• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas pastor openly calls on 'Christian nationalists' to 'impose their values on society'

We Never Know

No Slack
When push comes to shove....

Texas pastor openly calls on 'Christian nationalists' to 'impose their values on society'

"Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress said over the weekend that Christian nationalists had a right to "impose their values" on everyone else.

During an interview with Real America's Voice host Tim Clinton, Jeffress addressed recent concerns about the rising nationalist movement among Christians.

"We always put our love for God above everything, even allegiance to our country," he explained. "But that's not what they're really talking about. Listen carefully. They say they are opposed to people who say America was founded as a Christian nation, Americans who believe not only in the spiritual heritage of our nation, but believe that we ought to use elections to help return our country to its Christian foundation."

"If that's Christian nationalism, count me in," the pastor laughed. "Because that's what we have to do. And what's so hypocritical about this, Tim, is the left don't mind at all imposing their values on our country through the election process. They don't mind forcing their pro-abortion, pro-transgender, pro-open borders policy upon our nation."

Jeffress added: "But they object when conservative Christians try to impose their values on society at large. It's complete hypocrisy."

The pastor has previously rejected the Christian nationalist label.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Despite our many differences… I have come to appreciate and respect their Christian values.

Just don't expect them to appreciate and respect yours, and I'm sure you'll get along fine.

(To be clear, I'm not talking about Christians, per se, but those who merge nationalism/jingoism with religion and claim moral superiority due to...due to...something. the last bit never made sense to me)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
6gi1x1lzve251.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus appears to be a violent *******.
I see what banks do.
I see what Christians do.
Banks look better in comparison.
I've done productive business with some.
Jesus has never been useful to me.

Well, of course, it's all based on 2000-year-old writings of questionable origin, so who's to say what really happened. Banks have been around longer than Christians.

But Christians have changed their ways from what they used to be. So have banks.

However, I guess there will always be those few who want to go back to the old ways.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, of course, it's all based on 2000-year-old writings of questionable origin, so who's to say what really happened. Banks have been around longer than Christians.

But Christians have changed their ways from what they used to be. So have banks.

However, I guess there will always be those few who want to go back to the old ways.
Still, banks are very useful.
Jesus...not so much.

exchemist

Veteran Member

"Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress said over the weekend that Christian nationalists had a right to "impose their values" on everyone else.

During an interview with Real America's Voice host Tim Clinton, Jeffress addressed recent concerns about the rising nationalist movement among Christians.

"We always put our love for God above everything, even allegiance to our country," he explained. "But that's not what they're really talking about. Listen carefully. They say they are opposed to people who say America was founded as a Christian nation, Americans who believe not only in the spiritual heritage of our nation, but believe that we ought to use elections to help return our country to its Christian foundation."

"If that's Christian nationalism, count me in," the pastor laughed. "Because that's what we have to do. And what's so hypocritical about this, Tim, is the left don't mind at all imposing their values on our country through the election process. They don't mind forcing their pro-abortion, pro-transgender, pro-open borders policy upon our nation."

Jeffress added: "But they object when conservative Christians try to impose their values on society at large. It's complete hypocrisy."

I love his notion that imposing values through the election process is reprehensible. Says it all.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is there to debate?

He just is speaking in his own echo chamber and has lost sight of the principle of conscience. He doesn't believe that conscience asserts itself in the popular vote. He has been appointed to a leadership position for which he is not suitable.

.... "Because that's what we have to do. And what's so hypocritical about this, Tim, is the left don't mind at all imposing their values on our country through the election process. They don't mind forcing their pro-abortion, pro-transgender, pro-open borders policy upon our nation."...

I think he has a good point, if others push their godless values to others, why they would not be allowed to do the same? And in a way that is democracy, people push their values to others in it, in any case. I think it would be better, if people would be free and independent and decide only about their own life, without any "power rings" to rule them all.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I think he has a good point, if others push their godless values to others, why they would not be allowed to do the same? And in a way that is democracy, people push their values to others in it, in any case. I think it would be better, if people would be free and independent and decide only about their own life, without any "power rings" to rule them all.

Well, the problem is how to do it in practice. Because if you claim you as you decide the rights of others, they can also do it with you.

So according to my religion you have no rights at all. You are not even a human. Can you understand the problem with that?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'd rather he would of said to display their values , provided of course, if they have any.