• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 108(th) craving-verbalization

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
What might one crave and grasphold for?

- Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammā-sambuddhassa -

"...I will teach you craving: the ensnarer that has flowed along, spread out, and caught hold, with which this world is smothered & enveloped like a tangled skein, a knotted ball of string, like matted rushes and reeds, and does not go beyond transmigration, beyond the planes of deprivation, woe, & bad destinations. Listen well, and I will speak. ... Tanha Sutta: Craving

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hello Samana Johann

Human beings tend to crave to most things that give pleasure as i am sure you know :) But when one step in to a path of cultivation or a deeper wisdom of religions one start to see that craving only can lead to suffering, either right now or futher down the line. So i would say when we can put away all craving, and only exist in this moment of present time, then we will see what we did to our self when we still had craving :)
So if one can, let go of all craving, even the wish for enlightenment must be let go of before we see the truth :)