• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Being an illegal immigrant is a crime. Trespassing is a crime. That's how borders work.
Texas isn't the best state for this. What you say is true, but Texas cooks inmates to death and they are looking for an excise to punish.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Texas just might be the best state to curb illegal entry.
Too interested in punishment. There's no justice or reason for it. They execute the mentally handicapped, they let inmates cook to death, they are so bad they still go after people over possession of pot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too interested in punishment. There's no justice or reason for it. They execute the mentally handicapped, they let inmates cook to death, they are so bad they still go after people over possession of pot.
Some politicians are too disinterested in enforcing useful laws.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges - ABC News (go.com)

I heard they were going to start doing this, arresting migrants for whatever minor offense they can find.

They're holding them in an empty state prison. A lot of the border counties are small with limited resources, so their jails are not big enough.

They said they're not arresting family units, only single adult men.
I feel for the plight of these people, but they are trespassing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The state troopers don't have the authority/jurisdiction to handle migrant cases. It's actually not illegal to cross the border without a visa (you have to to get asylum). Hence why they're using trespassing charges to arrest who they assume will be forever undocumented.
But trespassing isn't a jailable offense (especially without trial) and requires complaint from the property owners. Plus Texas is in a massive power crisis which makes people worry about housing in abandoned prisons. Are they going to pay for it through tax dollars without a vote or are they just going to let heat exhaustion and illness spread unchecked? Either way, a lot of border counties are against this.
Your forgetting the Constitutional zones as it applies to international borders.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some politicians are too disun^interested in enforcing useful laws.
Fixed it, as disinterested is an unbiased person with no interest in the outcome.
Uninterested lacks interest, motive, and drive to do something.
Texas can, they just don't and don't want to appear soft on crime (they'll go so far as to spend more money defending not installing air condition than it costs to install air conditioning in a prison). Which is a massive chunk of US politicians.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I feel for the plight of these people, but they are trespassing.
Trump made this situation far worse when he cut virtually all aid to the NTC's and charitable organizations there. Fortunately, we are now resuming some of the aid and also both Guatemala and Mexico are helping out. The hurt down there is almost unimaginable.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When do you think they will start shooting at migrants? I give it a decade, tops.
That's false by the way.

We won't and don't shoot at migrants.

We do punt illegals back over for a field goal though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the fed gov took border security seriously,
then TX wouldn't have to. At least they're
stepping up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fixed it, as disinterested is an unbiased person with no interest in the outcome.
Uninterested lacks interest, motive, and drive to do something.
Texas can, they just don't and don't want to appear soft on crime (they'll go so far as to spend more money defending not installing air condition than it costs to install air conditioning in a prison). Which is a massive chunk of US politicians.
I get that you don't like Texas.
But they have the problem.
The feds won't fix it.
So Texicans by default must.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Shouldn't there still be restrictions due to the Corona anyway? Why especially now should they be letting these random folks wander in?

Shadow Link

I haven’t heard of a scheme yet where the illegals are required to participate in the “conspiracy vaccine” to help curb the world’s population problem. Any takers?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven’t heard of a scheme yet where the illegals are required to participate in the “conspiracy vaccine” to help curb the world’s population problem. Any takers?
In truth, I believe many would take the vaccine if it were necessary to move to the USA.