• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you azazel for all the knowledge

I’m wondering if I’m interpreting it wrong but god seems like the all mighty dictator. Now I haven’t read the Bible from front to back or all the stories on the side but in all I have read it seems as if god wanted us to do three things on this planet eat, defecate, and fornicate. It seems to me from what I’ve gleamed from the religious texts I have read is that Azazel and his watchers are the ones who gave us knowledge. To bring an example in the garden of eden when eve was “tempted” by the apple of knowledge, what was the other choice the apple of life so we were suppose to be uninformed immortal beings just wandering around in some garden not even knowing that the thing we walked upon was called dirt, not knowing the meaning of even a stick and stone. That sounds like a dictator telling us what knowledge we’re allowed the knowledge of the “heavens” if you want to say. I don’t want to go to political but it’s like when conservatives have such logical ideas then praise god for that knowledge, if it we’re up to god we would not have any knowledge. This is why I thank Azazel and the watchers for this free thought that I have today, to mold the world around me through art and innovation.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I’m wondering if I’m interpreting it wrong but god seems like the all mighty dictator. Now I haven’t read the Bible from front to back or all the stories on the side but in all I have read it seems as if god wanted us to do three things on this planet eat, defecate, and fornicate. It seems to me from what I’ve gleamed from the religious texts I have read is that Azazel and his watchers are the ones who gave us knowledge. To bring an example in the garden of eden when eve was “tempted” by the apple of knowledge, what was the other choice the apple of life so we were suppose to be uninformed immortal beings just wandering around in some garden not even knowing that the thing we walked upon was called dirt, not knowing the meaning of even a stick and stone. That sounds like a dictator telling us what knowledge we’re allowed the knowledge of the “heavens” if you want to say. I don’t want to go to political but it’s like when conservatives have such logical ideas then praise god for that knowledge, if it we’re up to god we would not have any knowledge. This is why I thank Azazel and the watchers for this free thought that I have today, to mold the world around me through art and innovation.
Welcome to RF :)
According to the scriptures written by ancient men God can seem dictatorial, however I believe God is better than what the ancients attributed to God

sooda

Veteran Member

1. Azazel was imprisoned? forever?Canaanite god 'Asiz?God or ...
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...
    The name 'Azazel' may be derived from 'azaz' and 'el' meaning 'strong one of God.' It is thought that Azazel may have been derived from the Canaanite god, 'Asiz, who caused the sun to burn strongly. It has also been theorized that he has been influenced by the Egyptian god, Seth.

2. Azazel - Demons
    www.deliriumsrealm.com/azazel
    Azazel is the chief of the Se’irim, or goat-demons, who haunted the desert and to whom most primitive Semitic (most likely non-Hebrew) tribes offered sacrifices. The Old Testament states that Jeroboam appointed priests for the Se’irim.

calm

Azazal is not Satan but one of the angels who mingled with the human women and thus begat giants. (Genesis 6:1-4) Today Azazal is locked in hell with the other angels. (2 Peter 2:4)
And we humans have been created to serve God. (1 Peter 2:16)
Every creature has been created to serve God.

sooda

Veteran Member
Azazal is not Satan but one of the angels who mingled with the human women and thus begat giants. (Genesis 6:1-4) Today Azazal is locked in hell with the other angels. (2 Peter 2:4)

Azazel is the "scapegoat".. They put the community's sins on the two goats.. killed one and drove the other into the desert. Its pagan stuff.

sooda

Veteran Member
  1. Azazel and the “Scapegoat” (Leviticus 16) | Zondervan Academic
    zondervanacademic.com/blog/azazel-and-the-scapegoat
    Azazel and the “Scapegoat” (Leviticus 16) Azazel’s nonsacrificial "tote" goat (NIV translates "scapegoat") served as a ritual "garbage truck" to purge the Israelite community of moral faults through a process of transfer and disposal. 11 Other ancient Near Eastern rituals included transfer and disposal.

2. Azazel | Jewish legend | Britannica.com
    www.britannica.com/topic/Azazel
    Azazel, in Jewish legends, a demon or evil spirit to whom, in the ancient rite of Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), a scapegoat was sent bearing the sins of the Jewish people. Two male goats were chosen for the ritual, one designated by lots “for the Lord,” the other “for Azazel” (Leviticus 16:8).

3. Azazel Scapegoat - Image Results

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Welcome to RF.

I think you have made some interesting points, but, it sounds very black and white to me. IMHO, Knowledge isn't always good. Hence the expression: "ignorance is bliss." Perhaps this nuance is represented in your beliefs, but it wasn't included in the brief summary above?

Welcome to RF.

I think you have made some interesting points, but, it sounds very black and white to me. IMHO, Knowledge isn't always good. Hence the expression: "ignorance is bliss." Perhaps this nuance is represented in your beliefs, but it wasn't included in the brief summary above?
I do appreciate the reply thank you. Your the only one not quoting verses and just trying to talk. I do not agree with “ignorance is bliss” because of the fact that those words come from knowledge of language, I just believe that if god had his way we would be immortal mindless zombies running into each other and grunting. I know it may sound black and white but there are only two sides, knowledge or no knowledge it just matters which one you think is black or white and it’s not like we can choose ignorance now. None the less I do very much appreciate the reply and hope to hear more from you in the future

Thank you replying. I believe that giant is an abstract idea it only meant that those who were begat were giants among men not actual giants, they were genetically different because half there dna was from a more advanced people if you want to call them angels or whatever. I do not serve the god that is in those books because he wishes to control what I say and believe that’s called a dictator. This my belief and no one else’s and again I appreciate your reply

sooda

Veteran Member
Thank you replying. I believe that giant is an abstract idea it only meant that those who were begat were giants among men not actual giants, they were genetically different because half there dna was from a more advanced people if you want to call them angels or whatever. I do not serve the god that is in those books because he wishes to control what I say and believe that’s called a dictator. This my belief and no one else’s and again I appreciate your reply

The offspring of the Nephilim were giants known as the "Gibborim", "heroes of old, men of renown", which are mentioned in Genesis 6.

The Gibborim were not as tall and powerful as the Nephilim, but they were nevertheless a dangerous warrior race. What we know about the Rephaim comes from Biblical, Ugaritic, and Phoenician sources.... far older than Genesis.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I'm catching up with all the new posters' threads I missed.
Join us for the free (staff paid for) breakfast....
th