• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee passes Law, schools must display “In God We Trust”

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
'Dieu et Mon Droit' (G-d and My Right) is the British motto, but we don't need it plastered everywhere.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I see signs like this, usually in some seedy roadside dive.

il_570xN.782801435_bgnj.jpg

I suppose they could put signs like this in the school cafeterias.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sorry, it is the U.S. national motto. (Passed by Congress) Scots are on your own. :)
I await the day when Muslim majority communities in SE Michiganistan
take this newly found legal right to make their religion official in schools.
Perhaps Xians didn't forsee that a school motto would be....
"To Allah we submit"
Imagine some Xian parent's discovering that their kids must recite this.
I'd like to be a fly on that wall.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Tennessee Passes Bill To Place 'In God We Trust' in Every Public School

Tennessee Passes Bill To Place 'In God We Trust' in Every Public School

Good Grief...

I see signs like this, usually in some seedy roadside dive.

il_570xN.782801435_bgnj.jpg

I suppose they could put signs like this in the school cafeterias.

One word: Jean Shepard.

I await the day when Muslim majority communities in SE Michiganistan
take this newly found legal right to make their religion official in schools.
Perhaps Xians didn't forsee that a school motto would be....
"To Allah we submit"
Imagine some Xian parent's discovering that their kids must recite this.
I'd like to be a fly on that wall.

Stand by for unintended consequences...

Phantasman

I live in Tennessee and agree with this act. Tennessee is in the Bible belt, and it's big cities are inspired by country music, most performers being raised Christian. The government acts for the majority of the peoples in this state, which are what governments do. Just as we disagree with a lot of silly California laws, they have the right to disagree with us. But our people overwhelmingly wanted this and the government responded in kind.

If others don't like it, there are 49 other states to raise their kids in, IMO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I live in Tennessee and agree with this act. Tennessee is in the Bible belt, and it's big cities are inspired by country music, most performers being raised Christian. The government acts for the majority of the peoples in this state, which are what governments do. Just as we disagree with a lot of silly California laws, they have the right to disagree with us. But our people overwhelmingly wanted this and the government responded in kind.

Of course, TN doesn't get to enact any old law it wants.
The USSC just might weigh in on this.

Shaul

Premium Member

Testify, brother.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Too bad for you and the other Christian theocrats in the Bible belt, the Constitution is the law of the entire US and you don't get to have an exception for your state. We have protections from the tyranny of the majority. This won't last long. There's lots of other countries with no such protections or separations between religion and state. Feel free to move and stop trying to make the US into a Christian theocracy.