• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrible news from my family

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I admit I really need a few shoulders to cry on right now. I talked to my mom and grand-mother today and they said my grand-father is at the hospital. He has stomach cancer. Don't know much details at the moment, they're going to see him later, the doctor will have more information. Don't know which stage it's at or anything.

It's very difficult to live this far sometimes, I always fear stuff like this happening. I really need hugs and my husband is at work, I'm alone. I'll go pet my cat.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Sorry to hear that, not knowing the details is bad but what makes it worse is that word "cancer" but it doesn't mean it's the worse case scenario for him and treatment for it is getting better and he's obviously loved which is all good.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I do pray that your find inner comfort and strength to be along side all those who are part of your family. May every treatment be successful and without side-effects (my prayer).

You are not alone.

:hugehug:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Early last year my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It was a terrible few months when i thought id l
lost him. By November he was cancer free.

Cancer treatment has improved tremendously in he last few years so don't despair. Just give your grandfather your support and love.

Best wishes.

Daemon Sophic

Early last year my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It was a terrible few months when i thought id l

Cancer treatment has improved tremendously in he last few years so don't despair. Just give your grandfather your support and love.

Best wishes.
@ChristineM is right. A LOT depends upon the specific diagnosis. Even located in the stomach, there are still multiple different kinds of cancer, and each one's outcome depends on size, extent of spread, etc....

All the same. I live far from my parents, and know that fear with each telephone call. My hopes & best wishes go with you @illykitty .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not a hugger, but I do have something for you....
th

They're blanket flowers (gaillardia), & are in full bloom right now.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me, really! I'll try to call my mom later to see if she has any more information. :/ I hope that something can be done to heal him or at least lessen suffering.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Update: My grand-father is getting worse, doctors say they have no idea how long he's got left to live, it depends on the growth rate of the cancer. My grand-father keeps forgetting things too, one time he will talk about something he remembers and the next he'll ask where he is. Doctors aren't sure if operating him is a good idea and he refuses it anyway. I really don't know what's going to happen.

I'm going to try to go there as soon as I can, I don't know how much time he has left. I want to try to spend some time with him and the family, especially my mom, she's taking it really hard. My husband can't come, I wish he could, but it's best I go anyway. It makes me anxious but it's something I'll regret if I don't go.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Best wishes.
That's true . I think the best course of action would be to be hopeful , yet realistic.