• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tests Prove Ebola can Remain Active on Dry Surface for Over 14 Days

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) conducted tests in 2010 on ebola, now revealed to the public, prove Ebola Zaire (Zebov) aa well as Lake Victoria marburgvirus (Marv - I have already warned in a previous post that this is hemorrhagic fever involving different strains including Marburg, all the same family and we are dealing with more than just the Liberian strain which we are calling "ebola"and can morph, and the Zaire strain can and has gone airborne) on glass and plastic at 4° (39°F) over 14 days. Charts also reveal the survival rate under the same conditions over 50 days. Both viruses survived for 26 days, and Ebola was extracted after 50 days.

There is no doubt to me, we are being dummies to political correctness and the incompetance of a politicized CDC. The current strain in Liberia is already changing as we see from the ratio of survival odds if infected dropping dramatically with a death ratio increasing from 50 percent chance to 70 percent chance. Actually the more "benign" strains are more dangerous because they spread more broadly and then can morph into the deadlier ratio while the strains of 90 to 100 percent ratio "burn out" quickly in a village (if isolated) because it kills everyone in one area rapidly and thus "self-quarrantines". There is no doubt the strain currently, which becoming more potent, can live on a dry surface for more than 10 minutes which in itself is extremely dangerous but up to 10 hours or more easily during winter climate.

Winter is coming.

If this thing breaks out in Istanbul, Europe will be a disaster. If it breaks out in Calcutta (Kolkata) or Bombay (Mumbai) the world hasn't seen anything yet how bad this is going to be. I wonder how long it will be before some African Muslim shows up in Syria to fight for ISIS and then comes down with a 103 degree temperature? That will be the end of the "Khalifat".

Ebola can last on surfaces for almost TWO months, tests reveal | Daily Mail Online

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) conducted tests in 2010 on ebola, now revealed to the public, prove Ebola Zaire (Zebov) aa well as Lake Victoria marburgvirus (Marv - I have already warned in a previous post that this is hemorrhagic fever involving different strains including Marburg, all the same family and we are dealing with more than just the Liberian strain which we are calling "ebola"and can morph, and the Zaire strain can and has gone airborne) on glass and plastic at 4° (39°F) over 14 days. Charts also reveal the survival rate under the same conditions over 50 days. Both viruses survived for 26 days, and Ebola was extracted after 50 days.

There is no doubt to me, we are being dummies to political correctness and the incompetance of a politicized CDC. The current strain in Liberia is already changing as we see from the ratio of survival odds if infected dropping dramatically with a death ratio increasing from 50 percent chance to 70 percent chance. Actually the more "benign" strains are more dangerous because they spread more broadly and then can morph into the deadlier ratio while the strains of 90 to 100 percent ratio "burn out" quickly in a village (if isolated) because it kills everyone in one area rapidly and thus "self-quarrantines". There is no doubt the strain currently, which becoming more potent, can live on a dry surface for more than 10 minutes which in itself is extremely dangerous but up to 10 hours or more easily during winter climate.

Winter is coming.

If this thing breaks out in Istanbul, Europe will be a disaster. If it breaks out in Calcutta (Kolkata) or Bombay (Mumbai) the world hasn't seen anything yet how bad this is going to be. I wonder how long it will be before some African Muslim shows up in Syria to fight for ISIS and then comes down with a 103 degree temperature? That will be the end of the "Khalifat".

Ebola can last on surfaces for almost TWO months, tests reveal | Daily Mail Online

This is largely nonsense. See here: Ebola II: What should we really be concerned about?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You are right, total nonsense. It isn't even spreading in the triangle actually, it is so difficult to contract. Of course in Nigeria, where they locked down their borders, issued travel restrictions, including restrictions within their own country between an infected area and non-infected area, they have been proven the model of what does work and now have it under control.

But with the incompetance shown by the CDC, this incompetance alone will likely result in travel restrictions by other nations FROM the United States into their country - it looks like one country - Cape Verde - has already put in restrictions against the US.

Fruit bats warning: Do not eat food that ebola vector bats have drooled or defecated on including fruits. Do not come in contact with surfaces where there is a bat dropping and then touching eyes or mouth.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Your link looks like some idiot blog. It is total nonsense. My God, US hospitals or for that matter society are no way, nor ever will be ready for an outbreak - we cannot walk around 24 x 7 in hazmat outfits, nor will those at the front desk in a hospital nor docturs be walking around 24 x 7 in hazmat outfits when an ebola "patient" runs into the emergency ward vomiting all over and on those waiting for other medical services.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Neither of these sources are reputable...here is another, not great either....Ebola virus disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The link in post #2 provides some good links, but they appear to be overly optimistic.

Please provide a reputable source if you have one.

The main hope comes from it not being airborne and having a 2 week incubation. If it starts spreading quickly...a vaccine will be needed quickly.

Any other thoughts...which are not panic based ?

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

It seems to me that the article was ok. It's the interpretation that's alarmist and downright nutty.

The article is careful to point out that while the virus itself can live on surfaces, it cannot be contracted unless a person comes in contact with the bodily fluids of another person who is not only infected but showing symptoms.

In other words, it's irrelevant that the virus itself can survive inasmuch as the disease is a danger.

The newspaper is purposefully misleading folks to attract the kind of alarmism in the OP.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your link looks like some idiot blog.
Perhaps. It's my blog and my attempt to simplify actual research and distinguish it from those who, like you, confuse popular media with research and rely on phrases from fantasy media such as Game of Thrones in place of research.

No doubt you are, of course, intimately familiar with the past 3 decades of research on this virus including the plethora of studies (rather than popular news articles written by non-scientists and intended to sell rather than inform) despite the fact that you haven't indicated any such proclivity. So please: produce some shred of evidence that you have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

If the real science I referred you to as opposed to your sensationalist news articles doesn't help you understand enough, I'd be happy to refer you to any other research on the matter or even Cambridge University's INI seminar "Infectious Disease Dynamics" so that you can offer more than "here's what I read in some popular media source that I am utterly incapable of relating to anything remotely resembling scientific or medical research".

It is total nonsense.
According to online articles you've read an your complete ignorance of the last 30+ years of intense research, treatment, control, and modelling of the Ebola virus.

My God, US hospitals or for that matter society are no way, nor ever will be ready for an outbreak
That's because we don't need to be ready for plots from blockbuster movies.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
The study is nonsense? This is science, not politics. If this breaks out in an innocent country as India the world will have hell to pay, the consequences will be enormous. There is probably less than 120 days now to find a cure, but the politics of the CDC may mess this up big time with misinformation.

America is now starting to be seen as a risk by other countries who want to restrict travel into their country from areas of ebola risk --- not just restrictions from the hotzones such as Liberia, but other ebola risks such as the ebola risk from incompetent "nurses" who have been in contact with ebola zones but cannot go 21 days without demanding to go out to a Taco Bell for a burrito or their "civil rights are being violated".

It appears the first nation to restrict travel into their country from the U.S. individuals is Cape Verde, which already had restrictions on travel into their country from ebola hotzones such as Liberia.

If cases of ebola in the U.S. continue, other nations will have concerns and consider restrictions on travel into their country from those who have been in the U.S. but show patterns of risk.

And rightly so, America very well may soon be seen as another ebola risk due to the inane policies of the current US regime. Nigeria has proven that such restrictions, combined with strict isolation and quarantine of ebola, works - after locking things down it looks like Nigeria has gotten things under control and there hasn't been another death since September. And which only proves ebola is not spread due to "poverty" and is just as likely to spread at the same rate in the U.S. doubling every week if an outbreak occurs because quarantines and restrictions were not put in place.

Here is the current list, but almost 20 days old so the list may be larger now, of countries which have implemented restrictions from ebola effected countries or have airlines restricting travel from the hotzones:

Cape Verde,
Cameroon,
Mauritius,
Angola,
Botswana,
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC),
Lesotho,
Madagascar,
Malawi,
Mozambique,
Seychelles,
South Africa,
Swaziland,
Tanzania,
Zambia,
Zimbabwe,
Namibia,
Nigeria,
Gambia,
Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast),
Gabon,
Rwanda,
Senegal,
Chad,
Kenya,
Columbia,
St, Lucia,
Saudi Arabia,
France,
Belgium,
United Arab Emirates,
United Kingdom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ebola actually isn't easy to catch. Sure accidents can happen, but it's not like you're going to catch it because someone coughs it into the air. We've had two or three cases in America, and it hasn't spread like wild fire. Why is that? If it was really highly contagious like we're supposed to be scared into believing, the number of cases would be rapidly increasing. If it was something to be concerned about, then Texas would have been the epicenter of a viral infection sweeping through the country right now. But it's not.

jonathan180iq

Ebola - it's less of threat to you than E.coli was...How many of you got E.coli from eating lettuce or chives back in 2006?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ebola - it's less of threat to you than E.coli was...How many of you got E.coli from eating lettuce or chives back in 2006?
Ebola, H191, West Niles, SARS, E.coli, Mad Cows, it's seems every few years we are supposed to be afraid of some new disease that's gonna kill us all. But they never do.
Now, if the bubonic plague returns and there are mass dyings in cities throughout the world, then I'll be worried.