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He probably wouldn't get his *** handed to him (figuratively speaking)like Obama has:D
It would be far worse. A billionaire who doesn't know hard work (farming, construction, factory hard work) getting into a fight against a highly trained martial artist: I'd watch it on Youtube at least a few times.:D
Except I don't think Putin would swing on him, but he'd find someway to make his life hell.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It might make for an interesting match of Celebrity Deathmatch if the show were still around. In real life, it just might the clash of the two supreme "no ****s or ****s given mega-ego high-Mach Princes."
A match like that would have me rooting for Trump.
Putin might have his macho image, but I bet Trump's sneakiness would prevail.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A match like that would have me rooting for Trump.
Putin might have his macho image, but I bet Trump's sneakiness would prevail.
I'd want to see Putin stomp Trump, and then see Putin steal Trump's already stolen catch phrase of "you're fired." And then hear somebody laugh about it next time Trump has Wrestlemania at one of his hotels.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd want to see Putin stomp Trump, and then see Putin steal Trump's already stolen catch phrase of "you're fired." And then hear somebody laugh about it next time Trump has Wrestlemania at one of his hotels.
So you're root'n for the homophobic hawk, eh?
He's even worse than Hillary!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you're root'n for the homophobic hawk, eh?
Yeah. If Trump beat up Putin, it would be embarrassing, and an indication his martial arts background is fabricated, which while funny on it's own and good for some really good jokes, wouldn't be nearly as hilarious as Putin stomping Trump. If Putin dropped Trump with one punch, that would be comedy gold.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This guy would stomp Trump?
anigif_enhanced-22839-1393861538-8.gif

TPaine

I believe in one God, and the equality of man.
Since Trump and Putin are both narcissists a face to face meeting could become explosive when the inevitable insults begin. I'd consider paying to watch it on PPV.

Here's a you tube video titled, Two SHRINKS on TRUMP’s Extreme NARCISSISM – Lawrence O’Donnell

Last edited:

LittlePinky82

Since Trump and Putin are both narcissists a face to face meeting could become explosive when the inevitable insults begin. I'd consider paying to watch it on PPV.

Here's a you tube video titled, Two SHRINKS on TRUMP’s Extreme NARCISSISM – Lawrence O’Donnell

If it was those two I'd be building my bomb bunker for sure.