• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The allure of Trump

Draka

Wonder Woman
Can anyone explain it? I, as well as many others I know, truly can't fathom how the man has the numbers he does. He panders to bigots, he argues like a fourth grader calling names on the schoolyard, he's crude to women, his ego is out of control. Just why do people think he is actually fit to run this country?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Can anyone explain it? I, as well as many others I know, truly can't fathom how the man has the numbers he does. He panders to bigots, he argues like a fourth grader calling names on the schoolyard, he's crude to women, his ego is out of control. Just why do people think he is actually fit to run this country?

He appeals to those who's entire beliefs and ideology can be summed up with a few bumper stickers.

Deidre

Sadly, he represents a lot of America...obnoxious, bigoted, self absorbed, and loud (and greedy). Hilary Clinton isn't a good candidate either.

Time to move out of the country! ^_^

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

He's got the best credibility, credentials, track record re. the #1 issue for voters- the economy.

But I still think he'll lose the GOP, a little too left leaning on many issues- we'll see!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I know many see my vote as either not counting or (absurdly) a vote against the Dems and the reason they will fail if they do, but I intend to vote the same way I did last election. For Jill Stein. I am Green Party and proud of it and I couldn't give a **** about how others feel about it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
He's got the best credibility, credentials, track record re. the #1 issue for voters- the economy.

But I still think he'll lose the GOP, a little too left leaning on many issues- we'll see!
What? What? He bankrupts his own businesses, honestly compares his private school education to military service, and is most well known for his reality tv show. He speaks bigotry, misogyny, and racism nearly every time he opens his mouth. What credentials and credibility?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No he doesn't. His own wealth was started by his grandfather and father, and he himself condemns foreign workers even though he has hired them. He has filed for bankruptcy four times in 18 years, he says that is something everyone in his position does, a statement that is false. No doubt he has the economy in mind, but he has the track record of showing he wants those like him to rake in profits while everybody else looses out because those like him shipped jobs to China.
He'll loose the GOP for a few reasons. One is being he can't appeal to women or Hispanics, and Hispanics are a group the GOP has realized they need to win to get back into the White House. Trump also shot himself in the foot by comparing his private education to actual military experience, something that is likely to offend people on both sides, especially the religious right who tend to be very pro-troop. And his arrogance is likely to turn many voters away from him.

Draka

Wonder Woman
@Shadow Wolf has made an excellent point. When it comes to his financial experience the only thing he has proven is that he can take a lot of money given to him, make bad investments and business choices, declare bankruptcy over and over, and brag about how much he has. Anyone really think he wouldn't do the same to our economy? Hand that man responsibility for a load of money and watch him bankrupt our country again and again. It's what he does.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Don't have to invent much when it comes to Trump. He makes it almost too easy as his crap comes served on a silver platter with TRUMP emblazoned across it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I like how Trump makes the left fulminate.
They really work at inventing things to hate.
That's worth something.
There is no need to invent things. He is a raging misogynist, very xenophobic, extremely arrogant, and him just being him, be it his hair or opening his mouth, is a high-octane comedy fuel.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't have to invent much when it comes to Trump. He makes it almost too easy as his crap comes served on a silver platter with TRUMP emblazoned across it.
Invention isn't needed.
It's just done anyway.
And much of the fun is watching the double standards bloom.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no need to invent things. He is a raging misogynist, very xenophobic, extremely arrogant, and him just being him, be it his hair or opening his mouth, is a high-octane comedy fuel.
As a fellow "misogynist", I don't see that as real criticism.
(It just means feminists don't like our politics & opinions.)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A lot of people are like him, minus the money.

Hence, he is popular.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a fellow "misogynist", I don't see that as real criticism.
(It just means feminists don't like our politics & opinions.)
You don't go on about how women are sex objects, how they need to rely on their sex appeal, calling women disgusting for pumping breast milk, or any of the following:
“I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”
"You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ***."
"I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn't matter, but the look obviously matters," Trump said to a female reporter in a clip featured on "Last Week Tonight." "Like you wouldn't have your job if you weren't beautiful."
“The most difficult aspect of the prenuptial agreement is informing your future wife (or husband): I love you very much, but just in case things don’t work out, this is what you will get in the divorce. There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.”
“Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.”
"All of the women on 'The Apprentice' flirted with me -- consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."
None of that is made up, but rather they are all direct quotes.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What really gets me is how many people who call themselves "evangelicals" are attracted to him. I don't know which "bible" they're reading but it must read very different that the Bible that I would assume most Christians use.

Just for one of many examples that could be cited: Micah 6 [8]: "He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"