• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 3rd Temple

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What's the Reform view on the 3rd Temple? Are you awaiting its building? If so, how should it be in your view: complete with all animal sacrifices, only male kohanim and levi'im working there, etc, or something else?
And if not, what do Reform see as a sort of 'endgame', so to speak? Where is the world heading to?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi guys, this is the REFORM JUDAISM DIR and if you're not a Reform Jew or asking a respectful question you're not invited to the tea party, so please rise, push your seat under and leave in an orderly fashion.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What's the Reform view on the 3rd Temple? Are you awaiting its building? If so, how should it be in your view: complete with all animal sacrifices, only male kohanim and levi'im working there, etc, or something else?
And if not, what do Reform see as a sort of 'endgame', so to speak? Where is the world heading to?
When I brought up the fact that some people in Israel wanted to rebuild the temple as a way of bringing on the coming of the messiah, the Rabbi said, "Heaven forbid!"

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
When I brought up the fact that some people in Israel wanted to rebuild the temple as a way of bringing on the coming of the messiah, the Rabbi said, "Heaven forbid!"

I assume you are speaking of a Reform rabbi. May I ask how long ago this incident occurred and how old the rabbi was?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
A fair set of questions.

Your attitude, when three hours after posting you had not received a response, is more problematic.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Based on this, if a temple were to be built, what would the Reform reaction be? Disaffiliation? Indifference? Something else?

We're a fairly heterogenous tribe, but my response would be somewhere between disaffiliation and utter contempt.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I assume you are speaking of a Reform rabbi. May I ask how long ago this incident occurred and how old the rabbi was?
Yes, a Reform rabbi. About five years ago; he was in his late forties. He was literally horrified that I would say such a thing. Don't get me wrong, though. He was a great rabbi. I liked him a lot. Fantastic sermons. That's why this threw me.