• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That's Handy, Cell phones get everywhere

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This painting, "The Expected One" by Ferdinand George Waldmüller created in the 1860s appears to show a girl walking while texting on a cell phone (or would that be a 'handy'). What do you think?

AATM8n4.jpeg

And a close up, sorry for the loss of quality

AATM8n4-1.jpg

More details here
150 year old painting appears to show a woman using an iPhone

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm sure the more mundane answer is some sort of card or letter. As it looks like she is walking towards a potential suitor.

People didn't read and walk in olden times?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This painting, "The Expected One" by Ferdinand George Waldmüller created in the 1860s appears to show a girl walking while texting on a cell phone (or would that be a 'handy'). What do you think?

View attachment 59962

And a close up, sorry for the loss of quality

View attachment 59964

More details here
150 year old painting appears to show a woman using an iPhone
That proves it. Time travelers are among us.

Anyways what model and carrier is it? The connection must be awesome!!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Clearly the painter was from the future. They can be no other rational explanation for what she is holding in her hand. "Theories" that it's a prayer book and the light is catching the edge of the book, is clearly just that a "theory", an "opinion" and nothing more. All this stuff about pattern recognition is just so much intellectual woo woo. I'll stick with a time traveler. My eyes cannot be mistaken. It's clearly an iphone.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Obviously prophetic, time a Ferdinand George Waldmüller cult was formed. Maybe we should start a go fund me page.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member