• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The absurdity of Christianity and the sin of unbelief

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@DavidMcCann,

How do you not understand “life for life, eye for eye” relating to justice? Yes, it’s ancient....does that make it obsolete?

Through disobedience, Adam became imperfect...he lost *perfect human life*. (As his offspring, we could only inherit imperfection.)

What was needed? A *perfect human life*...provided by Jehovah God, through His son. The value of which belonged to God, since He had given His Son the perfect life needed, as Jesus’ Father.

BTW, there are so many similarities between ancient Israel’s priesthood and practices, and Jesus’ sacrifice! Everything mirrored it in some way. Here are a few....

“CHRIST’S ENTRY INTO THE MOST HOLY

The sacrifice of his perfect human life being successfully accomplished, Christ could enter the real “Most Holy” after his resurrection, not with the literal blood of his sacrifice, but with what the blood represented, namely, the value of his perfect human life. Just as the high priest of Israel made atonement first for his own priestly house by the sacrificial bull’s blood, and then for the people by the blood of the ‘Lord’s goat,’ so the atoning merit of Jesus’ sacrifice would be applied first to his household of underpriests, the 144,000 spirit-begotten, anointed members of the Christian congregation, his spiritual brothers. Later, it would be applied to humankind in general, for with his blood Christ bought all mankind.—1 John 2:1, 2; Rom. 8:29, 30; compare Hebrews 11:39, 40; Revelation 7:9, 10; Romans 8:21.

As the goat bearing the people’s sins on Atonement Day went into the wilderness, so Jesus carried mankind’s sins far off, into oblivion.—Lev. 16:20-22.

With the presentation of the merit of Christ’s sacrifice in heaven the great antitypical Day of Atonement ended. This “day” ran from the time of Jesus’ baptism in the autumn of 29 C.E. to the time of the presentation of the value of his sacrifice in heaven in the spring of 33 C.E. Ten days after Jesus’ ascension to heaven the evidence was given to his faithful disciples that the merit of his perfect human sacrifice as presented to God in the heavenly “Most Holy” had been accepted. How? By the pouring out of holy spirit upon them at Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost, 33 C.E.—Acts 2:1-36.

There is, therefore, a place where you can really find God—in his true temple, which is his spiritual structure for pure worship. The way of approach is open to all people, regardless of their background. To approach God you must believe that he exists and that he is not “dead,” uninterested in you. The apostle Paul writes: “He that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.”—Heb. 11:6.”
SOURCE:
In What Temple Can God Be Found? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Muffled

Jesus in me
How on earth does god torturing itself to death and then resurrecting itself demonstrate that? Being more just and fair in the first place would have been better.

So why make us such that we need to change? Given that we do, why not make the message clear and, preferably, make some sense?

Which, given the total lack of evidence, logic, or even coherent sense, makes this god totally unjust and unfair.

I believe God is always just and fair.

I believe God reveals how much He loves us by how much He is willing to endure for us. Resurrection clears up any doubts about whether there is an afterlife or not.

I believe we were made perfect but Satan decided he had a better idea and has been selling it ever since.

I believe I am not the most intelligent person in the world but it is clear and makes sense to me.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I believe God is always just and fair.

On what basis? How is it just a fair to condemn everyone as sinners? If god is holding us to a standard that nobody is able to live up to, then it's an inappropriate standard. To be just a fair, god needed to make better people or lower the standard to its shoddy handiwork when it created us.

I believe God reveals how much He loves us by how much He is willing to endure for us. Resurrection clears up any doubts about whether there is an afterlife or not.

This is absurd. In what way does god inflicting pain on itself have anything to do with us? The resurrection is just a story - it doesn't remove doubt at all.

I believe we were made perfect but Satan decided he had a better idea and has been selling it ever since.

So why has god allowed satan to infect its creation? Why judge us for its own mistakes?

I believe I am not the most intelligent person in the world but it is clear and makes sense to me.

How is it clear when only a minority of people accept it's even a genuine message? Even those who do accept Christianity in the broadest sense disagree about the details of the message.

Why isn't it clear and unambiguous to everybody?

pearl

I suppose you are saying that in contraposition to our normal lives but I believe certainly it qualifies as normal for God.

Actually it was just a often heard cliche.

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sounds a lot like cherry-picking. The problem is that different groups of people see different messages. That's really all you need to know to conclude that, even if there is a message in the bible, it is far from clear and it is very easy to misunderstand.
It's a reason why it's clearly not divinely inspired , nor a religion that communicates in any capacity with it's god contrary to claims made otherwise.

It's a reason and proof positive why God, for all practical intents and purposes, is beyond a shadow of a doubt, a mental puppet completely controlled by it's adherents to say and do whatever they want to fit and contour to their specific belief structure.