• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorists capture G.I. Joe

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
story.hostage.ap.jpg

(CNN) -- A photograph posted on an Islamist Web site appears to be that of an action figure and not a U.S. soldier being held hostage.

Liam Cusack, the marketing coordinator for Dragon Models USA, said the figure pictured on the Web site is believed to be "Special Ops Cody," a military action figure the company manufactured in late 2003.

"It pretty much looks exactly like the same person," he said.

Cusack said he was contacted Tuesday morning by one of his retailers, who informed him that the alleged hostage appeared to be one of the company's action figures.

"I thought it was a joke at first," he said.

But after reading a report on a news Web site about a U.S. soldier allegedly being captured, "I looked at it and said, 'It does look like one of our action figures.'"

"Cody" is an action figure the company made for the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, which supplies U.S. military bases worldwide with various items. The doll was meant to look like a U.S. soldier who might be serving in Iraq, Cusack said.

On the Islamist Web site, a group calling itself the Al Mujahedeen Brigade, posted a photograph of a man it claimed was a captured U.S. soldier named John Adam, and it threatened to behead him if Iraqi prisoners are not released by U.S. forces.

Staff Sgt. Nick Minecci of the U.S. military's press office in Baghdad told The Associated Press that "no units have reported anyone missing."

The photograph showed the figure against a black flag with white lettering reading, "God is great, there is no god but Allah." A U.S. military assault rifle was pointed at its head. It appears that "rifle" was part of the plastic weaponry that came with the action figure.

The photograph immediately raised questions.

CNN military analyst James Marks, a retired Army general, questioned its authenticity.

He told CNN in a phone interview that the flak jacket in the picture had a kind of trim along the edges that he'd never seen before, and that the open-legged pants, as opposed to gathered hems, struck him as odd.

He also questioned what appeared to be camouflage paint on the face.

"We have not used camo paint with conventional forces serving in Iraq," Marks said.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yeah makes you wonder about the old propaganda machine doesn't it.

apparently the recent east coast scare about the 'chinese nationals' sneeking in from Mexico to blow something up in Boston or NYC was a hoax as well. Makes me wonder where the FBI got the pictures of the suspects when no names were given in the origional 'anonomus tip off'. Pictures and names of the 'suspected terrorists' were released just hours after they recieved the 'tip'.

Fear sells and keeps people in line.:banghead3

wa:do

Dr. Nosophoros

COBRAS evil knows no bounds.

It's hard to believe any "serious" group would put out something so blatantly fake, it may have been put out as a joke just to see what the reaction would be or they may just be that stupid (doubtful though IMO). either way it undermines the "legitimacy" of whatever group that claimed it which makes me think. At least with the U.S. Female "Rambo" Jessica Lynch story the Pentagon, our media, Rumsfeld ("she has so much spunk!") etc. were pimping to us, they had a live soldier-even though the exploits were completely false, as was the "rescue" depicted.

To me , Jessica Lynch is a hero, not just because she survived capture, but mainly because she told the truth. She said after her "rescue" that the U.S. Government and media used her as a propaganda tool, it would have been easy to accept the "hero" label as defined by the 2 braincell characterization that the pentagon and the Bush administration presented, but she refused to take the easy way out and told the truth of the matter- now THAT takes spunk! LOL

During a Dianne Sawyer Interview
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It does (bother me) that they used me as a way to symbolize all this stuff ... yeah, it's wrong ... I don't know why they filmed it, or why they say the things they, you know."
[/font]
When asked if she went down...."like, somebody said, Rambo?"
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"No, I went down praying on my knees," she replied.[/font]

But, back to the topic, I don't watch much of our U.S. television so I don't really know how this was treated on our news (a large story or just a blip on the radar screen) but on Jan 31st/Feb 1st, there was a Federal court ruling against the U.S. government and Bush administration on Guantonamo Bay , which may hit the Supreme courts eventually. The story of the "G.I. Joe capture" may have helped divert attention from the real issues, or I may just be talking out of my butt since I don't bother to watch our news much- but it is a thought.

GEORGE BUSH CAPTURES OSAMA BIN LADEN!

georgeandosama.jpg

Like apples terrorists? How do you like them f*%&ing apples?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Dr. Nosophoros said:
GEORGE BUSH CAPTURES OSAMA BIN LADEN!

georgeandosama.jpg

Like apples terrorists? How do you like them f*%&ing apples?
See how much easier the whole thing would be if we used action figures instead of real people? The whole thing would be owver in a matter of minutes.

Dr. Nosophoros

See how much easier the whole thing would be if we used action figures instead of real people? The whole thing would be over in a matter of minutes.
I think that is the problem- the powers that be seem to think they are playing with action figures. unfortunately they are living, breathing human beings that have been conditioned by society to believe in something more or may have little other choice, but in the end, the real "puppet masters" seem to be the self serving politicians and large corporations which become the war profiteers while the deluded many are the pawns in the much larger game- hell, I was one at one time.

All I can say is once you see death close up, you begin to question, you begin to have no time for bull****, and when you question, you may not always like what you see but it is the reflection and the reality and it can be faced or turned away from. I think when some of these young men and women come home from Iraq for good, they may feel a little betrayed and they may feel there may be some hell to pay, if that is the case, then I say give em all the hell you can.