• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee Senate passes legislation allowing adoption agencies to deny gay couples

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sorry I don't get what your saying. Are you claiming Tennessee is a fantastic place for children to grow up with a gay couple? Because it just sounds like your ignoring the welfare of the child to me
You are claiming that gay parents are bad because homophobic Tennesseans will be hateful to their children.

I do understand what you're saying. Primitive folks with Christian morality are pretty hateful. Anybody can see that. But it isn't because gay people shouldn't be parents, it's because Christians are hateful.
Tom

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good, it's a child welfare decision as far as i can see
Because Tennessee isn't a Gay friendly state and a child growing up with a same sex couple would suffer horrendously

And its no point saying 'well they shouldn't' government deals with reality not Gay appeasement
Spoken like a true conservative. To maintain peace and order you seek to enforce conventionalism. It's the same excuse fundamentalist Muslims use when they require women to wear burqas, abayas and niqabs -- "for their own protection."

True, there are always those who are threatened by social and moral progress; who like things familiar and predictable; who feel threatened by novelty, but had we eschewed progress for fear of disorder, blacks would still be working in the cotton fields and women confined to the kitchen.

You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Last edited:

Darkforbid

You are claiming that gay parents are bad because homophobic Tennesseans will be hateful to their children.

I do understand what you're saying. Primitive folks with Christian morality are pretty hateful. Anybody can see that. But it isn't because gay people shouldn't be parents, it's because Christians are hateful.
Tom

Where have I in anyway claimed Gay parents are bad?

What I have said is Tennessee is not Gay friendly

But OK children should be placed with Gay parents in homophobic areas, happy now!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Sorry I don't get what your saying. Are you claiming Tennessee is a fantastic place for children to grow up with a gay couple? Because it just sounds like your ignoring the welfare of the child to me
I think he thought your point was that gays shouldn't adopt, not that TN is a horrible place for gays and other types of folks.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My parents (well actually, my mother and step-father) were perfectly straight. They abused me so much I had to be taken away and made a ward of the crown for my safety -- so I grew up with no family at all.

Meantime, I can name famous gay couples who are raising children in love and safety, kids who have great prospects for living happy lives.

Care to defend your "child welfare" comment against that?

We Never Know

No Slack
My parents (well actually, my mother and step-father) were perfectly straight. They abused me so much I had to be taken away and made a ward of the crown for my safety -- so I grew up with no family at all.

Meantime, I can name famous gay couples who are raising children in love and safety, kids who have great prospects for living happy lives.

And there are famous straight couples who are raising children in love and safety, kids who have great prospects for living happy lives.

IMO people are trying to put the problem on the sexual orientation of the couple rather than a person or people themselves. There are good and bad in both gay and straight couples.

Darkforbid

It's about the social environment in Tennessee, not Gay adoptions

Tennessee DA says gay couples are not entitled to domestic violence protections

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's about the social environment in Tennessee, not Gay adoptions

Tennessee DA says gay couples are not entitled to domestic violence protections

How about we get rid of police who don't think that USA laws apply to them, because religion?
"The reason that there's enhanced punishment on domestic violence is to recognize and protect the sanctity of marriage. And I said there's no marriage to protect. So I don't prosecute them as domestics,” Northcott added.

Obviously Tennessee law officials don't think that USA laws apply to them

Once again, homophobic people blame homosexuals for problems caused by homophobes.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It was aimed Evangelicalhumanist who apparently thinks bringing up what Tennessee calls Gay Sex Clubs and what he did there is needed in a discussion about adoption and child welfare
You were the one who described Tennessee as so viciously homophobic that a kid would have terrible problems, and then implied that it was the fault of gay parents.

How about you respond to post #32?
Tom

Darkforbid

You were the one who described Tennessee as so viciously homophobic that a kid would have terrible problems, and then implied that it was the fault of gay parents.

How about you respond to post #32?
Tom

Wow, you love just making things up don't you

First you claimed I said Gay pearants are bad. Because I said it's a child welfare issue

Now it's 'You were the one who described Tennessee as so viciously homophobic' is that what you think not Gay friendly means

More than 100 faith leaders unite to denounce Tennessee GOP's 'slate of hate'

Do you think that theists describe 'A state of hate for no reason at all?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I agree. The child of a gay couple would probably be overlooked for sports, awards and maybe even bullied.

Show me someone who has been adopted by a gay couple and wishes they had not been. From any state. Show me that children in these states would be better off without parents. Show me evidence to support this.

Your hunch is not at all persuasive to me.

Darkforbid

So your saying it's not gay parents but a society that doesn't accept gay parents that's harmful to kids.

'Ultimately, Mark Regnerus set out to answer the question of whether children who have parents in a same-sex relationship experience disadvantages when compared with children raised by their biological, married parents. The answer, contra the zeitgeist, appears to be a resounding yes. Children with a parent in a same-sex relationship “underperform” in almost every category. Some of these differences may be relatively benign — whether one voted in the last presidential election, for example — but most are decidedly not. One deficit is particularly worrying: Less than 2 percent of children from intact, biological families reported experiencing sexual abuse of some nature, but that figure for children of same-sex couples is 23 percent. Similarly disturbing is that 14 percent of children from same-sex couples have spent some time in foster care, compared with around 2 percent of the American population at large. Arrest, drug experimentation, and unemployment rates were all higher among children from same-sex families.'

Social Science Journal study, Mark Regnerus