• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 3 Earth Ages

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well maybe then, you should get a hold of National Geographic and let them know,Ok

Don't come complaining to me.get a hold of them and complain, I have nothing to with what videos are there

The bottom line is that there is no such video in the NG selection. In the search you may pick up Creationist videos like I did.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You got that right, you were evoled from nothing and your still nothing. Go Figure

Now now, personal attacks are against the rules here. You are obviously ignorant of all of the sciences. But that does not mean that you cannot learn. You believe the myths of Genesis, you were probably indoctrinated at an early age and simply do not know better yet. You should be trying to learn why and how we know that Genesis is just a book of myths.

Faithofchristian

Now now, personal attacks are against the rules here. You are obviously ignorant of all of the sciences. But that does not mean that you cannot learn. You believe the myths of Genesis, you were probably indoctrinated at an early age and simply do not know better yet. You should be trying to learn why and how we know that Genesis is just a book of myths.

Your the one that said we were evoled, so I answered your question

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So now you want to use logic.
So 2+2= 4 so that proves that Adam and Eve were created. 2+2=4

I always use logic. You should try it sometime. And no, that was an analogy. Right now you should be trying to learn, not attacking others. Especially if you consider yourself to be a Christian. Believing the myths of Genesis is no a requirement for being a Christian.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your the one that said we were evoled, so I answered your question

No, you made a personal attack. You claimed that I was nothing.

And your English needs a bit of work. "Your" is not the word that you meant to use. You meant to use "You're" a contraction of "You are". "My" the one that said we were evolved makes no sense.

Faithofchristian

That is where your wrong at. I can read for myself and don't need anyone to tell me what the book of Genesis supports and what it doesn't supports.

Maybe people are taught at a young age, but that doesn't mean, that when they get older and are able to read for themselves to know what is what. I can bet you, that there were things that you were taught at a young age.
Therefore you can not use what people were taught at a young age against them.

There were alot of things that I was taught at a young age, that now I see for myself differently. Just like being taught the earth as being 6000 yrs old, but now I read for myself and seeing that the earth is not 6000 yrs old, but alot older and the bible supports the earth as being alot older than 6000 yrs old.

The bible that you claim as having errors, supports the dinosaurs as being Million of years old.
The bible also supports the 3 earth ages.

First earth age, of the dinosaurs

Second earth, which we are living in

The Third earth age, which Jesus establishes his kingdom here on earth.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is where your wrong at. I can read for myself and don't need anyone to tell me what the book of Genesis supports and what it doesn't supports.

Maybe people are taught at a young age, but that doesn't mean, that when they get older and are able to read for themselves to know what is what. I can bet you, that there were things that you were taught at a young age.
Therefore you can not use what people were taught at a young age against them.

There were alot of things that I was taught at a young age, that now I see for myself differently. Just like being taught the earth as being 6000 yrs old, but now I read for myself and seeing that the earth is not 6000 yrs old, but alot older

At best you are simply trying to reinterpret Genesis based upon your limited science education. The fact is that the whole book is myth. How much education have you had? I can support my claims but I need to be able to understand what level I need to use in my responses. Teaching you from the beginning would take a long time and could be a waste of time. I would not want to insult a trigonometry student by teaching them how to add.

Faithofchristian

At best you are simply trying to reinterpret Genesis based upon your limited science education. The fact is that the whole book is myth. How much education have you had? I can support my claims but I need to be able to understand what level I need to use in my responses. Teaching you from the beginning would take a long time and could be a waste of time. I would not want to insult a trigonometry student by teaching them how to add.

Your right about that, I base my knowledge and understanding of what Genesis supports and what it doesn't support.

And not base my knowledge and understanding what man will say.

Been there and done that many times over the years, that now I go by what I want to go and what I don't want to go by.

This is one of the big reasons why I don't belong to any church or organization of any church.

I am my own person, to believe what I want and when I want.
I don't need a church or anyone else telling me what I'm to believe and what I'm not to believe.

Faithofchristian

I always use logic. You should try it sometime. And no, that was an analogy. Right now you should be trying to learn, not attacking others. Especially if you consider yourself to be a Christian. Believing the myths of Genesis is no a requirement for being a Christian.

Ok, so you use logic, let's see if you have logic as you say,Ok.

You know what amazes me.
Whether you know it or not, unto which you don't.
The bible supports alot of things that you will say, But yet you stand against what supports you.

And the Christians, supports the bible, But yet the bible stands against alot of what christians will say.

Now that amazes me. So where's the logic in that at?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your right about that, I base my knowledge and understanding of what Genesis supports and what it doesn't support.

And not base my knowledge and understanding what man will say.

Been there and done that many times over the years, that now I go by what I want to go and what I don't want to go by.

This is one of the big reasons why I don't belong to any church or organization of any church.

I am my own person, to believe what I want and when I want.
I don't need a church or anyone else telling me what I'm to believe and what I'm not to believe.

There is a problem with being "self educated". If you do not know much to start with it is very hard to learn. You do not know that Genesis is a book of myth largely due to the fact that you have attempted to educate yourself. And knowledge is demonstrable. A nice bumper sticker approach is "If you can't show it, you don't know it". So far you have only demonstrated belief.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, so you use logic, let's see if you have logic as you say,Ok.

You know what amazes me.
Whether you know it or not, unto which you don't.
The bible supports alot of things that you will say, But yet you stand against what supports you.

And the Christians, supports the bible, But yet the bible stands against alot of what christians will say.

Now that amazes me. So where's the logic in that at?

First off I don't use the Bible. It is full of self contradictions, bad science, failed prophecies and terrible morality. And there was no logic in your post at all. Just a bunch of word salad at best.

Faithofchristian

There is a problem with being "self educated". If you do not know much to start with it is very hard to learn. You do not know that Genesis is a book of myth largely due to the fact that you have attempted to educate yourself. And knowledge is demonstrable. A nice bumper sticker approach is "If you can't show it, you don't know it". So far you have only demonstrated belief.

I just did, showed you,

The First Earth Age = The dinosaurs
The Second Earth Age = our Earth Age
The Third Earth Age = The next Earth Age, after the Second Earth Age.

But like I said, unless you have knowledge to understand, it's all meaningless to you.

Faithofchristian

First off I don't use the Bible. It is full of self contradictions, bad science, failed prophecies and terrible morality. And there was no logic in your post at all. Just a bunch of word salad at best.

You just proved my case Why would anyone want to debate with someone, who has no understanding or knowledge of the bible.

If you had any knowledge or understanding of the Bible, you would know that there is no contradictions.
Therefore it would only be only a waste of time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just did, showed you,

The First Earth Age = The dinosaurs
The Second Earth Age = our Earth Age
The Third Earth Age = The next Earth Age, after the Second Earth Age.

But like I said, unless you have knowledge to understand, it's all meaningless to you.

No, you only made bogus unsupported claims. I explained to you how your "First Earth Age" was wrong. If you did not understand or disagreed you should have asked for evidence or support. Your Second Earth Age is merely a poorly defined term, and your Third Earth Age needs massive evidence which you cannot support. That is why your claims are bogus.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You just proved my case Why would anyone want to debate with someone, who has no understanding or knowledge of the bible.

If you had any knowledge or understanding of the Bible, you would know that there is no contradictions.

You never proved your case and I doubt if your understanding of the Bible is better than mine. And no, if you understood the Bible you would know that there are countless contradictions. Only the most ignorant of Christians make that error. Have you even heard of "Christian apologetics" it is a huge attempt that tries to "apologize" for the countless errors in the Bible.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I have studied and read the Bible for more then sixty years, and I understand the Bible from different perspectives The problem is you cannot accuse someone of not understanding the Bible, because they disagree with you That is a well known 'straw man' fallacy.

The problem I have is your lack of knowledge of science, and confusing misuse of references.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Thanks, I hate having to use my phone, can not do alot, like I could on my laptop.

All I have to do is just put in at the top of my phone next to Google, in my search engine is

nationalgeographic human footprints with dinosaurs footprints

Then everything that I may want to look at comes up

What server are you trying to go thru, maybe that's the problem I go thru google

You may have some kinda block that's preventing you from going to the nationalgeographic website
I have complete access to all the National Geographic sites, and still nothing. However, I did note that in some Google searches under "nationalgeographic. . . ." or National Geographic . . . ." more than National Geographic videos are listed, one of which is made by creationist Dr. Don Patton (a fraudulent claim, by the way, he has no PhD.) whose video "Extraordinary Evidence that Dinosaurs Lived with Man" makes the claim you do. As evidence he cites the tracks in Glen Rose formation, but, as it turns out, do not contain human foot prints.

"Near Dinosaur Valley State Park, in the limestone deposits along the Paluxy River, "twin sets" tracks were found in the Glen Rose Formation as early as 1908. These footprints were once thought to be evidence that humans and non-avian dinosaurs lived at the same time, but now are identified to be created by dinosaurs. However, young-Earth creationists continue to believe that humans and non-avian dinosaurs lived at the same time, a notion that is contrary to the standard view of the geological time scale. Biologist Massimo Pigliucci has noted that geologists in the 1980s "clearly demonstrated that no human being left those prints," but rather "they were in fact metatarsal dinosaur tracks, together with a few pure and simple fakes."

The family of George Adams, who claimed to have found human footprints in the Glen Rose Formation, later admitted that Adams' and some others' fossil footprints were a hoax. Zana Douglas, the granddaughter of George Adams, explained that during the 1930s depression her grandfather and other residents of Glen Rose made money by making moonshine and selling "dinosaur fossils". The faux fossils brought $15 to $30 and when the supply ran low, they "just carved more, some with human footprints thrown in."
Source: Wikipedia
My suspicion is that the video you watched was very likely the one made by Patton, not one made by the National Geographic Society.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

No, you only made bogus unsupported claims. I explained to you how your "First Earth Age" was wrong. If you did not understand or disagreed you should have asked for evidence or support. Your Second Earth Age is merely a poorly defined term, and your Third Earth Age needs massive evidence which you cannot support. That is why your claims are bogus.

Those claims, may not agree with you, but that does not change things.

Just because you don't agree with something, that does not change the subject. That's life get use to it.

There are things I don't agree with, but that's life.

Because you can not handle what the Bible Support's, that doesn't change things what the Bible Support's, only that you have no knowledge or understanding what the Bible Support's and confirm's.

That only shows your lack of knowledge of understanding of the Bible, The bible is like giant jigsaw puzzle that you put the pieces together to make sense of the bible.

Unto which you showed that you have no knowledge or understanding about.

In many ways, you fulfil prophecies of the bible, that you have no knowledge or understanding about.

Faithofchristian

You never proved your case and I doubt if your understanding of the Bible is better than mine. And no, if you understood the Bible you would know that there are countless contradictions. Only the most ignorant of Christians make that error. Have you even heard of "Christian apologetics" it is a huge attempt that tries to "apologize" for the countless errors in the Bible.

Look there are no rules of proof of evidence, if I chose to use the bible as my source of evidence. That's my choice. Whether you agree or not with the bible.

For some reason people seem to think everything as to be proven according to their way of understanding.

But this not my case. For if I use the bible to prove my case, What is that to you, all except that you don't have any knowledge or understanding about the bible, does not mean I can not use the bible to prove my case.
But you think your the judge and jewelry to decide what is and what is to be used to prove a case.
If I use the bible to prove my case as a Christian, that's my source of evidence.