• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrified of becoming an atheist again

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Buddhism in its truest sense is not a religion, no worship involved. So the question is moot.
all religions can have their idiosyncratic forms, mysticism is like that. oneness cannot differentiate from itself, it's point is pointless and cannot be measured against another.

e = m(c*c)

I AM that i am

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
all religions can have their idiosyncratic forms, mysticism is like that. oneness cannot differentiate from itself, it's point is pointless and cannot be measured against another.

e = m(c*c)

I AM that i am

When Buddha was asked what he was teaching, he said "the way things are." He said nobody should believe his teachings out of faith, but instead they should examine for themselves to see if they are true or not.

Buddhism is a way of life, not a religion.

Do you want to discuss why e=mc^2 is proof that the god of revelation 19:6 KJV cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you? Or was that just a throw away line to fill in space?

Your last line can be condensed to 'I am I'

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When Buddha was asked what he was teaching, he said "the way things are." He said nobody should believe his teachings out of faith, but instead they should examine for themselves to see if they are true or not.

Buddhism is a way of life, not a religion.

Do you want to discuss why e=mc^2 is proof that the god of revelation 19:6 KJV cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you? Or was that just a throw away line to fill in space?

Your last line can be condensed to 'I am I'
only if you wish to discuss the spooky action at a distance doesn't work under the guise of relativity

https://phys.org/news/2015-11-nist-team-spooky-action-distance.html

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Old hat.

And what had it to do with the mass energy equivalence formula? Which has nothing to to do with quantum mechanics

it has to do with information traveling faster than the speed of light.

information is power

“Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

involution

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Atheism is as religion like not collection stamps is a hobby.
More like atheism is like a religion like a scrapbook is a stamp collection. A scrapbook can contain a stamp collection, but is not itself one.
This is just as true of theism. Theism isn't a religion either. But it can contain them.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No it doesn't, it has to do with entanglement

And e=mc^2 doesn't

entanglement has to do with photons/particles

come on baby light my fire

Physicists Just Quantum Entangled 10 Photon Pairs and Set a New World Record

Einstein Exhibit -- Voice of Einstein

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing -- a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind."

sounds buddhist to me

These 4 Cosmic Phenomena Travel Faster Than the Speed of Light

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
More like atheism is like a religion like a scrapbook is a stamp collection. A scrapbook can contain a stamp collection, but is not itself one.
This is just as true of theism. Theism isn't a religion either. But it can contain them.

Atheism : Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. Other thasn that all bets are off

So you are saying disbelief in gods is a religion?

ChristineM

Premium Member
entanglement has to do with photons/particles

come on baby light my fire

Physicists Just Quantum Entangled 10 Photon Pairs and Set a New World Record

Einstein Exhibit -- Voice of Einstein

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing -- a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind."

sounds buddhist to me

These 4 Cosmic Phenomena Travel Faster Than the Speed of Light

From your own link

"Additional correlations beyond those limits would require either sending signals faster than the speed of light, which scientists consider impossible, or another mechanism, such as quantum entanglement."

Entanglement (quantum) has no relationship to light (classical)

Kapalika

Premium Member
There is no revealed religion like Atheism. Is there any revealed religion like Atheism. Please
Regards

I didn't say that atheism was a religion but rather that there are religions that are kind of atheistic. I kind of mispoke as there are also straight up atheistic religions. I don't see why a religion has to be "revealed" and even if it is, why can't it also exclude the concepts of gods at the same time?

Look for example at animism, Satanism, Buddhism, and several other religions that might be able to be more atheistic than what the OP is currently trying to work with.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
From your own link

"Additional correlations beyond those limits would require either sending signals faster than the speed of light, which scientists consider impossible, or another mechanism, such as quantum entanglement."

Entanglement (quantum) has no relationship to light (classical)

the other mechanism is sending signals ...................

[1303.0614] Bounding the speed of `spooky action at a distance'

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Atheism : Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. Other thasn that all bets are off

So you are saying disbelief in gods is a religion?
negative belief systems or positive belief systems don't require a god. a belief system can be void of gods but not of beliefs. a belief system becomes a religion when it is organized on a larger scale.

evangelical atheism

American Atheists

List of secularist organizations - Wikipedia

Atheist organizations. BornAtheist.com (Atheist organisations)

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Not really, but there is a flood of temptations and dark thoughts that I must reject. I'm bombarded with them. I just know what I was as an unbeliever and I shudder and am horrified by it and filled with regret. I just want to lock myself away from the world and be an anchorite (pray all the time), but that isn't healthy either (unless it's my calling lol)
Me too, but I chalk that up to being the daughter of an evil monster and a psychotic. My life goals are about using my "monsterness" on the side of good. :)

I want to be a Muppet monster, not a horror movie monster, LOL.

You seem to be a mighty warrior in the spirit realm.
My name translates to "warrior", IIRC. :)

We all have our gifts in the spiritual realm. Even if you aren't some sort of psychic soldier, you might find you are something equally as important. Even if your only gift in the spirit realm is telling the truth, it will help protect you from all the liars in that realm. :)

Yes, they would be far more helpful than the born again Christians I meet. Unfortunately I don't know any shamans in real life.
I'm not one, though I like their work. Feel free to message me and maybe we can work on some stuff.

I will gladly walk through hell with someone if it means protecting them from getting burned. :)

Wish I knew you in real life.
Message me and I can give my email. I'm on FB too.

I consider my will to be bad. I believe I have undergone and continue to undergo transformation.
Maybe you're just a caterpillar who eats everything in sight. They can be ugly and destructive, but the butterfly may be worth it later. :)

Perhaps a psychiatrist could help
Pope already is living in a facility. Clearly something is missing in the treatment plan or there'd be more progress.

I have a degree in psychology and I'm an RN, so it's not like I'm against medical treatment, but I'm also smart enough to review the care plan, so to speak, and know it's just not working.

I don't know. I'm sorry if i'm harsh, but most of this thread seems to be you being completely oblivious to the concept of accepting responsibility for your own actions. You need someone to be there for you to relinquish your power of self-control. That... Does not seem healthy or even mildly sane.
To be fair, those [insert sin here] Anonymous groups practically drill the thought you are powerless into your head. I attended one as part of my education and ... it was ... educational, all right: a bunch of drunks who gave up booze while nearly killing me with a ton of cigarette smoke. (I have asthma.) What we SHOULD be teaching is that the powerless stage is just the first one, where you realize you are out of control, but you CAN get control eventually, with practice. No one is epic overnight. The problem may never even really go away, but you can resist it or channel it into something more productive.

ChristineM

Premium Member

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nope, but there are atheistic religions. Some schools of Buddhism, Hinduism, LaVey Satanism, Taoism, and so on.

Buddhism is not a religion but a way of life. Hinduism has belief in about 30 million gods, therefore not atheist. Satanist worship the god satan, you may not consider satan a god but satanist do. Yu-huang is the great High God of the Taoists, there are several other god of the faith. There are are course groups of individual's who gather to discuss their atheism, some even sarcastically call these gathering places temples or chuches.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Pope already is living in a facility. Clearly something is missing in the treatment plan or there'd be more progress.

I have a degree in psychology and I'm an RN, so it's not like I'm against medical treatment, but I'm also smart enough to review the care plan, so to speak, and know it's just not working.

My foray into psychology was an elective at uni, interesting and educational but sadly dropped in my 3rd year to concentrate on my dissertation. I have kept up with events through magazines and a couple of psychologist friends. I find my little knowledge useful when spending time with my brother in law who is schizophrenic, and when i was hiring as md, it also works well as a good bs detector.

I've not been here long enough to make a judgement call on pope but i am suspecting you are correct