• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Action of Love or Spirit of God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
is a loving mind the spirit of god? = to be loving?

isn't love greater? allahu akbar?

doesn't love enrapture?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think, yes.

How can a person who loves find joy in a world where she knows other people need help but she can not help? GOD. She trusts that God will take care of anyone as she believes in God taking care of her too.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, the love and God are synonymous.

"...I am of the nature of consciousness.
I am made of consciousness and bliss.
I am nondual, pure in form, absolute knowledge, absolute love.
I am changeless, devoid of desire or anger, I am detached.
I am One Essence, unlimitedness, utter consciousness.
I am boundless Bliss, existence and transcendent Bliss.
I am the Atman, that revels in itself.
I am the Sacchidananda that is eternal, enlightened and pure.

~ Tejobindu Upanishad

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hush! You'll wake the fundamentalists from their sleep!

Seriously, people tend to fall into two groups on this issue. One group rejects the notion that deity is unconditional love, another group embraces it. I think in both instances, people come to their views mainly through what makes intuitive or emotional sense to them -- and that varies from person to person.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
For me, the love and God are synonymous.

"...I am of the nature of consciousness.
I am made of consciousness and bliss.
I am nondual, pure in form, absolute knowledge, absolute love.
I am changeless, devoid of desire or anger, I am detached.
I am One Essence, unlimitedness, utter consciousness.
I am boundless Bliss, existence and transcendent Bliss.
I am the Atman, that revels in itself.
I am the Sacchidananda that is eternal, enlightened and pure.

~ Tejobindu Upanishad

pure consciousness

I'll tell you what I know so well
Your love is standing tall and swell
Why come on out and hear him say
Gonna get you now
Gonna get to you
We're living by this inspiration - i don't know anybody else - black box

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously, people tend to fall into two groups on this issue. One group rejects the notion that deity is unconditional love, another group embraces it. I think in both instances, people come to their views mainly through what makes intuitive or emotional sense to them -- and that varies from person to person.

I can see this. But this presupposes that one defines God as a deity. You well know my aversion to using the word God for that very reason.

For me, God is the Absolute...Brahman, and the Absolute/Brahman is no deity.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I can see this. But this presupposes that one defines God as a deity. You well know my aversion to using the word God for that very reason.

For me, God is the Absolute...Brahman, and this is no deity.

Actually, I had forgotten your aversion to defining God as deity. Could you elaborate on that a bit, please?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think, yes.

How can a person who loves find joy in a world where she knows other people need help but she can not help? GOD. She trusts that God will take care of anyone as she believes in God taking care of her too.
helping one's self and one's family is the most immediate need. love doesn't discriminate against other as self or against self.

stay wilder than the wind, unconditional mind.

when i let go of what i am, i become what i'm meant to be - lao-tzu

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

For me, God is the Absolute...Brahman, and the Absolute/Brahman is no deity.

maybe one understands it as blissful, delightful, divine, wonderful?

he who fears is not made perfect in love because love is perfect

is a loving mind the spirit of god? = to be loving?

isn't love greater? allahu akbar?

doesn't love enrapture?
God is Love. Therefore, anyone who loves did so because of God. No one can love unless God is there.

Someone who doesn't know God exists and yet still can experience/show love, and if that is what they will do their whole life (follow love); then I think they have found God and will receive a favorable judgment.

Think of the good Samaritan in Luke 10. Here is a man who didn't understand God (according to the Jews) yet he was the one that showed genuine love to his neighbor. While the Jews (the one who supposedly had the correct knowledge of God) walked passed him and left him for dead. For all their talk about the love of God, their actions didn't live up to their lip service. Jesus justified the Good Samaritan not because he had the correct theology, rather His actions showed that he was following God

IF Christians would see this point, then there would be a lot less condemning of others, and a whole lot more loving going around.

In peace

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God is Love. Therefore, anyone who loves did so because of God. No one can love unless God is there.

Someone who doesn't know God exists and yet still can experience/show love, and if that is what they will do their whole life (follow love); then I think they have found God and will receive a favorable judgment.

Think of the good Samaritan in Luke 10. Here is a man who didn't understand God (according to the Jews) yet he was the one that showed genuine love to his neighbor. While the Jews (the one who supposedly had the correct knowledge of God) walked passed him and left him for dead. For all their talk about the love of God, their actions didn't live up to their lip service. Jesus justified the Good Samaritan not because he had the correct theology, rather His actions showed that he was following God

IF Christians would see this point, then there would be a lot less condemning of others, and a whole lot more loving going around.

In peace

love your enemies

if love is with us, who can be against love? against us?

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

love transcends all things but itself. nothing but the most high love.

i am the bright and morning star, venus, a satellite of love. drunk on love. i have trampled the grapes wrath in the winepress of Love.

entering the kingdom when making the enemy into a friend

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, I had forgotten your aversion to defining God as deity. Could you elaborate on that a bit, please?

Sure.

Many perceive God as an anthropomorphic creator being, a being that is sentient, a being with form and with qualities. My perception of God is formless and without these qualities - pure consciousness.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sure.

Many perceive God as an anthropomorphic creator being, a being that is sentient, a being with form and with qualities. My perception of God is formless and without these qualities - pure consciousness.

Now I remember! Thanks for the clarification.

love your enemies

if love is with us, who can be against love? against us?

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

love transcends all things but itself. nothing but the most high love.

i am the bright and morning star, venus, a satellite of love. drunk on love. i have trampled the grapes wrath in the winepress of Love.

entering the kingdom when making the enemy into a friend

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
Ah, I can see what type of spirit is being shown through this letter. "Header" way of speaking I like to call it. It creates enough confusion that causes someone to think about what is being shared and get some truth, while taking in many lies. It is interesting hearing someone speak like this again, it has been a while.

Now, my friend, love can be defined and showed in many different ways. Just like a picture can be interpreted in many different ways (depending on the perspective of an individual). Therefore, how can we determine what the picture actually means? Should we even care, or should we just run off believing what we THOUGHT it meant?

Answer is simple: Do we believe we can determine truth by ourselves?

Here's one for you to ponder (sorry, not from the gospel of Timothy, but of Matthew) "Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two master, for either He will Hate the One And Love the Other, Or He Will Stick To The One And Despise The Other; No man can Serve Both God and Mammon." Therefore, if anybody works/serves money, then they are hating/despising God. Can you see that the words mean what it means if taken literally? Rather than wanting to find a way to turn it into something that only makes sense in our own minds?

Let's continue...

How do I know this is the right interpretation and Jesus didn't mean it another way? Hmm...

Let's go to the author since He has the AUTHORity to explain for Himself.
VVerse 25 says," Therefore (a word indicating that what is about to be shared is a continuation from the previous verse) Take No thought about the marrow and say, "what am I to eat and what am I to drink." Pause. Isn't that the question that came to mind when I told you that if you want to follow God then you have to stop working for money? God is clever isn't He?

That is how we can be sure that the interpretation is the correct one, because Jesus goes on and answers all the concerns that this teachings brings up. Go on, you can read it for yourself.

In peace

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ah, I can see what type of spirit is being shown through this letter. "Header" way of speaking I like to call it. It creates enough confusion that causes someone to think about what is being shared and get some truth, while taking in many lies. It is interesting hearing someone speak like this again, it has been a while.

Now, my friend, love can be defined and showed in many different ways. Just like a picture can be interpreted in many different ways (depending on the perspective of an individual). Therefore, how can we determine what the picture actually means? Should we even care, or should we just run off believing what we THOUGHT it meant?

Answer is simple: Do we believe we can determine truth by ourselves?

Here's one for you to ponder (sorry, not from the gospel of Timothy, but of Matthew) "Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two master, for either He will Hate the One And Love the Other, Or He Will Stick To The One And Despise The Other; No man can Serve Both God and Mammon." Therefore, if anybody works/serves money, then they are hating/despising God. Can you see that the words mean what it means if taken literally? Rather than wanting to find a way to turn it into something that only makes sense in our own minds?

Let's continue...

How do I know this is the right interpretation and Jesus didn't mean it another way? Hmm...

Let's go to the author since He has the AUTHORity to explain for Himself.
VVerse 25 says," Therefore (a word indicating that what is about to be shared is a continuation from the previous verse) Take No thought about the marrow and say, "what am I to eat and what am I to drink." Pause. Isn't that the question that came to mind when I told you that if you want to follow God then you have to stop working for money? God is clever isn't He?

That is how we can be sure that the interpretation is the correct one, because Jesus goes on and answers all the concerns that this teachings brings up. Go on, you can read it for yourself.

In peace

I AM the Way the Truth and the Light. I AM the Way of Love. Idolatry to a created thing is forbidden

This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

I AM the Way the Truth and the Light. I AM the Way of Love. Idolatry to a created thing is forbidden

This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.
Idolatry is forbidden, which I agree. You are correct to say this, and to connect it with money.

Therefore, are you willing to throw away your idol and stop working for money? If so, continue reading the rest of that paragraph so you can know what to do next. If not, then... we can cross that bridge when we get there.

In peace

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Idolatry is forbidden, which I agree. You are correct to say this, and to connect it with money.

Therefore, are you willing to throw away your idol and stop working for money? If so, continue reading the rest of that paragraph so you can know what to do next. If not, then... we can cross that bridge when we get there.

In peace
anthropolatry is forbidden. you ready to release the abomination that causes desolation? daniel would not bow down to nebuchadnezzar, he would not have kowtowed to jesus either and neither jesus to him.

he who wishes to be greatest of all must bow down to the All in all. Love is greater than it's forms. Everyone was made in the image of Love. this is why Jesus said that he would be baptized by John and why he washed the feet of the disciples. everyone who is sent, is sent to serve one purpose..........

LOVE

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Amazing how sharp the two-edged sword is... isn't it?

Just a couple of messages ago YOU said that Jesus is the way the truth and the life, and the way to enter the Kingdom of heaven is to be like Jesus?

Now when I put a teaching that Jesus not only told others to follow, but practiced himself, you back peddle? It seems like truth only goes as far as your comfort zone allows it to. Really need to stop playing 'header' games and get busy following Jesus, my friend. It isn't to late.

In peace

nope, you misled yourself. i said I AM the way the truth and the light. i didn't say jesus was the way, the truth, the light.

I AM from exodus 3:14. when a messenger was sent, he was required to use the name of names. the name jesus says that self is to be immersed in.

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 3 (Parshah Shemot)

John 5:43
I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

behold i come like a thief, blessed is he who stays awake lest he go naked and they see him exposed.

Hans Christian Andersen : The Emperor's New Clothes

Last edited: