• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Absolute Truth

Audie

Veteran Member
I suppose it depends on who is giving and who is receiving, but I guess mainly doubting the sincerity of a person who is sincere about their sincerity.

Well, then yes if they had sincere sincerity
then I seriously doubt I'd think they... oh never mind.

susanblange

In my experience, God is present on the earth today. Fairies exist. Past lives are a reality. Nature is full of spiritual beings to interact with. The Perfect Master, AKA Jesus is alive and well and living in the United States at this very moment. A bush can be on fire and not be consumed by the fire.

All of these things I have personally experienced. They are part of the reality I have experienced. They are truths I can claim. Just don't ask me to prove any of them.
Jesus has been reincarnated and he does live in the USA. His new name is William Alan Treotschel and he is the enemy of the Messiah. Revelation 3:12. He is the leader of the "sons of darkness" and this time he will die by bursting into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Jesus has been reincarnated and he does live in the USA. His new name is William Alan Treotschel and he is the enemy of the Messiah. Revelation 3:12. He is the leader of the "sons of darkness" and this time he will die by bursting into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19.

Something we agree on, well sorta. So it must be true. :thumbsup:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you were 100% certain that you knew the absolute truth, about God, the creation of the universe, what happens after death, etc...

Would you feel that any action necessary to get this truth out to the rest of the world would be justified?

I see that the truth itself would reveal a way and show how it was to unfold, the required actions would be known.

Thus our own certainty can only come about by embracing that truth in a spirit of Faith.

Regards Tony

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I see that the truth itself would reveal a way and show how it was to unfold, the required actions would be known.

Thus our own certainty can only come about by embracing that truth in a spirit of Faith.

Regards Tony

Well, I agree completely. I'm just not sure how helpful that ends up being.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
How do you explain the fact many many individuals attempt to learn through their experiences, logic through the open world and self examination, but they come up with diverse conflicting and contradictory claims of truth, nonetheless absolute truth.

Not everyone can be honest with themselves.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I suppose I'm fine with helping folks on the path to finding their own truth. I just don't think it is necessarily the same truth.

Then you haven’t found the absolute truth. You still need to resolve some doubts.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Then you haven’t found the absolute truth. You still need to resolve some doubts.

I don't have a problem with doubt. It keeps me inquisitive. I suppose I'd rather remain inquisitive than certain.

Nimos

In my experience, one does require a certain amount of competence in any field to be able to understand the explanation. This competence may takes years to gain and any number of folks you may run into people may have no interest in putting the effort into gaining that competence. I find there are also a number of folks who will not accept they lack the necessary competence.

So what would you do with the people who are basically incapable of understanding the truth? Leave them behind? Or enforce a set of rules designed to save them despite their lack of competence in understanding the truth?
Imagine if you knew how all of this really were. If you couldn't convince people through logic and your explanations, examples, experiments etc. then the error would be with one self. Remember that in the end any scientist or other reasonable intelligent person would agree with you. So take the brightest people on Earth and all of them would agree with what you were saying. :)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
If God is anything Godlike, God would be an impeccable judge of character. I would feel no need to make people more knowledgeable about God because God only cares about your character in regards to any salvation. Warning people of potential doom would not add, or subtract anything from one's chosen character. And revealing more knowledge of God would have no affect on one's character.

God is inextricable with character and character issues. Leave God's job to God because God is qualified, and humans are not.

God would never make blind commands to His/Her subjects. There is no human acting on God's authority. God does not leave God's justice in the hands of humans. Just like you do not give a child a gun, God does not give power and authority to humans. With God you only get what you are and what that deserves.

Certainly God would reveal to us all good conscience and good character.

Anything less than omnieverything is not God. So, basically, where is God's presence on Earth? And why is Nature so brutal to life?

Science gave us the securities we have, but without good character science is a weapon. We are not all destroyed yet! God?

Every time God is mentioned then we are talking about Ideals, and Perfection, no?

Can God really exist? Because nature is not ideal, and it is not perfect.

Ponder This

If you were 100% certain that you knew the absolute truth, about God, the creation of the universe, what happens after death, etc...

Would you feel that any action necessary to get this truth out to the rest of the world would be justified?

What is absolute truth would that be?
It seems to me that God, the creation of the universe, and what happens after death are things everyone has already spent time thinking about. Who hasn't spent some amount of time thinking about this? Therefore, they have already heard the truth and no action is necessary to "get the word out".

Perhaps this leaves the action of convincing your strongest objectors of the truth of your claim. In that case, not all actions taken to convince your objectors are justified. Why would there be an exception for these particular truths?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I agree completely. I'm just not sure how helpful that ends up being.

It is helpful to the extent that we can know that it is up to us each to find the Truth. That, that is the purpose of this world and It is perfect for its purpose.

We are here to help each other, while immersed in a Love that is not death, it is life.

Regards Tony

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

No. If I was 100% certain I knew the absolute truth about such things and was fully assured that I was correct I then wouldn't feel that any action necessary to get the truth out there to the masses would be justified. Quite the opposite in fact. I would sit on it and only confide in some very select people. However, I would probably write it down somewhere, to leave it existing in the form of a secret relic which I would entrust its keeping to various trustworthy people (off the top of my head, I don't know who) and carry on with my life.

Also, how would people be able to tell the difference between a person proclaiming the absolute true truth and all the hundreds of thousands who wrongly make such claims? I'd end up on a psychiatric ward regardless of whether or not what I professed was true!

If there is an absolute truth out there then I think only God alone should be able to decide whether or not or when and how it is revealed and I would never make the pompous assumption that I am God's agent and tasked with publicising the truth (whatever that is) on his behalf. That would be arrogant.

Any person tasked with God to reveal the absolute truth would I think have to be able to perform miracles and so on, as a sign of their authenticity, to set them apart from the psychotics and charlatans. I believe this has already happened with Jesus Christ and will (hopefully) happen again in the future, when he returns from Heaven.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No. If I was 100% certain I knew the absolute truth about such things and was fully assured that I was correct I then wouldn't feel that any action necessary to get the truth out there to the masses would be justified. Quite the opposite in fact. I would sit on it and only confide in some very select people. However, I would probably write it down somewhere, to leave it existing in the form of a secret relic which I would entrust its keeping to various trustworthy people (off the top of my head, I don't know who) and carry on with my life.

Also, how would people be able to tell the difference between a person proclaiming the absolute true truth and all the hundreds of thousands who wrongly make such claims? I'd end up on a psychiatric ward regardless of whether or not what I professed was true!

If there is an absolute truth out there then I think only God alone should be able to decide whether or not or when and how it is revealed and I would never make the pompous assumption that I am God's agent and tasked with publicising the truth (whatever that is) on his behalf. That would be arrogant.

Unless God themselves tasked us with it.

Any person tasked with God to reveal the absolute truth would I think have to be able to perform miracles and so on, as a sign of their authenticity, to set them apart from the psychotics and charlatans. I believe this has already happened with Jesus Christ and will probably (and hopefully) happen again in the future, when he returns from Heaven.

That would certainly be useful.

I imagine if one wasn't able to provide some sort of proof for their claims, going around telling folks about it wouldn't be very useful.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What is absolute truth would that be?
It seems to me that God, the creation of the universe, and what happens after death are things everyone has already spent time thinking about. Who hasn't spent some amount of time thinking about this? Therefore, they have already heard the truth and no action is necessary to "get the word out".

Perhaps this leaves the action of convincing your strongest objectors of the truth of your claim. In that case, not all actions taken to convince your objectors are justified. Why would there be an exception for these particular truths?

How about if knowledge of the truth was able to save people from a terrible fate? Wouldn't you feel some obligation to save your fellow man?

What if someone went about claiming by jumping of of a particular clift you could meet God and you knew this wasn't true. Would you feel an obligation to warn people about this, tell them the truth? Or would you let them find out for themselves?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
How about if knowledge of the truth was able to save people from a terrible fate? Wouldn't you feel some obligation to save your fellow man?

What if someone went about claiming by jumping of of a particular clift you could meet God and you knew this wasn't true. Would you feel an obligation to warn people about this, tell them the truth? Or would you let them find out for themselves?

If I actually did have the truth and I knew that that truth could avert a terrible calamity then I’d make the truth publicly available (hidden in plain sight) and trust in God to make its truth known to those who are in power (and have the willingness to act on it) via his mysterious workings.

If God revealed the truth to me and made it clear that he wanted me to spread it then I probably would go about doing so, in my own blundering way. I’ve been on a psychiatric ward three times in my life, but I’d happily be admitted to one once again were it to help save humankind from some disaster.

Maybe walking around a town with a sign around my neck warning people of the danger would create some kind of butterfly effect to avert whatever horrible disaster is looming? I’d spend a few weeks on a psych ward and the Earth would be saved! And nobody would ever know!

About scoundrels making people jump off cliffs etc. I would pray for guidance and hope that God’s plan involves shutting them down. I wouldn’t assume to be central to whatever plan he has and would pray for guidance. I believe that if God would want me to do something about such things then I would not be at all aware of what exactly I was doing!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

NO
God knows the Truth, and being omnipotent God could make the Truth known to all in 1 sec. But He does not do it.
We have had Prophets, Sages, Saints ... still people are in the dark about God
Even Avatars came to earth ... full power ... they did not do it

Why should I?
Could I?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If you had "this knowledge" then for sure you would know "what to do" in your scenario;)

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Well, since I knew the absolute truth, I would know the answer to the question of whether I should take action to get the word out to the rest of the world.