• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 4th Way.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
I'd be interested to hear from people who have been involved in the teachings of The Fourth Way, whether as serious practitioners or semi serious. I am familiar with The Fourth Way and I would like to engage in serious discussions connected with The Fourth Way. I have no objections to people joining the thread who practise something similar.

For anyone unfamiliar with The Fourth Way:-

The Fourth Way The Original Teaching
What has been confusing to many people is that until Gurdjieff introduced the teaching in Russia in 1912 it was not known. Since chronologically all teachings and religions appear before The Fourth Way, it is easily supposed that it is last. This perception, however, is quite linear. Though The Fourth Way does appear last, it is actually first. All esoteric and religious history is thus stood on its head.

We see the world, as Gurdjieff said many times, "topsy-turvy." Original does not mean newly invented, as it is often taken to mean. An original teaching is "of the origin," meaning that the teaching existed first, from the beginning, before other teachings that may derive from it.

In other words, The Fourth Way predates not only Christianity but the Egyptian, Judaic, Persian, Buddhist and Islamic religions.

Gurdjieff tells us that the earliest indications of the teaching of The Fourth Way lie in prehistoric Egypt—an Egypt that existed before recorded history, which dates from 3000 B.C. "It will seem strange to many people," Gurdjieff said, "when I say that this prehistoric Egypt was Christian many thousands of years before the birth of Christ."

He said that the principles and ideas constituting true Christianity were known many thousands of years before the birth of Christ. In discovering these, he had "the blueprint," so to say, of the original Christianity.

As he said, "The Christian church, the Christian form of worship, was not invented by the fathers of the church. It was all taken in a ready-made form from Egypt, only not from the Egypt we know but from one which we do not know. This Egypt was in the same place as the other but it existed much earlier."

Thanks for reading.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Self-Observation

It is a difficult art to conquer, and I fail to self observe many times, this I call sleepwalking ! When I remember then I awaken, but it may only be for short period of time, and then back to being in sleepwalking mode !

The many I's is so true. There is an army of I's all jostling for some time in the Light, and there are periods when nobody is Home. I(which one !) will attempt to self observe on a regular basis, and even try to keep a Journal.

Even if this is new to you don't let that put you off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8XKbf5NN-U

MD

qualiaphile
I should have explained that I am a novice, but an interested novice. Please explain further.

Thanks for posting - it wasn't expected ! Although it is appreciated.

Lol your name is wicketkeeper, I was just making a reference to a position in cricket by the same name.

The two names I posted are famous wicketkeepers.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Lol your name is wicketkeeper, I was just making a reference to a position in cricket by the same name.

The two names I posted are famous wicketkeepers.

Ah, yes, so they are ! De Villers is South African I think, Akmal doesn't ring any bells. Thanks for the humor digression, I used to follow England when Botham was playing, I have great memories of those years.

Are you not interested in The Fourth Way ?

MD

qualiaphile
Ah, yes, so they are ! De Villers is South African I think, Akmal doesn't ring any bells. Thanks for the humor digression, I used to follow England when Botham was playing, I have great memories of those years.

Are you not interested in The Fourth Way ?

Kamran Akmal, he was a **** Pakistani wicketkeeper.

I followed India when I was younger, before IPL exploded. Will stop derailing your thread :).

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Some thoughts on a few of my I's.

When my parents were still in their respective flesh suits I would have different 'I's' for each one. My folks separated after 43 years of marriage ! So when I visited my mum the 'I' that engaged with her was so different from the 'I' who engaged with my dad ! Another 'I' engaged with friends, and there where yet further 'I's' for my sub groups of friends. I'm tying myself up here ! Break time ! Will give me material for my poetry which is always good.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Are these personas really 'I'? Or are they different passing constructs?

I would call them actors ! Yes they are passing, fleeting, impermanent etc etc. For me(ha !) the preferred term is 'I', as this fits in with The Fourth Way's teaching.

The roles performed include a son, brother, cousin, boyfriend, poet, footballer, road technician(rock bands), husband, father and each had a particular 'I' which would arise(from where ?!) automatically.

Even when I was in my 30's going to see my mother was an ordeal ! She was hyper critical of my long hair and style of clothing, so when I got there the nervous 'I' would automatically parade itself.
Yet when I visited my dad(my folks divorced)the 'I' which paraded itself was relaxed ! My dadis my hero and I looked forward to seeing him, yet the 'I' who visited mum was as nervous as heck !

I(hehe) would prefer remaining with the term I.

Hope you return to add more of your thoughts.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
OK, so is there a permanent I?

I(haha) think there is. It is referred to in a variety of ways, soul, spirit, consciousness etc

Here is where I am currently:-

I have a body-mind (mechanism) but I am not the body-mind (mechanism).The body-mind (mechanism) is my mode of transport in order to take part in this Game of Life. When the time arrives for my body-mind (mechanism) to die, then I return Home(non physical realms). Death is the mechanism of release for our True Nature.

Other terms for what 'I' is includes Overself and Higher Self.

Since I have started observing the self I have become more alert ! When I fail to observe the self I am back asleep ! So even when I think I am physically awake I can be asleep ! Forgetting to observe the self is called sleeping, and that is when the body-mind mechanism is functioning mechanically. I brush my teeth mechanically, I brush my hair mechanically etc etc Their are many times during the day when my mechanical side is carrying out the day to day tasks of life. I will try to start my Journal today !

Peace,
wicketkeeper

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
The best I can do is intelligent design and assisted evolution... However, a living being, no matter how insignificant, may create a "soul."

I mean, the human brain, in particular, don't knock it...

It's like a biogenic, organic, interface that creates an soul... Through nervous systems... It is a brutal first interface... within a dimension that creates life and further life to go on into ascentional planes of existence....

I can't make it much more advanced...

There are far more advanced planar life forms doctoring or even punishing Mankind and all other life... These are the one's that judge, judge, judge, EXTINCTION.

This is an lower level of interfacing with higher reality...

There is no proof because such is desired... and otherwise interpretations are designed...

Indulge, enjoy... Earthly pleasures... do not flagellate yourself. The judgement of you comes at different orders... But Acknowledge those Honored in this world and diffused realm.

That's pretty good, I think...

Last edited:

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
More thoughts.

I am chronically ill, so were both my parents. Not sure about my grandparents, I have good memories of my grandma, she seemed healthy enough(from my mother's side). My mother's father left his body before I was born, of what or how are a blank. My dad's mother lived to a good age and was healthy, as for my dad's father he passed before I was born, and I don't know how or why.

So I share with my parents' as regards to our health. I will explore this further, in fact I will make it my new project. In summing up, I think we do share ancestral connections, and to add to this my wife is chronically ill, and her mother suffered terribly(MS and emphasymia). Her dad(step)passed after a long fight with cancer.

So it would appear that both my wife and I share ancestral connections especially healthwise.

Final thoughts:

Do we give enough respect to our family linneages' ? How do we pay our respects/explore further ?

Your thoughts are welcome.

I'm of the school of thought that we don't make a soul or astral body, we are already equipped with them.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
More thoughts:

My father battled with lung-prostate & skin cancer at the same time(he gave up smoking in the 1970s so does smoking do the damage the experts tell us, or is it a 'smokescreen'(haha) - I have a dark sense of humor, which my wife does not like !

I would say that my father & I do share in ancestral karma.

I have had cancer three times thus far - bowel, abdomen and nose !!! I was the third of three boys, my two brothers have escaped being chronically ill ! I also have a genetic defect !!! I need putting to sleep, and if my doc ever offered me a pill to exit this car wreck of a body I'd take it !!! I must stress I am not suicidal.

So there we have it. Aint Life interesting.

Please don't be shy and join in this thread.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
I wake up(hehe) and get out of bed with a struggle. The mind-body dislikes waking up ;-), the mind is murky and slow(due to my pain relief meds) to join the wide awake club ! The lady who plays the role of my wife brings me my giant mug of coffee, and slowly, baby steps the fog begins to clear. Soon there are words spoken.
BUT ! Are we ever truly awake ? If so how long for ? Brief moments maybe. But then its back to sleeping with all the other sleepers. I observe the body going through its morning ritual. Some call it mindfullness. Maybe it is.
Are we all actors ? Our role unfolds before our very eyes, even when sleepwalking..
I shall watch and listen to the Lower Centers video.

Peace.

polish the ball.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Over the last few years I have learnt some valueable lessons as well as struggling to remain sane in this insane world(our human level). I have been able to lose my judgemental 'I' which I inherited from my mother, and she was a hardcore judgementalist due to a strict Catholic upbringing. My mother regularly judged me ! She would annihalate my dress sense because I preferred comfy clothing, tracksuit bottoms and large t-shirts. I was only smart when I was a performing poet. She never praised me unlike her sister who often gave me good reviews, especially complimenting my poetry.

So, the judgemental 'I' has been dismissed. The next 'I' under the spotlight is my impatient 'I'. Its half done, but I still have episodes of impatient. I think it will be a good idea to list the various I's, so more research and even return to meditating regularly.

Break time.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Is the 4th Way asking too much or am I being lazy !?!?

I am observing the self, and occasionally remember about the 4 lower centers, so is it worthwhile discarding the study of the 4 lower centers ?

I shall ponder this further.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Ah, Monday ! I have had my injection of the blues. I will try to observe the self. But apply no pressure.

Family descended and so the observations went out of the window although I did manage a few moments of self observation. I am now alone and the observations begin again.

But I confess to sleepwalking much of the time ! I am also sorting out the paperwork for my 2nd Kindle book of poetry - Crack or Christ which covers many areas of life. I hope you'll take a peek when its on Amazon, which will be this week.