• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrible Pet names

Laika

Premium Member
Stroking my cat today, (who naturally stared at me with the mixture of contempt and demanding continued adoration all cats do to their owners) I had the idea of starting a thread on awful pet names.

What got me going was the idea of what cat name would be most inappropriate to shout out down the street. After wondering about calling out in the street for a cat named "Bin Laden", I settled on the idea that calling a cat "Anthrax" would be worse. "Anthrax the cat" does sound quite cool actually, but that is sure to get some attention. :D

What terrible pet names can you think of? Anything you'd be embarrassed calling out on your front porch to bring your cat or dog back in doors?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A cat named Trump?

45tr3s.jpg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Bin Laden

My partner decided a stray cat that she regularly fed reminded her of a female Egyptian goddess (despite the cat being male). On the occasions he failed to materialise she would call his name out. Eventually it was agreed the name was not great for calling out of a dark evening... "Where are you...Isis?"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Over the years we have had two cats with interesting names.

Many years ago we adopted a kitten to spent her first evening at home watching starwars and got very excited whenever the Wookie appeared on screen. Her name obviously became Chewbacca... good fun calling her in at night time.

More recently we had a kitten (killed by a speeding motorist) who was originally named Cleopatra (or Cleo) becsuse of her eye markings that looked ancient Egyptian. One night hubby woke and needed the toilet. In the dark he tripped over her. Next day at breakfast the kids asked what did dad shout out last night. A quick spoonerism came to mind and from that day she was called "Cooking Fat", a name that she seemed to like Luckily we live in France so calling her in didn't cause much problem

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I once had a neighbor with a dog named Tiz.
Every morning, after rover's constitutional, she'd
stand out on her porch in her nightie yelling....
"Here Tiz! Here Tiz!".

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
My cat has one name for polite company (vet, groomer, etc) and one for at home. The polite name is 'Kid'. The other name is A******.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The dog's name is cool, but it's terrible in some ways because everyone is stupid and doesn't say it correctly. Her name is Thrace but people are always calling her "Grace".

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Stroking my cat today, (who naturally stared at me with the mixture of contempt and demanding continued adoration all cats do to their owners) I had the idea of starting a thread on awful pet names.

What got me going was the idea of what cat name would be most inappropriate to shout out down the street. After wondering about calling out in the street for a cat named "Bin Laden", I settled on the idea that calling a cat "Anthrax" would be worse. "Anthrax the cat" does sound quite cool actually, but that is sure to get some attention. :D

What terrible pet names can you think of? Anything you'd be embarrassed calling out on your front porch to bring your cat or dog back in doors?
Punchme,
Momma

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We once had a cat named Ralph.
Ralph puked (ie, ralphed) often.
We resolved to name our next
cat Money Bags.

Vee

Premium Member

When I was in high school one of my colleagues had two dogs. They were named Zero and Beef!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know why people name their cats, they don't listen anyway.

That's not true. If I want Lucky, all I have to do is call one of the other nine cats, and Lucky is sure to appear.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know why people name their cats, they don't listen anyway.

They do when they want to, just pick up the tin opener and call their name.
And that's the magic of cats, they are indipendent. If they had opposable thumbs to work that tin opener their human slaves would be out on the street.

Remember, in ancient times cats were considered to be gods, they have never forgotten this