• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you Tulsi

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Thank you Tulsi Gabbard for saying out loud what Hillary Clinton really is.

20191024_085447.jpg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
“Tulsi” means basil in my dialect. So I expected an entirely different type of thread.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah, she is young and many more years to go for her. Wish her the best. Though her popularity is not yet in double figures.
How about Jagmeet Singh in your place? I hope he does not side with Khalistanis.

Jagmeet performed well, and his popularity rose during the election. But as often happens in Canadian politics, his numbers were likely hurt by strategic voting. Our politics has become less predictable in recent years. All parties do have ethnic candidates, and the Indian immigrant community is well represented.

averageJOE

zombie
Tulsi has gone off the rails. Lost my support.
Tulsi is fighting against a corrupt political system. To her, and me, and millions of Americans, having an "R" or "D" in front of a name means nothing. The reason Trump won his party is because he ran against his party. The reason why Bernie nearly won and forced the DNC to cheat is because he ran against the DNC. People are sick and tired of corrupt politicians who only want to mantian the status quo. Hillary is a corrupt, vile sack of worm meat that represents everything wrong not only with the Democrats but our political system itself. And Tulsi is the only one with the courage to call it out.

Shad

Veteran Member
How about Jagmeet Singh in your place? I hope he does not side with Khalistanis.

He got my vote.

His party is in an odd position in that it is the obvious party for the Liberials to work with but some of the Liberial policies are toxic to NDP members. Pipeline for example.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nothing against him, but Khalistan harms India and the Sikhs. That is what happened last time. That is what is happening in Kashmir today. The terrorists are burning schools, not allowing apple-growers to send out their produce, not allowing shops to open. But in the end we win. 'Azadi' is not possible, and look at what Pakistan is doing, has been doing, in its portion.

Pakistan: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1442&bih=720&tbs=qdr:w&tbm=vid&ei=iVmyXYrQOqzbz7sPvPuwqAU&q=Protests+in+POK&oq=Protests+in+POK&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0l2j0i5i30k1l2.38684.49450.0.51777.25.25.0.0.0.0.188.3761.0j25.25.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.3.451...0i13k1j0i13i5i30k1.0.TFKSXrdXsIg (last 7 days)
India: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kas...AhVX7HMBHRasAMUQpwUIIA&biw=1442&bih=720&dpr=1 (last 7 days)
(or choose from Google)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. and look at what Pakistan is doing, has been doing, in its portion.
(or look in Google)
Pakistan occupied Kashmir is under emergency. 5 politcal parties have been suspended. Opposition leaders have been jailed, and two people have died in police firing during demonstrations.
Only the terrorists have been killed in Indian portion of Kashmir or civilians who have been killed by terrorists. There has been no case when Indian Security forces have fired on civilians or protesters after the removal of Article 370 which merges Kashmir into India.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
He got my vote.

His party is in an odd position in that it is the obvious party for the Liberials to work with but some of the Liberial policies are toxic to NDP members. Pipeline for example.
Both parties (NDP and Bloc) have made it fairly clear they'll vote on an issue buy issue basis. In the pipeline case, the Cons will support it. He would have gotten my vote as well, except my riding was a strategic one.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
More on Kashmir:
"Addressing a press conference on Thursday evening in Srinagar, Shailendra Kumar, Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir said that the state witnessed 98.3 percent polling in its first-ever BDC election. But the results were not what the BJP would have hoped.

“Out of total 307 blocks, independents won 217 blocks, whereas BJP got 81 blocks. One block was won by Congress and eight blocks went to Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party,” said Kumar.

In the indirect election, which is conducted through voting by an electoral college comprising panchs and sarpanchs, Srinagar district witnessed highest polling with 100 percent turnout. The lowest polling was registered in south Kashmir’s Shopian district with 85.3 percent panchs and sarpanchs turning up for voting.

The conduct of Block Development Council elections will pave way for the establishment of the second-tier of the three-tier Panchayati Raj system in Jammu and Kashmir.

For the BJP, the results signalled that the party’s high-pitched battle cry over Article 370 abrogation didn’t translate into support at the block level. Out of the total 218 candidates fielded by the saffron party in Jammu and Kashmir, only 81 managed to win. The loss for the saffron party is significant in the state’s Hindu majority Jammu region.

According to the election results, the BJP had fielded 135 candidates in Jammu region. However, only 52 candidates managed to win. In the 2014 Assembly elections, BJP had emerged as the single largest party from the state’s Jammu region with 25 seats."
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjUi6Wat7flAhVHuY8KHVbKAHAQFjADegQIBBAB&url=https://www.firstpost.com/politics/jammu-and-kashmir-bdc-election-results-independents-win-big-as-bjps-battle-cry-on-article-370-fails-to-resonate-with-voters-7551671.html&usg=AOvVaw3euvoTXDQCYiZ-66r7qG2M

Pancha: Five leaders of the Village, Sarpanch: Leader from Panchas selected for a few villages.
Well, enough of Kashmir at the moment.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Tulsi is fighting against a corrupt political system. To her, and me, and millions of Americans, having an "R" or "D" in front of a name means nothing. The reason Trump won his party is because he ran against his party. The reason why Bernie nearly won and forced the DNC to cheat is because he ran against the DNC. People are sick and tired of corrupt politicians who only want to mantian the status quo. Hillary is a corrupt, vile sack of worm meat that represents everything wrong not only with the Democrats but our political system itself. And Tulsi is the only one with the courage to call it out.
Sorry, not buying it.

Shad

Veteran Member
Both parties (NDP and Bloc) have made it fairly clear they'll vote on an issue buy issue basis. In the pipeline case, the Cons will support it. He would have gotten my vote as well, except my riding was a strategic one.

Yah I know. Like I said there are liberal polices that are toxic to the NDP base. The Bloc is toxic to anyone not a member. Cons have an issue in that they want the pipeline while also trying to oppose the Liberals. Get the popcorn because the next 4 years will be interesting.

My vote was a throw away. It had no impact in my area as it is a bastion of the Cons federally. Cons just didn't win my support so I looked for the next best in my view.