• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to Democrats, American pride plumbs historic low ahead of the July 4 holiday, new poll finds

siti

"Straw man fallacy"?
The poster asked a question.
I answered with why I didn't know.
Clearly, you're being racist and misogynist towards me.
(It's the only possible explanation.)
Not at all - it was just my entry in the "make a post for Trump to be as dumb as" competition.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
He & I don't converse, so I've no idea what imperfections
he admits to in moments of honest candor. What has he
told you personally?
Because of course you extend such "well maybe they said something in private that we don't know about that totally absolves them of their public disgraces" apologetics to politicians not on your "side". :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because of course you extend such "well maybe they said something in private that we don't know about that totally absolves them of their public disgraces" apologetics to politicians not on your "side". :rolleyes:
I accepted that Obama is a Christian (despite his having referried to his "Muslim
faith", & then correcting it) because he said so. And I extend the same benefit
of acknowledgment to Trump. They both say they're Christian, & I accept that.

Why do you want Trump to not be a Christian?
Is that because you're one, & you're embarrassed that he's one of you?

siti

Do not take the wind from the sails of my triggered over-reaction!
Heaven forbid! Do please react as windily as you please - I was just attempting to resuscitate a dumb as a post dumb as a post joke that I dumbly posted earlier.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
According to several of Trump's Christian RF supporters, and around the USA, Trump is a Christian.
You don't seem like a good resource for deciding who is and who is not a Christian.
I am sure that @BilliardsBall is better.
Tom

Rumor mill says Christians in the inner circle think Trump is a fairly new, baby Christian, regardless, besides winning in a landslide in '20 (loves Israel, grows the economy, secures safety) this administration suits me just fine (end abortion, lower taxes, trim the Fed).

ecco

Veteran Member
OMG!
Stop the presses!

Trump the Christian lied and got 80+% of the conservative Christian vote.
Well, who'd a thunk?
Tom

Is that really so hard to understand?

He selected born again fundamentalist Mike Pence to be his running mate.

He promised conservative Supreme Court Judges who would overturn Roe v Wade

He took simplistic steps and made simplistic promises to people who are born and raised on simpliticism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. Usually from early on.
So if someone claims to be a Christian solely because they've
accepted Jesus Christ as their lord & savior, but they haven't
been properly trained....they're not Christian, eh.
How does this training go....Sunday school, university,
or just attending church?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Far too many people have to link their patriotism directly to the person in office. Happened with Obama. It is happening with Trump. Lukewarm patriotism, nothing more. If the next POTUS is someone they like/dislike they will flip/flop again

Every American knows the President is not America. Only the worst goading troll would try to attack American's with such garbage

Yet everyone also knows the president is a simple of America. When one of your symbols lacks class, dignity and integrity you can expect a decline in morale and opinion. Not saying it is right or wrong just that it is a natural consequence of having elected who we did.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Rumor mill says Christians in the inner circle think Trump is a fairly new, baby Christian,
I didn't use to think he was a Christian. But you explained that a lying, predatory, sleaze bag can be a Christian. As long as they promise to make the rich richer, Wall out the poor, and start conflicts around the globe.

Trump and his supporters have taught me a great deal about True Christianity.
Tom

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Yet everyone also knows the president is a simple of America. When one of your symbols lacks class, dignity and integrity you can expect a decline in morale and opinion. Not saying it is right or wrong just that it is a natural consequence of having elected who we did.

He doesn't lack class,dignity, nor integrity.
Those who lie about him do. The witch hunt in Congress. The Anti-Trumper TDS sufferers both on The Hill and in the public arena and on community forums.
They hate Trump becasue he loves America and is bringing us back from the brink of distruction Muslim traitor Obama pushed us to. Oh, but the excuse is, Obama's not in office now. Which is a lame excuse to ignore what Obama did to the country for eight years.
He gave IRAN the capacity to make nukes!
Hey, guess what? That is treason! He should have been arrested.
And Russia conspiracy? No such thing with Trump. Not one iota of evidence. And prior to all the department investigations that preceeded bought and paid for Mueller, who had his own axe to grind against Trump prior to taking the special council seat, Trump , as with any candidate for highest office, underwent an extensive background check.
Had there been any dirty tricks there, even during his campaign, he'd have never gotten past the primary. That's a fact!

While if we want to tak Russia collusion with evidence, well, we all know about Hillary's monies from Uranium One. Paper trails are always a bad way to do dirty business.
And we have this in his own words from her boss. (Who do you think told Hillary to install that illegal server into her basement? Obama!)

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member
He doesn't lack class,dignity, nor integrity.
Those who lie about him do. The witch hunt in Congress. The Anti-Trumper TDS sufferers both on The Hill and in the public arena and on community forums.
They hate Trump becasue he loves America and is bringing us back from the brink of distruction Muslim traitor Obama pushed us to. Oh, but the excuse is, Obama's not in office now. Which is a lame excuse to ignore what Obama did to the country for eight years.
He gave IRAN the capacity to make nukes!
Hey, guess what? That is treason! He should have been arrested.
And Russia conspiracy? No such thing with Trump. Not one iota of evidence. And prior to all the department investigations that preceeded bought and paid for Mueller, who had his own axe to grind against Trump prior to taking the special council seat, Trump , as with any candidate for highest office, underwent an extensive background check.
Had there been any dirty tricks there, even during his campaign, he'd have never gotten past the primary. That's a fact!

While if we want to tak Russia collusion with evidence, well, we all know about Hillary's monies from Uranium One. Paper trails are always a bad way to do dirty business.
And we have this in his own words from her boss. (Who do you think told Hillary to install that illegal server into her basement? Obama!)
You have:
Missed the point; ignored the facts; and brought up crazy propaganda. I am not sure you are willing to look at this in a non biased manner.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yet everyone also knows the president is a simple of America.

Sample you mean?

When one of your symbols lacks class, dignity and integrity you can expect a decline in morale and opinion. Not saying it is right or wrong just that it is a natural consequence of having elected who we did.

I disagree with this notion via elections alone. The majority of the US didn't vote. You are confusing charisma and smooth talking with being representative of the nation. Obama sold a lot of BS to people with his smooth talking yet many of those same people are flipping out over Trump as Trump isn't blowing smoke. See; Libya.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Sample you mean?
Symbol i meant.

I disagree with this notion via elections alone. The majority of the US didn't vote. You are confusing charisma and smooth talking with being representative of the nation. Obama sold a lot of BS to people with his smooth talking yet many of those same people are flipping out over Trump as Trump isn't blowing smoke. See; Libya.
Not sure how that is a basis for disagreement. We did elect trump. Trump does lack class, dignity, and integrity. It is not surprising that morale and opinion of America dwindles when such is the case. Perhaps you can explain what your disagreement is.

Shad

Veteran Member
Not sure how that is a basis for disagreement. We did elect trump. Trump does lack class, dignity, and integrity. It is not surprising that morale and opinion of America dwindles when such is the case. Perhaps you can explain what your disagreement is.

Your point fails when you look at voting records. Representing the state is not the same as representing the public regardless of the rhetoric in US politics.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Your point fails when you look at voting records. Representing the state is not the same as representing the public regardless of the rhetoric in US politics.
I'm not sure we are talking about the same point. What exactly do you think my point is?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I didn't use to think he was a Christian. But you explained that a lying, predatory, sleaze bag can be a Christian. As long as they promise to make the rich richer, Wall out the poor, and start conflicts around the globe.

Trump and his supporters have taught me a great deal about True Christianity.
Tom

You don't understand what a baby Christian is? You don't understand that a merciful God might allow a bad person into Heaven, you know, like St. Paul?

God can only save good people? You don't see any changes in Trump or recognize that most of the allegations about his character are over a decade removed from the present?

You only like REALLY religious people, we saved sinners aren't your cup of tea, is that it?