• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Absolute Oneness of God

Ben Avraham

The first commandment is “I am the Lord thy God and thou shall not have strange Gods before Me.” This is the basis for the conviction that there is only one God, a belief that leads to the knowledge of unity, which once accomplished influences and helps us in our daily lives. There is only one God appearing before us, and this one God is for everyone embodying the secrets for successful living in an all-pervading consciousness. In the awareness of one subtle energy form that is everywhere at the same time, we realize that God is always present in the power of pure consciousness. Therefore, the reassuring first step to know the meaning of God is to develop the conscious awareness of His omnipresence, which is ancient and as modern as the space age. Dedication to the recognition of this one God as an art and the unity of all things in energy as a science eliminates the stress and hustle of modern life. Carl Sagan, an American astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist and author said, “A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet.” To expand this beyond the Earth there is one pure consciousness that many call God who created us out of an all-pervading energy; therefore, there are innumerable forms of energy in this one ocean of energy. God is in all of us as spirit, soul or call it consciousness; therefore, we need to stop fighting over who created the world and respect the Divinity within everybody.

I am ready to give up the idea that the Primal Cause aka HaShem caused the Universe to exist if you persuade me of how the Universe came to existence.

Ben Avraham

No, why him as a male with genitals ?.

Oh! I am sorry! "Him" because of the patriarchal concept in Jewish culture. The Primal Cause, aka HaShem is a Spirit as Jesus himself confirmed this truth in John 4:24. Spirits are incorporeal. There is no distinction of sex or whatever else in incorporeality.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Oh! I am sorry! "Him" because of the patriarchal concept in Jewish culture. The Primal Cause, aka HaShem is a Spirit as Jesus himself confirmed this truth in John 4:24. Spirits are incorporeal. There is no distinction of sex or whatever else in incorporeality.
Ok then, god isn't a male, then tell me what is it ?.

Ben Avraham

It's very biased towards a specific definition of God. Others define the term in other ways. I've often said one can define God into or out of existence. My view is that man is not in a position to define God. So one definition for God is as good, or bad, as any other. Your God is as you define God to be. It may not be God as defined by anyone other than you.

Okay, I am ready to consider your idea of God if you demonstrate to me how "Out of existence" could have caused the Universe to exist. Or, how "Good or Bad" could have caused the Universe to exist. My definition of God is the same as the definition Jesus presented of Him: A Spirit. (John 4:24)

Ben Avraham

Any arguments regarding possible details about god are premature until god's existence is actually established. It's like a bunch of people arguing over what size and color the teddy bear is inside a locked safe that nobody has ever seen inside.

Well, if there is any doubt about the existence of the Primal Cause, tell me yourself what or how the Universe was caused to exist?