• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminally ill patient told by “robot”

ManSinha

As someone who has helped implemented tele health solutions - I can relate to both sides - but on those times when I have had to give that news I have always made sure I was at a level below the patient - in most cases holding their hand - and letting them know that they would not suffer physically - can do little for the mental anguish that is almost invariably present whether chronic disease or devastating accident

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

domo.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The family should complain to the hospital. Its not malpractice. It should not have happened.
As someone who has helped implemented tele health solutions - I can relate to both sides - but on those times when I have had to give that news I have always made sure I was at a level below the patient - in most cases holding their hand - and letting them know that they would not suffer physically - can do little for the mental anguish that is almost invariably present whether chronic disease or devastating accident
Good points. A nurse could have done this or perhaps someone who specialized in giving people bad news, such as a counselor. It was unfortunate what happened and that this person was compelled to give him bad news. It was bad luck.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When profit is more important than humanity, this kind of thing occurs. It's part of the "pay or die" out of control greed that is in evidence in big pharma and other medical areas today.

pearl

Doctors don't like to admit failure as their mission is to save. No one likes to deliver bad news in person.