• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Absolute Truth

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
If you were 100% certain that you knew the absolute truth, about God, the creation of the universe, what happens after death, etc...

Would you feel that any action necessary to get this truth out to the rest of the world would be justified?

The only way this could be true would be if I was God. No chance.

syo

Ok, sorry-ah, missed your ironical sarcasm
in the post to which I said "right" to.
actually I mean what I wrote about religions. but I understand that most people reject religions, and so I can understand your objection. and i really liked your respond that negated my post. maybe im not that smart i guess. i give the wrong impressions :oops:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
actually I mean what I wrote about religions. but I understand that most people reject religions, and so I can understand your objection. and i really liked your respond that negated my post. maybe im not that smart i guess. i give the wrong impressions :oops:

Why do I reject religions, because IMO they haven't been able to justify the Truth they promote. At least not the folks who lead them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So, God failed at getting the Truth out to the world? o_O
(Assuming God)

We are created fallible humans, and not God nor Gods. The nature of our physical existence is a cyclic evolving physical existence, and cyclic evolving spiritual existence. IF God exists the reality of Creation is as it is, and how we believe it MUST be IF God exists. Traditional thests with ancient world views live and believe in contradiction with the reality of our physical existence as it is.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why do I reject religions, because IMO they haven't been able to justify the Truth they promote. At least not the folks who lead them.

From the fallible human perspective the Baha'i Faith does not propose that the knowledge of 'Truth' is the reality of human existence. The reality is evolving knowledge, and religions are relative knowledge in the context of human culture at the time they were revealed. Those that believe in ancient world religions live in contradiction of their claims of 'Truth' out of context of the reality of the evolving nature of humanity, and the context of what we know of the universal perspective in the contemporary world.

A Vestigial Mote

If you were 100% certain that you knew the absolute truth, about God, the creation of the universe, what happens after death, etc...

Would you feel that any action necessary to get this truth out to the rest of the world would be justified?
If I couldn't actually demonstrate that truth to anyone else, and knew that I couldn't... then I'd likely keep it to myself... even if I knew for certain. There would be no point in sharing some specific, detailed account of what "God" is or what He does - since no one is compelled to believe me - just as all theists find themselves in that position now.

If, however, I could demonstrate it, then I probably would share and put whatever I had to display on display. Unveil "the truth" with said demonstration and see what shakes loose.

Note, that at no point in any of it would I feel any sort of duty or obligation to make that truth known, unless the knowledge imparted specifically proved that God was malevolent toward the human race in some way, and there were some way to stop it, whereby I needed others help in order to do so. Or if there were some great benefit to be had in having the knowledge. Only under such circumstances would I likely feel any obligation to share.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I do know the answer to life, the universe and everything.
But you wouldn't like it.
I don't like it, it makes me depressed.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

The problem with teaching the absolute truth is that it is learned through your experiences and your logic through open world and self examination. The absolute truth can only be learned by the individual. This is why when you go to a real guru he asks you questions and doesn't give you answer's, you will only accept and understand the absolute truth if you find it.

So no once you understand the Absolute Truth you realize you can't teach the rest of the world you can only try to put them on the path, with open questions, parables, and stories. The individual must seek the truth themselves.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I feel there's truths but no absolute truth. I feel like absolute truth is an overly black and white way of thinking.

Yes there are truths, but the distinction between claims of truth and absolute truth is vague, and needs an explanation.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I feel there's truths but no absolute truth. I feel like absolute truth is an overly black and white way of thinking.

While I you are probably right kind of assuming there is in this case.
I suspect a number of religious leaders make this assumption. So feel whatever they do is justified in the name of Truth.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
From the fallible human perspective the Baha'i Faith does not propose that the knowledge of 'Truth' is the reality of human existence. The reality is evolving knowledge, and religions are relative knowledge in the context of human culture at the time they were revealed. Those that believe in ancient world religions live in contradiction of their claims of 'Truth' out of context of the reality of the evolving nature of humanity, and the context of what we know of the universal perspective in the contemporary world.

My knowledge of "me" continues to evolve. That's my truth. I don't however believe that truth is necessarily going to be of benefit to anyone else in the world. If some find Baha'i to be beneficial to them, that's all good for them.