• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 80's

MNoBody

I thought the 80's was the most bizarre decade....but in hindsight it has become the 'norm'
just another day in an ever shrinking pond.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Thread needz moar
images

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The 80s were a terrible decade. It's when the United States decided to go down the crapper and take the whole world down with it. Greed, selfishness, shallowness, phoniness, glitz and glam and cocaine and mindless consumption were our highest values. Bad music, bad hair, bad clothes, and bad attitudes. A thoroughly toxic decade that we have still not recovered from.

Yes, that's how I remember it, more or less. Things had change noticeably in the 80s; it wasn't as free as it was in the 70s. Everything got so fake in the 80s, and it's pretty much remained that way ever since.

But some of the music was still pretty good. A few good movies.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This wasn't one of my favorite 80s tunes, not even close, but it was used briefly by the Bush-Quayle campaign in 1988. It kind of sums up how a lot of people were thinking back in those days, particularly the Republicans and fans of Reagan-Bush-Quayle, etc.

I later read that the Bobby McFerrin never gave his permission to the Bush campaign to use the song, and he didn't appreciate them using it.

Ironically, the Bush campaign used the infamous Willie Horton ad to roll over Dukakis.