• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Absolute Oneness of God

Ben Avraham

The Absolute Oneness of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Yer - so there is but ONE TRUE SOURCE of Creation itself - OBVIOUS - the clue is in the word SOURCE...lol....

BUT - look - there are MANY such "gods" - and NONE of these so called gods are the SOURCE of Creation - they are INDIVIDUAL CREATURES made BY that creation process - but not the cause or instigator of their own existance...That applies even to the Hebrew "god" as well - who it turns out and is openly admitted BY that religion is just one god among MANY gods - and that would also be confirmed by Christ later directly also....

There is a definate distinction to be made here - there are many "gods" - but there is only ONE Divine Source for All Creation...That Source is not the god of that religion...There are MANY of these s called gods creating in their own turn MANY MANY worlds similar to this one...Indeed - Christ said there are 360 OTHER and SIMILAR "gods" to this one here - and in fact those others are all united as One creation and this one here is set alone and isolated on purpose as a seperate creation altogether... The "god" of that religion IS the supreme entity HERE in THIS creation - but - it is NOT the supreme entity that caused ALL creation to occur.. in its arrogance it CLAIMED that superior station - but Christ said directly it was lying and deceiving us on purpose...

The true Divine SOURCE of Creation - IS INCORPOREAL - and NO - that does NOT mean it has "atoms" - lol - it means it has NO MATERIAL SUBSTANCE AT ALL - atoms though ARE a material substance..lol...so no - not an "atomic god"..lol....

But the SOURCE itself - my Father - IS FULLY ABSTRACT INSUBSTANTIAL FORMLESS SPIRIT !!!

Whatever written words say - my Father is far far beyond their decription..You cannot "learn" of its truth from an external source such as these religions - you can only EXPERIENCE its truth directly - Gnosis ;)

Tumah

Veteran Member
We could also read on to Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God (El), and there is none else; Elohim are nothing like. :innocent:
You're reading it wrong.
I am G-d (E-l) and there is nothing else.
[I am] G-d (El-him) and [there is] none like me.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I agree, i would like to be fluent in Hebrew, and translate that whole chapter, its fascinating.

Where does the 'me' come from at the end? :)
From the last word כמוני. Its the word כמו meaning "like" with the suffix ני which means "me".
You can also find this word in 2 Sam. 9:8, Isa. 38:19 and Job 9:32
I'm not sure why the question deserves a smile.

Ben Avraham

According to Christian theology they aren't three Gods, there are three persons in one God. God is a community of three fully divine and united individuals.

What you are saying is that the One God is composed of three persons. The Father is a Spirit according to Jesus in John 4:24, the Son is in flesh and the Spirit is also a Spirit. Therefore, there is a strong difference between the three persons of the Trinity. Just for that difference, Christianity no longer can claim to be Monotheistic.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What you are saying is that the One God is composed of three persons. The Father is a Spirit according to Jesus in John 4:24, the Son is in flesh and the Spirit is also a Spirit. Therefore, there is a strong difference between the three persons of the Trinity. Just for that difference, Christianity no longer can claim to be Monotheistic.
I personally believe that Christianity can't claim anything.

Ben Avraham

We could also read on to Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God (El), and there is none else; Elohim are nothing like. :innocent:

Whatever you mean when using the term "Elohim", if it is in a reference to HaShem, you cannot use the verb "to be" in a plural form. For instance, Elohim IS and not are.

Ben Avraham

Hi Folks...

Yer - so there is but ONE TRUE SOURCE of Creation itself - OBVIOUS - the clue is in the word SOURCE...lol....

BUT - look - there are MANY such "gods" - and NONE of these so called gods are the SOURCE of Creation - they are INDIVIDUAL CREATURES made BY that creation process - but not the cause or instigator of their own existance...That applies even to the Hebrew "god" as well - who it turns out and is openly admitted BY that religion is just one god among MANY gods - and that would also be confirmed by Christ later directly also....

There is a definate distinction to be made here - there are many "gods" - but there is only ONE Divine Source for All Creation...That Source is not the god of that religion...There are MANY of these s called gods creating in their own turn MANY MANY worlds similar to this one...Indeed - Christ said there are 360 OTHER and SIMILAR "gods" to this one here - and in fact those others are all united as One creation and this one here is set alone and isolated on purpose as a seperate creation altogether... The "god" of that religion IS the supreme entity HERE in THIS creation - but - it is NOT the supreme entity that caused ALL creation to occur.. in its arrogance it CLAIMED that superior station - but Christ said directly it was lying and deceiving us on purpose...

The true Divine SOURCE of Creation - IS INCORPOREAL - and NO - that does NOT mean it has "atoms" - lol - it means it has NO MATERIAL SUBSTANCE AT ALL - atoms though ARE a material substance..lol...so no - not an "atomic god"..lol....

But the SOURCE itself - my Father - IS FULLY ABSTRACT INSUBSTANTIAL FORMLESS SPIRIT !!!

Whatever written words say - my Father is far far beyond their decription..You cannot "learn" of its truth from an external source such as these religions - you can only EXPERIENCE its truth directly - Gnosis ;)

If I focused well on what I read in this post of yours above, are you implying that The Primal Cause aka HaShem did not cause the universe to exist at the source aka the beginning? Science speaks about the age of the universe. It means the universe had a beginning and it could not have caused itself to exist. If the Primal Cause did not cause the universe to exist, who did it?

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

When Christ speaks of such things He is always speaking of that which we would term MIND...My Father is quite literally a MIND that is again quite literally, IMAGINING the Creation (for lack of better terminology).... The Mind is the only ETERNAL existance - for all other things "in existance" absolutely REQUIRE the MInd Presence to actually DEFINE that and EXPERIENCE that existance - it all flows FROM the Mind - Self Aware - Self Conceiving VIRGIN spirit - the absolute "ground of all Being" - the ABSOLUTE SOURCE of ALL existance....This is Our Father

The Trinity Christ said - are aspects and modes WITHIN the mind itself - we would call them PERSONALITY - the Mind has THREE distinct "persona"....Consider OUR mind to understand this phenomena - its EASY to see and grasp as we ourselves arrange OUR mind in this same fashion - as above so below ALWAYS - made in THAT Image (of Mind)... For instance right now my adopted persona here is "Pete the internet poster" - but - other circumstances this persona will change as needed - Iam ALSO - Pete the husband - Pete the dad - Pete the boss etc etc etc....On and on and on - the Self Creation process NEVER STOPS - and I tell you (all) this is the truth of that which we call KARMA - an INHERANT and NATURAL TALENT of Sentient mind to create that which it believes it Self to Be... These mind personas -Self IDENTITY - is created and adopted with each new experience the mind has....They ALL EXIST TOGETHER right now within my mind -as they do within each of us of course - created and called forth as and when we need them...And look closely - they are RE created each time fresh and new.....Pete internet poster NOW - is NOT the same "Pete internet poster" as yesterday - already that persona has changed - but the MIND that spawned it remains CONSTANT and the creation process itself is likewise constantly bringing forth these Self representations and Self identities.....The mortal Mind is DIVIDED into these little "egoic selfs" that all live as ONE BEING - personality within the mind - streams of specific Self awareness - these combine always to bring forth the reality you desire as best as you can achieve..To understand the premise of a Trinity then should be easy to grasp once we know our own Mind and our own nature - made in THAT Image of the Primal Divine Mind - as He always said - before all things come to KNOW THY SELF fully and completely....

My Father - the Sovereign Primal Mind - how to say this..?...It is the SOURCE of ALL CONCEPTION and ALL EXISTANCE......It is ETERNAL as the phenomena we call "time" itself COMES FROM the Self awareness of this Mind....Time - again quite literally - BEGAN - was conceived and experienced BY the Mind when it had it very first Self aware impulse - its very first "thought" as we would term it - again quite literally CAUSED the entire framework of "material existance" to become apparant - REALISED as a natural LOGICAL consequence - realised as in LITERALLY MADE REAL..... My Fathers first stiiring Self aware impulse caused the phenomena we call "time" - "space" - "energy" - "mathematics" - geometry" - all the components of the external created existance became possible BECAUSE my Fathers Mind awoke to its own nature.. I just tell you (all) here as Christ told them all back in His day - the religion CANNOT GIVE YOU THIS TRUTH - it can only be EXPERIENCED DIRECTLY - the religion does not understand the METAPHYSICAL ETERNAL TRUTH to ALL creation - nor do they understand the spirit that causes it directly - Christ said that explicitly and adamantly - told us all that NONE had EVER encountered the Father directly BEFORE HE came..... I will tell you this is because - just as He said -THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE we call home was once a SEPERATE and ISOLATED creation - and before Christ there was no "bridge" or conduit or connection of any type between these two PLANES OF EXISTANCE - or "realms" of existance as Christ terms it.....Again - unless you have ACTUALLY CROSSED such planes of existance for yourself(s) then its almost a guarantee that you will fail to appreciate this metaphysical truth - it has to be EXPERIENCED to be grasped and understood.... Christs whole LEGITIMATE teaching (not the religious half truth) - is aimed at first aquainting us WITH this Divine Spirit (Holy Ghost) found WITHIN our OWN MIND - and then with that tool in place He shows us to unlock the barriers that seperate THIS world and existance from the spiritual existance that always surrounds us....

The Trinity - are the PRIMAL layer of MIND - the base layer from which all else flows forth in a purely logical and unstoppable cascade ....The first Self aware thought - existance itself - the mind realised its own nature - we would say something like "IAM, I exist" - and the mind quite naturally prompts - for it is LOGIC - if I exist then WHAT AM I ..???...... The Divine Mind needs DEFINITION -always -it seeks SELF UNDERSTANDING - it seeks GNOSIS - complete Self awareness !!!

The LOGIC and need for GNOSIS drives all creation forward.....The Mind has the thought - "Iam I exist" - and so the complimentary impulse arose - WHAT AM I - for the mind MUST have DEFINITION in order to gain SELF UNDERSTANDING - this is its inherant nature drive and purpose always.. This is what Christ said occurred - there was "nothing" - just a blank void totally empty state - impossible to imagine - but again, we CAN experience it directly and He will teach us how... Into this void empty state the impulse of Mind arose - Iam - the need for definition arose as part of that first thought - Iam WHAT - and so a SYMBOL was needed to represent this NEW state of Being - into this void empty state of nothingness came instead a "light" - a symbolic representation of the Minds own Self awareness.....The mind IS the the Light and the Light IS the mind - inseperable - and yet SEPERATE.....The mind sees and EXPERIENCES the Light - everything a symbol of the OPPOSITE first state - nothing became something - dark became Light - silence became sound (vibration) - still void became ENERGETIC MOVEMENT for Light is that which we term "energy" - the void empty state became changed to reflect the logic of the Mind and its first Self aware impulse - and because of this first thought - contained as natural logic within it - now we have mathematics - one mind became TWO aspects. - and now we have SPACE as one mind seperated it Self into two and the Light is external and experential TO the Mind...

PeteC-UK

So with just the first thought all the framework for EXTERNAL and material existance became apparant - realised - made real...The Mind UNDERSTANDS that it IS the Light and that the Light SYMBOLISES the Mind - therefore as we would term it - this is a PERSONALITY - a Self aware identity...The Mind IMAGINED what it would be - and so the symbol came forth to best represent the new Self awareness - dark empty void became LIVING vibrant Light - we call this of course Divine Light - and it is the very same "energy" that our scientists use to make their MATHEMATICAL calculations - for the entire created construct is PURE LOGIC which is the nature of Mind and so maths itself is the ONLY pure logical tool to describe its origins accurately...The Mind BECAME the Light and knew it had done this and so became a Self aware personality within the mind...

Thus already we have TWO aspects of this Mind apparant - the part that is "imagining" and Self conceiving - VIRGIN SPIRIT...This part - imagination and choosing what to Be - this is the primal aspect - my Father as I and Christ term it... And now we have its first symbolic Self representation - a living Conscious cloud of Light - living Conscious ENERGY...This second aspect Christ terms as FEMININE - and names Her specifically as SOFIA... She is the LIVING Conscious energy that ALL creation will be formed FROM - thus She - Sofia is described as Mother of All Creation, Divine Womb from which all MATERIAL form comes forth...She is the ENTIRETY of the ALL as again quite literally this "energy" is the primal Divine Light that will manifest all the created forms of worlds AND their lifeforms and Souls to inhabit them....She is the embodiment then of the entire Divine Mind - as if She is"living wisdom" the personification of the entire understanding of Mnd in its PASSIVE aspect..

The Father imagines and chooses what to Be what to create what to call forth. ...SHE - Sofia - Holy Ghost - is Mother of All - as from Her Primal Divine Light all material forms will be made real created in a step by step heirachical succesion of stages resulting ithe fully material "solid" worlds we inhabit now - thus we have MANY many layers and planes to existance - realms exist WITHIN other realms and it is all a heirachy of this primal Divine Mind..

So Father and Mother have been made known - the Son - Christ - makes up the third member of this Primal Trinity.. If Sofia is "living wisdom" that is "passive" - then so too Christ is similarly "living logic" which is DYNAMIC..Hence He is given a Male aspect... He is the aspect that knows and understand LOGIC fully - what must Be and what can NOT Be as defined by the the thing the Father CHOOSES to Be.. My Father imagines and chooses - and Christ takes that impulse and uses it to give purely LOGICAL structure form and thus DEFINITION TO the living energy that is Sofias aspect....My Father CHOOSES what to be what to Create - Christ impresses that Will upon Sofia to call forth Creation as intended..

As if one personality - the Father - says to Christ "hey lets create this" - and Christ replies "OK - but we need first this to happen, and that, then some of this - and of course that means we cant do this, or this or that..." as the LOGIC of it all becomes apparant and every detail accounted for and understood FULLY......Once the concept is final and all worked out, this becomes the WILL of the Divine mind, that which it CHOOSES to call forth and Create..The impulse of the mind becomes structured ordered - defined - and then THROUGH the Christ this Divine plan is impressed upon the living energy of Sofia - the energy itself takes form and structure decreed by the LOGIC of the concept itself - it becomes that which it is INTENDED to become..The mind orders it Self in this manner always - the defined logic is known as language - WORDS - thus Christ is the DIVINE WORD that gives form structure and definition to the entire Creation - holds it all as but ONE LOGICAL CONCEPT in its complete entirety - just as the Creation is formed FROM Sofia living spiritual energy also iys complete entirety...

Thus these THREE Primal aspects of Divine mind ALWAYS WORK IN UNISON - always EXIST in unison - each a natural vital consequence of the Others - inseperable and integral to each other...They all arose together (as did the entire framework to material existance) - as a natural consequence of Our Fathers first Self aware impulse.. The entire Creation is a nested reality - realms exist within realms - mind within mind..This Primal Trinity start it all off - they come forth from the Silent Void as but ONE BEING - there is no material form - no creation at all as yet but this Primal mind still exists - three distinct persona that combine to Cause all else....

Through this unstoppable process - true Karma - many many MANY such realms and planes of existance have been created and are CONTINOUSLY created even by us individual mortal minds here....MIND creates it all...Christ actually spoke of a method to take THIS individual mind right back into that first void empty state - to encounter this Divine Presence DIRECTLY and thus to experience directly , that which you are and have always been...The religion fails to understand or teach ANY of this truth - and the god of that religion is NOT this SOURCE that Christ alone speaks of.. Indeed He lays it all out step by crucial step in the ORIGINAL gospels and we see there clearly that the one we call "god Yhvh" is actually nothing more than an Angel as we would term it - high in the heirachy of such created Beings - yes for rsure - but NOT the source of that Creation despite what it claims for itself - it is merely indeed a CREATURE exactly like You and I are...

As said Christ spoke openly of the ORIGIN of the one we call Yhvh - and for that truth they MURDERED Him to silence the threat to its authority.. Not Our Father - but a much lesser "deity" that usurps power and authority that He said it has no legitimate Divine rights to..The entire narrative is laid out very clearly in the ORIGINAL gospels which is why of course the SAME bogus religious authority then hunted down that original truth - destroyed it - murdered all people who knew or undersrtood - and then replaced the original disciple gospels and their legitimate truth, with MANUFACTURED "bible doctrine" to hide behind and enforce their continued domination.. Christ spoke openly of the bogus god Yhvh and alongside taught us of this NEW never before encountered legitimate Divine spirit - the public surface truth got Him murdered to silence Him - but His is a truth delivered as always - for those with the ears to hear...

Ben Avraham

Hi Folks..

When Christ speaks of such things He is always speaking of that which we would term MIND...My Father is quite literally a MIND that is again quite literally, IMAGINING the Creation (for lack of better terminology).... The Mind is the only ETERNAL existance - for all other things "in existance" absolutely REQUIRE the MInd Presence to actually DEFINE that and EXPERIENCE that existance - it all flows FROM the Mind - Self Aware - Self Conceiving VIRGIN spirit - the absolute "ground of all Being" - the ABSOLUTE SOURCE of ALL existance....This is Our Father

Jesus no longer speaks about any thing since the day he died. You may want to read Ecclesiasted 9:5,6 to know why. If you think that he was raised from the dead, read II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalms 49:12:20; etc. The belief in the gospel of Jesus which was the Tanach is that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave.