• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Adolescence of God's Children

sealchan

I'm going to put on my prophet hat and say that our age is the age of the adolescence of God's children. God's children are no longer interested in the fairy tales God has told them but want something more substantial. And that is good as children should not always remain children.

God's adolescents are now beginning to question their parent(s) and think more for themselves. Of course, they are getting into significant problems and messing around with nuclear fission and such, but so far they have just barely had the sense to not kill themselves. They still fight over toys (limited resources, money, ideas), but they have tried to unite together in mutual understanding and cooperation and act more like adults. It remains to be seen what the result will be.

God will need to be patient, but one day, with a lot of effort and a lot of suffering, God's children will be all grown up and be themselves the gods that God raised them up to be. But contrary to Revelations I don't think this will be a hand out that God provides but rather more an effort that His/Her/Its children make. Somewhere between the Tower of Babel and Revelations lies the truth of the future of God's children.

Otherwise, in what sense will God's children ever have grown up? Can you grow up on welfare?

WalterTrull

Godfella
I'm going to put on my prophet hat and say that our age is the age of the adolescence of God's children. God's children are no longer interested in the fairy tales God has told them but want something more substantial. And that is good as children should not always remain children.

God's adolescents are now beginning to question their parent(s) and think more for themselves. Of course, they are getting into significant problems and messing around with nuclear fission and such, but so far they have just barely had the sense to not kill themselves. They still fight over toys (limited resources, money, ideas), but they have tried to unite together in mutual understanding and cooperation and act more like adults. It remains to be seen what the result will be.

God will need to be patient, but one day, with a lot of effort and a lot of suffering, God's children will be all grown up and be themselves the gods that God raised them up to be. But contrary to Revelations I don't think this will be a hand out that God provides but rather more an effort that His/Her/Its children make. Somewhere between the Tower of Babel and Revelations lies the truth of the future of God's children.

Otherwise, in what sense will God's children ever have grown up? Can you grow up on welfare?

Maybe. My take is that the earth is for the children. Sort of like a play pen. I'm thinking adolescence is just over the ridge. Reaching puberty? Oh well. I don't think the "earth" progresses. We do. If we really wreck this pen, we'll get a new one, maybe with one of those shiny dingle dangles.

sealchan

Maybe. My take is that the earth is for the children. Sort of like a play pen. I'm thinking adolescence is just over the ridge. Reaching puberty? Oh well. I don't think the "earth" progresses. We do. If we really wreck this pen, we'll get a new one, maybe with one of those shiny dingle dangles.

The moon is our shiny dingle dangle don't you think?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I wonder if God had to go through the same growing experience, and if so, who is grandpa God.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
God's children are no longer interested in the fairy tales God has told them but want something more substantial. And that is good as children should not always remain children.

I would not state it that way, but I agree with the basic premise.

From an evolutionary perspective, mankind outgrew animal instincts and the primacy of sensation into the intellectual realm but based on the emotional underpinnings of reward and punishment.

God's children will be all grown up and be themselves the gods that God raised them up to be.

Since from my perspective, we are not separate from God, I would state it as people will experience their God-nature.

A singer/songwriter that I think has tapped into this change is Denean who writes often from the feminine perspective. Here's two song excerpts:

Walking in beauty, walking in balance
Feel her heart beating with each breath you take
Our mother, she is birthing a new world before us
Align with her light now and weave a new dream.

and

Awake from your slumber, butterflies of light.
Stretch your new wings now. It's time to take your flight.
Homo luminous, it's what you've now become.
Homo luminous, awake Divine Human.

Awake Divine Human.
Our new world now is born.

sealchan

I would not state it that way, but I agree with the basic premise.

From an evolutionary perspective, mankind outgrew animal instincts and the primacy of sensation into the intellectual realm but based on the emotional underpinnings of reward and punishment.

Since from my perspective, we are not separate from God, I would state it as people will experience their God-nature.

A singer/songwriter that I think has tapped into this change is Denean who writes often from the feminine perspective. Here's two song excerpts:

Walking in beauty, walking in balance
Feel her heart beating with each breath you take
Our mother, she is birthing a new world before us
Align with her light now and weave a new dream.

and

Awake from your slumber, butterflies of light.
Stretch your new wings now. It's time to take your flight.
Homo luminous, it's what you've now become.
Homo luminous, awake Divine Human.

Awake Divine Human.
Our new world now is born.

I was watching a Christian movie this weekend which did a fair job of making the Christian case seem modernly relevant except it fell flat when trying to cast God in the role of parent who can't judge His children (since when did God not cast judgment?!) and won't prevent the would-be child serial killer before he kills. To me this forces the necessity that God is less free to act than we have idealized and we are more compelled to fill in the gap. To me this is part of the growth of God's children into a role where God won't need to be present or to supply punishment for we will have learned ourselves "the hard way".

Whether one chooses to see that as a development of a modern, atheistic morality alongside of science or of the ultimate success of a God who has, more and more, left us to be self-responsible as any good parent would do, doesn't so much matter. Either story will work.

sealchan

That's why I prefer atheists who act honorably to hypocritical so-called believers who are dishonorable. To me, superficial belief is almost meaningless. Walking the talk is meaningful.

Its how we tell the difference between children and adults after all...

I believe God’s children grow up by the teachings of God, spiritually. And it is greater than material things.

...I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

John 6:63

sealchan

I believe God’s children grow up by the teachings of God, spiritually. And it is greater than material things.

...I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

John 6:63

How do they know when they have grown up sufficiently to be an "adult of God"?

WalterTrull

Godfella
How do they know when they have grown up sufficiently to be an "adult of God"?
There's a mark on the side of the podium at the gates. You gotta be taller than that line. I think everyone knows what happens if you are. Not tall enough, open to debate. That's the reason for RF

sealchan

Perhaps then, when they are not anymore led by fear and lust, but by reason, truth and love.

Then they would be like God, an adult?

My idea here is that we are not mere pets or playthings but someone that God considers as children who WILL grow up and be able to take on the role of parent themselves...that is, they too could be God. That is the fuller meaning of a parent child relationship so much as it is really like a real parent-child relationship.

Otherwise we are just always children. I don't believe that and I don't believe one can hold that metaphor as a literal truth in any case.