• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Law Banning Abortion After About Six Weeks Takes Effect

ecco

Veteran Member
If the fetus were a person, it would be a literal intruder in the pregnant person's body.

Edit: if it were there without consent, of course.

The interesting thing about consent is that in some women, the female's antibodies tried to kill off all the sperm before they make it to the egg.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Actually it's not, as "murder" is a legal term that indicates a violation of a law on the killing another human being.

There is a federal law against the murder of a "child in utero" which exempts abortion.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004

The bill contained the alternate title of Laci and Conner's Law after the California mother (Laci Peterson) and fetus (Conner Peterson) whose deaths were widely publicized during the later stages of the congressional debate on the bill in 2003 and 2004. Husband Scott Petersonwas convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There is a federal law against the murder of a "child in utero" which exempts abortion.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004

The bill contained the alternate title of Laci and Conner's Law after the California mother (Laci Peterson) and fetus (Conner Peterson) whose deaths were widely publicized during the later stages of the congressional debate on the bill in 2003 and 2004. Husband Scott Petersonwas convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.
Good point, as the issue there was a lack of consent.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
There are such things as miscarriage support groups, did you know that?
And abortion recovery groups because it's a traumatic experience.

64% of women having abortions said they felt pressured to abort

84% said they were not fully informed

52% felt rushed and 54% uncertain beforehand

67% received no counseling beforehand

79% were not informed about alternatives.

92% experience an emotional deadening, either feeling less in touch with their emotions or feeling a “need to stifle their emotions.”

86% have an increased tendency toward anger or rage (48% reported they became more violent when angered).

86% fear others learning of the abortion, and have a greater sense of fear in general.

82% feel intense feelings of loneliness or isolation.

75% say they are less self-confident

73% indicate some sexual dysfunction (increased pain during intercourse, promiscuity, frigidity, or loss of pleasure).

63% experience denial, the average period of denial that they reported was 5.25 years.

58% have insomnia or nightmares.

57% have difficulty in maintaining or developing relationships.

56% experience suicidal feelings.

53% increase or begin using drugs and/or alcohol to deaden the pain.

39% reported eating disorders that began after the abortion.

28% attempted suicide.

(Taken from The Post Abortion Review [Fall 1994], published by the Elliott Institute, Springfield, Il)

We Never Know

No Slack
As I said...Fetuses are being aborted. Not babies. Take a course in basic English.

I realize it suits your agenda of fear to use the term "baby" to describe a fetus.

Do you realize that your own religion was OK with abortions up to certain gestational times?
The interesting thing about consent is that in some women, the female's antibodies tried to kill off all the sperm before they make it to the egg.

Antisperm antibodies aren't common. Both men and women can make them. They can make it harder for couples to have a baby. But it's rare for antibodies by themselves to make it impossible to get pregnant.

How Antisperm Antibodies Affect Your Chances of Pregnancy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And abortion recovery groups because it's a traumatic experience.

64% of women having abortions said they felt pressured to abort

84% said they were not fully informed

52% felt rushed and 54% uncertain beforehand

67% received no counseling beforehand

79% were not informed about alternatives.

92% experience an emotional deadening, either feeling less in touch with their emotions or feeling a “need to stifle their emotions.”

86% have an increased tendency toward anger or rage (48% reported they became more violent when angered).

86% fear others learning of the abortion, and have a greater sense of fear in general.

82% feel intense feelings of loneliness or isolation.

75% say they are less self-confident

73% indicate some sexual dysfunction (increased pain during intercourse, promiscuity, frigidity, or loss of pleasure).

63% experience denial, the average period of denial that they reported was 5.25 years.

58% have insomnia or nightmares.

57% have difficulty in maintaining or developing relationships.

56% experience suicidal feelings.

53% increase or begin using drugs and/or alcohol to deaden the pain.

39% reported eating disorders that began after the abortion.

28% attempted suicide.

(Taken from The Post Abortion Review [Fall 1994], published by the Elliott Institute, Springfield, Il)
Try to find a valid source when making claims. An antiabortion source really cannot be trusted in such matters. If the facts are correct there should be a better link available.

We Never Know

No Slack
Try to find a valid source when making claims. An antiabortion source really cannot be trusted in such matters. If the facts are correct there should be a better link available.

If bird embryos can learn, I would think human embryos can too.

An international team of scientists led by Flinders University has found evidence of prenatal auditory learning in embryos of three vocal learning species (superb fairy-wren, red-winged fairy-wren and Darwin’s small ground finch) and two vocal non-learning species (little penguin and Japanese quail).

Avian Vocal Learning Begins Before Birth, Study Says | Biology | Sci-News.com

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If the fetus were a person, it would be a literal intruder in the pregnant person's body.
Well, it is a sort of a parasite that places a high demand on the mother's body.
To ban abortions that are from rape pregnancies is cruel and barbaric, in my opinion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If bird embryos can learn, I would think human embryos can too.
I've seen puppies still drinking milk hump each other. I've not known that to be something human infants exhibit.
And bird hearing doesn't work like human hearing. They're more sensitive to thinks like pitch and tone.

metis

Spin it however you like, It's still murder.
So now you're your own "dictionary". It's not "spin"-- it's "reality" for those who know the law, the language, and the Truth.

BTW, I am pro-life but, unlike some, I'm consistently pro-life across the board. Are you, or is it just pick & choose with you? How about areas like capital punishment, climate change, vaccines & masking, basic healthcare for all, helping refugees in need regardless as to where they may live, etc.?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So now you're your own "dictionary". It's not "spin"-- it's "reality" for those who know the law, the language, and the Truth.

BTW, I am pro-life but, unlike some, I'm consistently pro-life across the board. Are you, or is it just pick & choose with you? How about areas like capital punishment, climate change, vaccines & masking, basic healthcare for all, helping refugees in need regardless as to where they may live, etc.?
If you can not understand that taking innocent human life is murder I don't know what to tell you.
And what you think is pro life in those other areas isn't always so.
But we aren't discussing those topics.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So you invalidate all the suffering of all the women who need help after having an abortion by implying they aren't honest.

metis

If you can not understand that taking innocent human life is murder I don't know what to tell you.
If you cannot even understand that it makes no sense having your own definitions since the purpose of language is to communicate.

I did expect you to cop-out on the question because of what I've seen you've posted before, so the above is of no surprise.

Thus, you're really not pro-life-- but the reality is that I already knew that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you want to claim that a fetus is "human" life then the burden of proof is upon you. Right now the law disagrees with your personal feelings that you do not seem to be able to support with proper arguments. Have you even looked into the history of abortion? It was not until the later 19th century that early term abortions were thought to be as being wrong by Christians. Like many changes there appear to have been various motives for opposing abortion. The Bible itself does not oppose abortion. In fact one of the most quoted verses to oppose it actually support it. I will see if you end up quoting that verse.