• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to Democrats, American pride plumbs historic low ahead of the July 4 holiday, new poll finds

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
You know, all of this finger pointing and casting blame reminds me of what happened in the Garden of Eden. {Just sayin' ;) }

Shad

Veteran Member
No, i was right.

Nope. The dignity of the office is separate from the person.

Who is elected matters. How they act matters. Their history, their choices all of that matter.

Acting rough or polite is not a requirement for office.

You may have this jaded view where all people lack class, dignity, and integrity, so the only possible choice is between a liar who hides their lies well and a liar who is brash and disrespectful. I disagree. I think we should have high expectations for those whom we give authority.

I see smooth talkers lying to people to fool them. So you can enjoy having smoke blown up your *** if you want.

Those who are given authority should face scrutiny.

Your standard is your standard. It isn't US law.

Throwing hands up and saying "well it doesn't matter anyway" is a cop-out.

No. I said your points do not matter as your standard is your standard. I do not prioritize manners like you do.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Nope. The dignity of the office is separate from the person.
That doesn't matter as the president himself is a symbol of America not just the office.

Acting rough or polite is not a requirement for office.
Never said it was

I see smooth talkers lying to people to fool them. So you can enjoy having smoke blown up your *** if you want.
Strange but beside the point.

Your standard is your standard. It isn't US law.
Yeah-- i said what we ought to do. But you are correct a person lacking integrity class and dignity is not against the law. If that is your standard then no wonder we disagree.

Let me restate my point. When the president lacks class, dignity, and integrity it is not surprising that public opinion of America declines.

No. I said your points do not matter as your standard is your standard. I do not prioritize manners like you do.
Except obviously they do matter, hence the decline in public (international and domestic) opinion. So, you are wrong.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
No--- it is an extremely accurate description of the beast that is commonly known as "trump". It shows his character perfectly. It shows his self-importance very, very well.

It shows how little tЯump cares for Brown People-- he literally hates them. He has said, in speeches, that he thinks all Brown People are rapists, murderers and worse. This isn't secret-- he said words to that effect.

Do you think it is okay to put children in cages?

The evil that is tЯump's POLICIES DID-- Do you think it is okay to put children in cages?

So you ARE okay with putting children in cages like dogs?

Ocasio-Cortez defiant in face of criticism for opposing border $$ bill while decrying conditions

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
According to several of Trump's Christian RF supporters, and around the USA, Trump is a Christian.
You don't seem like a good resource for deciding who is and who is not a Christian.
I am sure that @BilliardsBall is better.
Tom
I think we can let it slide with Trump given his not praying, believing he's done nothing that needs forgiven (pretty much the antithesis of Christianity), and his "two Corinthians."

crossfire

Premium Member
o_OYou should actually read Genesis.
I've read it probably 30 times or more.
In order to know evil (knowledge of good and evil) you have to let evil in. What was the first thing Adam and Eve did?
Adam blamed Eve and god for bringing Eve to him, and Eve blamed the serpent.
Were Abel's blood sacrifices righteous? Look at Ecclesiastes 5:1
5 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.​

Last edited:

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
In order to know evil (knowledge of good and evil) you have to let evil in. What was the first thing Adam and Eve did?
Adam blamed Eve and god for bringing Eve to him, and Eve blamed the serpent.
Were Abel's blood sacrifices righteous? Look at Ecclesiastes 5:1
5 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.​
If that's what made you an atheist, that kind of thinking, firstly, the one that claimed most atheists know more about the bible than Christians, besides being false , is decidedly false by example in your interpretation of Genesis and the first family of humanity.

Secondly, good luck with that.

crossfire

Premium Member
If that's what made you an atheist, that kind of thinking, firstly, the one that claimed most atheists know more about the bible than Christians, besides being false , is decidedly false by example in your interpretation of Genesis and the first family of humanity.

Secondly, good luck with that.
I'm not an atheist.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Market Watch Article
MW-HM685_proud_20190703102708_ZH.jpg

Evil takes a toll. Come 2020 it will only get worse when Trump is re-elected.
That is barring the most psychotic of one suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) going to the extreme to end his term early.
God protect our President.​

Are you trying to be sarcastic? Or are you by some unhealthy circunstance meaning what you say here in the OP?