• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tesla laying off 200 people, closes San Mateo facility

Shaul

Premium Member
I wonder if any of this at all has to do with Musk's Twitter deal.
I’d say not much. More to do with the red ink within Tesla Motors. They are having supply chain issues getting microchips. Their Austin and Berlin factories are burning money like furnaces. Tesla stock is down 34% this year. Which is more than the overall market.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
New Tech companies and I classify Tesla as one, have a high rate of disappearing. Many minicomputer companies including DEC are gone. Sun Microsystems was eaten by Oracle. Many other are just gone.

I've never been any good at playing with such stocks. I get in too late and hold too long. Hence I don't play that any longer.

We'll see about Tesla in the next few years.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder if any of this at all has to do with Musk's Twitter deal.
I think its CEOs with those golden parachutes who enrich themselves every time a plant closes, just to merge, restructure, and do it all over again.

Suave

Simulated character
I’d say not much. More to do with the red ink within Tesla Motors. They are having supply chain issues getting microchips. Their Austin and Berlin factories are burning money like furnaces. Tesla stock is down 34% this year. Which is more than the overall market.

Despite Tesla stock being down 40 percent from its record high, I've more than doubled my initial investment in Tesla from two years ago,

In order to avoid chip shortages, Tesla rewrites its vehicle software to support alternative chips.

As I understand, in order to reduce labor costs, Tesla is moving some office work supporting its advance driver assistance system team from San Mateo, California to Buffalo, New York.

scotty-kilmer-drives-a-2021-tesla-model-y-rental-car-likes-how-it-accelerates-159863_1.jpg

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think its CEOs with those golden parachutes who enrich themselves every time a plant closes, just to merge, restructure, and do it all over again.
Very true...I know it is true, not a belief anymore

Knowing this fact, puts Covid in a whole different light, right?