• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thankfulness

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Thanksgiving is this month. I'd like to list some of the members I'm thankful for:

Revoltingest - Granted I do make jokes about him probably too much, but other than that, he's a funny guy. He has funny one-liners

Sun rise - I find his posts inspiring

Thief - I like his candidness

Wu Wei - forum wouldn't be the same without him giving us a healthy knowledge of bears

Rival - She puts up with my "Rival's rivalry rivals..." jokes

Obsydian - A guy who sticks with me

Estro Felino - Very funny person in the Meaningless Announcements thread at times.

Shadow Wolf - She's very entertaining, never know whether the next post will be something that looks like it was pulled straight out of YA horror fiction

PopeADope - he taught me more about Fascism and spiders than I ever wanted to know. Thanks

Jim - me and him have had some interesting conversations, and he seems to be growing in his positivity and outlook in life

Other honorable mentions:

Sunstone
Adrian
Lewisnotmiller
Brickjectivity
savagewind

Everyone else for the interesting posts, and including the ones from ChristineM, colombus, SaintFrankenstein, beenherebeforeagain, Williamena, etc

Just thought I would spread some positivity since these forums can get a little gloomy sometimes, lol. :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Saint Frankenstein has always been there. We have a similar past and we have gone through similar trials. There's not much I won't share with Frank (hey we all have secrets) and not much he doesn't share back. Frank and I have a good laugh and can take the mickey out of each other, as well as diving into more serious conversations about religion and relationships and pain. I've sent him gifts in the mail. We come to each other when we are upset and even though we only know each other online I think we are best friends in a way. I hope we can remain so and not lose contact with each other.

@Quagmire has always been there for me and we have a really good laugh. We seem to share a lot of personality traits and sense of humour. I'm glad he's an admin, I couldn't think of a better user to be my virtual boss. I think he's witty and does a good job holding the forum to the standard we expect. Props to him for sticking around so long and being there for me when I was unsure about something staff related. I like his no-nonsense attitude and cut to the chase.

@AT-AT has always been level headed and honest with me. He's not too rash or irascible. He can see things from others' points of view and I appreciate that. He's not been here very long but has already settled in well and we are friendly with each other. He makes good jokes and seems good-natured as a whole. He's personable to most people and even if he's having troubles in real life he seems to remain collected here.

@Tumah is fun and I love it when he is in that playful mood. He makes good jokes and can back-and-forth very well. He's someone I appreciate for being gentle when the need calls for it, and harsh when he needs to be. I like the effort he goes to writing longwinded posts and responds to people in good faith. I've never felt afraid of being scolded by him for saying something wrong about Judaism and if I do he doesn't call me out on it, but just writes a better post in which I can, metaphorically as he would never literally do this, feel a gentle hand on my shoulder and hear a calm voice saying, No, this is how it's done. No worries.

@Shadow Wolf is fun to be around and honest, well meaning and good hearted. She's never been argumentative with me, even though we are at opposite ends of the religion spectrum. I care a lot for her and she's been through a lot of trials, but has come out optimistic and I love this optimism. She is funny and I enjoy talking about Doctor Who with her and our Cybermen and Dalek jokes never seem to grow old.

@Terry Sampson is easy to get along with and seems to have a genuine interest in other religions. He and I have been talking since he joined and have had good discussions. We agree on many things, and where we disagree we can do so civilly. He's recovering from pain and I hope he can continue to recover.

@Father Heathen shares a lot with me and we trust each other. We enjoy sharting writing, telling each other stories and such. He's a good person to be around and has an open mind, easy to discuss things with be it religion, politics and whatever else it is people are told not to discuss at dinner.

@Brickjectivity is quite honestly hilarious. I love his comments. He makes me smile. He can be very sardonic and cracks jokes like a Brit. He and I get along very well and I love chatting with him on Discord. He's always been friendly with me and works diligently as a mod, as well as writing long posts to threads many people can't seem to be bothered with. He is open to new ideas and comes up with a lot of fresh takes on things, which I enjoy reading.

@RabbiO is tactful and yet lovably brazen. He says what he thinks and I appreciate that. He's always been good to me and makes me laugh. I love his one-liners and deadpan. He seems to have a good eye for judging character. He's fairminded and deals with people honestly.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let me add my voice:

@Wu Wei for reminding me repeatedly how grateful I am to be retired even though I voluntarily do IT tasks today. It's different now.

@Revoltingest for not living up to his handle in spite of playing close to the edge more times than I can count.

@Shadow Wolf who reminds me every day how lucky I am in so many ways.

@Sunstone comes up with challenging ideas that often cause me to actually think, strange as that might seem.

@savagewind for spicing up threads with condiments from her commodious spice cabinet.

@Geoff-Allen whose posts have for a long time brought me back to underline positive values, especially kindness.

@Windwalker and others who I would call "spiritual fellow travelers"

@AT-AT for being an interesting newcomer and for starting this thread.

Finally all those in the "last post is the winner" thread for challenging my creativity to come up with yet another winning post.

And of course, I know I've forgotten people who I should have included.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Let me add my voice:

@Wu Wei for reminding me repeatedly how grateful I am to be retired even though I voluntarily do IT tasks today. It's different now.

@Revoltingest for not living up to his handle in spite of playing close to the edge more times than I can count.

@Shadow Wolf who reminds me every day how lucky I am in so many ways.

@Sunstone comes up with challenging ideas that often cause me to actually think, strange as that might seem.

@savagewind for spicing up threads with condiments from her commodious spice cabinet.

@Geoff-Allen whose posts have for a long time brought me back to underline positive values, especially kindness.

@Windwalker and others who I would call "spiritual fellow travelers"

@AT-AT for being an interesting newcomer and for starting this thread.

Finally all those in the "last post is the winner" thread for challenging my creativity to come up with yet another winning post.

And of course, I know I've forgotten people who I should have included.

Thanks for the mention!

I appreciate your posts as well as many others - too many to remember or am I just lazy? :)

It takes all kinds to make a world or a forum so I try to learn from everyone - especially the obnoxious ones - no names ...

Ciao!

:)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Funny you should say that, because I greatly appreciate the encouragement you have given me. I now and then think of you when I'm cooking up an idea for a thread -- I catch myself wondering if the idea will interest you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm thankful that I never got around kill'n
the lot of ya, & burn'n yer forum to cinders.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm Thankful for all the Pick-A-Nick baskets which keep me from going on a rampage of mauling in the hallowed halls of RF. But I am mostly thankful that I live down wind from @Revoltingest. and @Thief.....mostly Thief

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm Thankful for all the Pick-A-Nick baskets which keep me from going on a rampage of mauling in the hallowed halls of RF. But I am mostly thankful that I live down up wind from @Revoltingest. and @Thief.....mostly Thief
Fixed to mean what you really wanted to mean.
Hey, look at me....I'm insulting meself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we should move this thread to the joke section

so I can show you people how REALLY thankful I am

without getting myself wrote up...….again

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Funny you should say that, because I greatly appreciate the encouragement you have given me. I now and then think of you when I'm cooking up an idea for a thread -- I catch myself wondering if the idea will interest you.
Since I'm in California, I know that some of your threads disappear from the 'new' list by the time I login. So failure to respond does not necessarily mean that I would have found it interesting had I seen it.