• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 18th Brumaire of the Bernie Bros.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
The thing about liberals is that they are way too liberal and progressive and kind and tolerant as if being liberal, progressive, kind, loving, tolerant and whatever are always virtue written in stone. Something that always has to be promoted or you might lose your liberal or progressive credentials and no one let you back into the party and give you coke anymore. Nice doesn't win wars. Sorry if this hurts your liberal snowflake feelings but it doesn't.

Liberals never learn what history teaches everyone. They want to pretend that good thoughts and happy feelings will cure everything and if we just reach out with love that somehow all those people who hate will somehow magically change if only they realize that we have their best interest in mind.

Sadly, it just doesn't work that way in real life. Idealism is ultimately fantasy. Sometimes nice doesn't work, sometimes nice doesn't work, sometimes love doesn't mean a thing. Sometimes you need to punch a Nazi in the face and you need to punch them hard.

You want to appeal to people's better angels? Guess what? Sometimes people don't have better angels. You want to appeal to reason? Guess what? Some people are unreasonable. Don't believe let us look at what one super-liberal once said about Jews fighting back against Hitler. (I am in no way comparing that idiot buffoon Trump to Hitler, Trump doesn't even compare a **** cell on Hitler's brain damaged butthole). Here are some excerpts given by Quaker Theologian Henry Cadbury during 1934:

Oppression of Jews in German by Hitler and his Nazi forces can be ended not by hate that their victims may display, or by attempts to fight back, but by efforts to cultivate good will.

From what I see many liberal still believe this, that goodwill will win the day.

You can prove to your oppressors that their objectives and methods are not only wrong, but unavailing in the face of the world’s protests and universal disapproval of the injustices the Hitler program entails.

Because oppressors are really concerned about your butthurt, I assume.

By hating Hitler and trying to fight back, Jews are only increasing the severity of his policies against them.

Because all Hitler need is love and he will change. Right?

I
f Jews throughout the world try to instill into the minds of Hitler and his supporters recognition of the ideals for which the race stands, and if Jews appeal to the German sense of Justice and German national conscience, I am sure the problem will be solved more effectively and earlier than otherwise.

Because you can always appeal to the sense of justice and conscience of an obvious psychopath.

Boycotts are simply war without bloodshed, and war in any form is not they way to right the wrongs being inflicted on the Jewish people

Because having tyrants face the consequences is just so negative.

There is a lot more to this speech and it does get more ridiculous. I just find it sad that people who say they side justice can't find the cojones to fight for justice as if fighting itself is a bad thing.

So what is one to do when you face an opponent who is ultimately evil?

What if the people who oppose you do actually embrace hatred and bigotry?

What do you if they embrace violent acts to express their hatred?

Does non-violence or pacifism always work?

Here is the text of Henry Cadbury's infamous speech:

Full Text of 1934 Times Summary of Speech Urging Jews to be Civil in Opposition to Hitler

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Eh this world is muddied up. Someone can call you every bad name under the sun, and all you can do is sue them. If you hurt someone for calling you another name for a cigarrette in a derogative manner, you run the risk of going to jail, or at least the mental hospital.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The thing about liberals is that they are way too liberal and progressive and kind and tolerant as if being liberal, progressive, kind, loving, tolerant and whatever are always virtue written in stone.

I see them exhibit none of these qualities. They certainly claim these qualities. But their actions show otherwise. You can't claim to be tolerant, kind, progressive, or loving, and call for violence against those that disagree with you at the same time. Matter of fact calling for violence for these reasons makes them intolerant, cruel, regressive, and hateful, especially when they dehumanize their enemies to justify that violence.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Fiscal liberals are a different matter in the US, and 'Liberal' in Europe just means that you are capitalist, so lets differentiate what is being discussed.

We are talking about US pacifist progressives. US pacifist progressives did learn some things from the world wars and from the Civil Rights movements, women's suffrage, Indian liberation and South African desegregation.

What about the Peace movement of the 1960's? Well they were facing a new terror called Nuclear War, something never before seen. There was a lot of fear. People weren't used to the idea that we could be exterminated as a species.

Its true that in order to make an effective peaceful protest you must come from a position of strength and not of weakness. This has been shown true many times. There must still be a search, however, for ways to end the need for wars for defenses and for weapons. I see nothing wrong with seeking that end. What pacifist progressives get right is more important than what they get wrong. By the way its still possible that we could exterminate ourselves as a species if we did let another big war get started.

joe1776

Here's the thing: Conservatives are arrogant. They resist change because humanity is overcoming its arrogant nature.

Take the Catholic Church for example. Prior to Vatican II back in the sixties, Catholics thought they were the only path to Heaven: The One True Church. But the liberals in the Church took control and pushed an ecumenical agenda.

The conservatives in the Church 60 years later are still whining that they want their old Church back because imagining themselves as God's favorites, members of an elite group, appealed more to their arrogant nature.

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

You can't claim to be tolerant, kind, progressive, or loving, and call for violence against those that disagree with you at the same time.
Yes you can and wish they would but they are too passive chicken**** and half-hearted to do anything.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Liberals and conservatives are both equally important. Too much of one if a bad thing, I like to think of it this way. Conservatives tend to like structure and stability. Traditionally, conservatives are drawn to hierarchies and see value in them. Folks should earn based on merit and their individual ability, a pecking order is necessary, and it is important that everyone have a purpose in society. This is a perfectly fair position and most people would agree with this. The downside is if a nation becomes too conservative, the individuals at the bottom of the hierarchy fall out of society entirely. Totalitarians send to flourish more in well structured, organized governments that emphasize personal merit and nationalism.

On the other side of the coin, liberals are more attracted to ideals. They seek to ensure that all members of society are able to participate and seek to speak for those who otherwise might not be able to speak for themselves. They strive for a sense of equality and sense of a fair shake at things. Liberals are important because they are able to associate value to individuals and groups who fall to the margins, sometimes through no fault of their own. Unfortunately for the liberals, too much of this becomes a problem, too. The slippery slope does become a real problem and if the populace swings too far to the left they see any sort of organization or hierarchy as oppression. What might tend to happen is that the structure of a society becomes so fluid and abstract that eventually someone has to blow the whistle to call a timeout. Another potential problem is that equality becomes something that has to be enforced. This is what we saw in the traditional communist states of North Korea and the U.S.S.R., right? Sure, everyone was/is equal... equally miserable and oppressed.

The US is actually in a real unique position in that these two ideas seem to balance each other out. Obama's mandate was a problem because one could argue it was a forced measure, even if the intent was a good one. It could be seen as a sign of oppression. When Trump took his turn, he sought to correct that. I am certain that when a Democrat gets elected again, we will see more liberal legislation.

And so it goes.

David T

Premium Member
The thing about liberals is that they are way too liberal and progressive and kind and tolerant as if being liberal, progressive, kind, loving, tolerant and whatever are always virtue written in stone. Something that always has to be promoted or you might lose your liberal or progressive credentials and no one let you back into the party and give you coke anymore. Nice doesn't win wars. Sorry if this hurts your liberal snowflake feelings but it doesn't.

Liberals never learn what history teaches everyone. They want to pretend that good thoughts and happy feelings will cure everything and if we just reach out with love that somehow all those people who hate will somehow magically change if only they realize that we have their best interest in mind.

Sadly, it just doesn't work that way in real life. Idealism is ultimately fantasy. Sometimes nice doesn't work, sometimes nice doesn't work, sometimes love doesn't mean a thing. Sometimes you need to punch a Nazi in the face and you need to punch them hard.

You want to appeal to people's better angels? Guess what? Sometimes people don't have better angels. You want to appeal to reason? Guess what? Some people are unreasonable. Don't believe let us look at what one super-liberal once said about Jews fighting back against Hitler. (I am in no way comparing that idiot buffoon Trump to Hitler, Trump doesn't even compare a **** cell on Hitler's brain damaged butthole). Here are some excerpts given by Quaker Theologian Henry Cadbury during 1934:

Oppression of Jews in German by Hitler and his Nazi forces can be ended not by hate that their victims may display, or by attempts to fight back, but by efforts to cultivate good will.

From what I see many liberal still believe this, that goodwill will win the day.

You can prove to your oppressors that their objectives and methods are not only wrong, but unavailing in the face of the world’s protests and universal disapproval of the injustices the Hitler program entails.

By hating Hitler and trying to fight back, Jews are only increasing the severity of his policies against them.

I
f Jews throughout the world try to instill into the minds of Hitler and his supporters recognition of the ideals for which the race stands, and if Jews appeal to the German sense of Justice and German national conscience, I am sure the problem will be solved more effectively and earlier than otherwise.

Because you can always appeal to the sense of justice and conscience of an obvious psychopath.

Boycotts are simply war without bloodshed, and war in any form is not they way to right the wrongs being inflicted on the Jewish people

There is a lot more to this speech and it does get more ridiculous. I just find it sad that people who say they side justice can't find the cojones to fight for justice as if fighting itself is a bad thing.

Full Text of 1934 Times Summary of Speech Urging Jews to be Civil in Opposition to Hitler

"Sometimes you need to punch a Nazi"

Cant disagree at all. Breathe relax and pow!!!! Breathe relax knowing that was correct answer.

Boy you hit a tender spot for me on this one about Ditriech bonhoeffer. Now THAT is real theology in action. Nooooo cut and paste bend bible on internet to flexilogic to my personal opinion so i can say my opinion is godly. Arrogance. Grrrrrrrr

Btw interestingly our religous fanactic science cult group here were struggling with the section of Darwins views on "defective" "defects" "retards" "idiots" and his theories on that.
They have never actually read decent of man, have merely parroted what they heard never thought about and have zero clue.I picked that with intent since it was fundemental to nazi german idiology. ZERO AWARENESS.
THANK YOU BOB!!!! THIS IS WHY I POSTED IT! To get to this. They were too lame to walk this far.

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The stupid fool. How was that supposed to help or mean anything?

Dunno, but the violence has been escalating and"the squad" refuses to disavow antifa violence.

So its certainly appearing that the left supports this violence.

The Reverend Bob

Dunno, but the violence has been escalating and"the squad" refuses to disavow antifa violence.

So its certainly appearing that the left supports this violence.
I don't support terrorism but I do support the 3rd Way between violence and non-violent resistance. I think the left is too dumb and complacent to understand that there are other means

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I

This description seems like as much of a caricature of a typical person on the left as the Right's constant insistence that we would use violence to harm anyone who dares say anything we disagree with. Both are silly and dont represent the Left writ large at all.

The thing is, we dont need to convince neo-fascists that their ideology is wrong-headed or drown them in kindness. We need to convince a fairly small sliver of the population in a handful of states who voted for Obama in 2008/12 and Trump in 2016 that they should fire the guy they hired a few years ago. Which requires us to understand why they changed teams, and what would convince them to change back. Demonizing them as universally fascist won't do the job.