• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Testimony of former Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic247

Substitute "Magic" for "Wicca",
and you have described me exactly.

People see what they see,
experience what they experience,
but it all proves nothing as others are concerned,
because every person is completely different. :rainbow1:
I don't think everyone is completely diffrent. Everyone's born, everyone dies. Everyone wants someone to love them, everyone feels pain, everyone needs to eat and sleep. If you can find exceptions to these they are definately an anomily for sure. There are also many things that most people have in common, though not all. Most people have some enemies, or enjoy music ect. you can think of a million things. You think you can create your own reality, but you can't create one where you don't eat or drink for a year. So how diffrent are people really?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I don't think everyone is completely diffrent. Everyone's born, everyone dies. Everyone wants someone to love them, everyone feels pain, everyone needs to eat and sleep. If you can find exceptions to these they are definately an anomily for sure. There are also many things that most people have in common, though not all. Most people have some enemies, or enjoy music ect. you can think of a million things. You think you can create your own reality, but you can't create one where you don't eat or drink for a year. So how diffrent are people really?

The devil is in the details, so to speak ;)

Sonic247

I think it is intresting actually now that I'm thinking about how in many ways people are the same, but still everyone is diffrent from one another. Still our need for God I believe is like our need for water.

blackout

Violet.

Somehow I think you missed the point
(and the context) of what i was trying to say.;)

Obviously we all hold the same basic traits as homo sapiens.
But as Gentoo said, it's all in the details.

If you have not realized the Unique individual that is Your Self,
then there is little point in my trying to explain
how TRULY different people are REALLY...
and how their experience of life and actuality and REALization
can be RADICALLY different
(even in similar circumstances)
in light of the totality of the unique PERSONa they are.

As I said, we all see what we are personally inclined to see,
and experience life as such (as complex individuals.)
Our own personal experiences of "a thing" says little or nothing
about another's experience of the very same thing.
(or the "validity" of their experience for that matter.)

To each individual person, THEIR own experience IS valid.

This is more or less what I was getting at.

spiritually inclined

For the most part this sounds like pagan-bashing, or the bashing of anything that is considered non-Christian, especially the occult.

I have no problem with paganism itself, as Christianity has deep roots in paganism.

As for this supernatural tale, though I don't completely dismiss all supernatural beliefs, I am not inclined to believe in them, either. I am a skeptic.

James

Sonic247

I think most people are intrested in stuff that is weird and unknown or not widely known. That's why the X-files is so popular. And of course if it is a true testimony I am intrested in it because it's just another example of Christ's authority over any spirit.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
And of course if it is a true testimony I am intrested in it because it's just another example of Christ's authority over any spirit.

Of course, it works the other way too. Christianity can mess with people, and other religions, like Paganism, can help them feel right again.

Sonic247

Alot of people in paganism grew up going to church, but never had a personal relationship with God. Also outside of church everyone just lived the same or worse than everyone else. As for this particular testimony, it could be a hoax for all I know. I just read a book yesterday called "he came to set the captives free," which supposedly has a former witches testimony, and just like the book I discussed in my thread "a Christian Cult" it has alot of stuff that goes right along with the Bible; but I still think it's a hoax. Maybe this one is to but it will be harder to research.

blackout

Violet.
Alot of people in paganism grew up going to church, but never had a personal relationship with God. Also outside of church everyone just lived the same or worse than everyone else. .

And just the same,
"Alot" of people in "paganism" grew up going to church,
but DID have a personal relationship with God.
Myself as just one example.
(Also living the life of an obedient and devout Christian/Catholic)

The more personal my relationship with God became
the less I needed church & religion,
till finally one day it just all fell away
and there was left standing only me and God.

I MUCH prefer it that way.
And I GUARANTEE you "He" does not mind it one bit.

And this I also guarantee you is a true testimony.

~Violet~

blackout

Violet.
Perhaps YOUR need for god is likened to YOUR need for water, but my need for God is likened to my need for another tattoo.

This an excellent example of exactly what I was talking about.

You and Gentoo have both said it better in far fewer words.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I think most people are intrested in stuff that is weird and unknown or not widely known. That's why the X-files is so popular. And of course if it is a true testimony I am intrested in it because it's just another example of Christ's authority over any spirit.
Are you as interested in the testimonies of those who have left Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.