• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thar he blows! A beached whale on closed Jersey beach

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Governor Christie closes all the parks and public beaches, and then occupies the closed beach with a few select friends.

Source: Chris Christie's sunbathing pics clinch it: He's stopped caring - CNNPolitics.com

Chris Christie's sunbathing pics clinch it: He's stopped caring

(CNN)On Friday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ordered beaches across the Garden State closed -- a reaction to the ongoing budget impasse in the state's legislature.

Less than 48 hours later, photos from NJ Advance Media showed Christie sunning himself with his family on Island Beach State Park -- the only people on the beach because, well, the governor had closed it. This photo really sums it up.

But, wait! It gets worse! Way worse!
Turns out that after those photos were taken on Sunday, Christie took the state helicopter to Trenton for a press conference. At it, he was asked about staying at the beach while the beaches were shut down. "I didn't get any sun today," Christie responded.

© Copyright Original Source

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
As our corrupt little blue state's chief executive he's inept, a disgrace and an embarrassment. However, I don't approve of the fat-shaming or any shaming of a person's appearance. Except Walmart. Walmart is fair game.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
As our corrupt little blue state's chief executive he's inept, a disgrace and an embarrassment. However, I don't approve of the fat-shaming or any shaming of a person's appearance. Except Walmart. Walmart is fair game.

I see you tend to be selective about your approval of a sense of humor.

I consider it very appropriate considering the circumstances in this case.

Governor Christie set himself up in this case.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was reading that he was staying at the governor's summer house, which is supposedly separate from the state park.

Why N.J.'s state beaches are closed to everyone -- except Christie's family

The beach house is one of the perks of being the state's chief executive. While he doesn't live there, Christie also has use of Drumthwacket, the official gubernatorial mansion in Princeton.

When a reporter asked Saturday if he thought it fair that his family would be free to enjoy a state park that would be closed to the public as a result of the shutdown, Christie stressed that the beach house is separate from the park and that his family does not ask for any state services.

When asked about it again on Saturday, Christie said: "Run for governor, and you can have a residence there."

David1967

Premium Member

Governor Christie closes all the parks and public beaches, and then occupies the closed beach with a few select friends.

Source: Chris Christie's sunbathing pics clinch it: He's stopped caring - CNNPolitics.com

Chris Christie's sunbathing pics clinch it: He's stopped caring

(CNN)On Friday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ordered beaches across the Garden State closed -- a reaction to the ongoing budget impasse in the state's legislature.

Less than 48 hours later, photos from NJ Advance Media showed Christie sunning himself with his family on Island Beach State Park -- the only people on the beach because, well, the governor had closed it. This photo really sums it up.

But, wait! It gets worse! Way worse!
Turns out that after those photos were taken on Sunday, Christie took the state helicopter to Trenton for a press conference. At it, he was asked about staying at the beach while the beaches were shut down. "I didn't get any sun today," Christie responded.

© Copyright Original Source

Nothing like suffering with your constituents, right?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
By mid-June, a Quinnipiac University poll put Christie's approval rating at just 15%, the worst approval rating for any governor in any state poll ever conducted by Quinnipiac. Eighty-one percent of New Jersey voters disapproved of the job Christie was doing.

Most folks seem to recognize that he belongs behind bars, and I don't mean a sand bar.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Only if the spandex were 3 sizes to small.

:eek: Now I have live with that image. I don't sleep as it is. My only option is to pry my skull open with a screwdriver and scrub my visual cortex with a Brillo Pad to try to remove the image.

David1967

Premium Member
:eek: Now I have live with that image. I don't sleep as it is. My only option is to pry my skull open with a screwdriver and scrub my visual cortex with a Brillo Pad to try to remove the image.

Happy to be of service! At least I didn't provide a picture.:D