• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temples of Worship.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Thanks for that information - I have always wondered of the positive virtues I could see in such and interesting choice of worship. I see it would still create such actions as strong bonds, strong oaths and strong convictions. You may be able to expand if you choose.

Regards Tony

I will say that the heart of Satanism tends to value liberty, individualism, education, self-growth, and nonconformity. Mythically, Satan lead a rebellion and has long been associated with forbidden knowledge and disobedience, so it makes sense that these are the values that older Satanists tended towards and what newer Satanists adopt. This isn't a hard rule, though.

This post originally went into lengthy detail about the historical differences between Satanic philosophies born out of Enlightenment occultism, and their contemporary successors here, but I cut that out to simplify my answer. I was essentially just supporting that, yes, these are the traditional values of Satanism.

Outside of that, there is a newer movement within Satanism where there's a fringe of eclectic Wiccans starting to latch onto the figure as the Horned God of the witches, as well as some Neopagans in general. We also have a lot of Thelemites, Buddhists, Hindus, and Theosophists, too. There are also folk Satanists, who usually view Satan as the same as a local trickster spirit or Underworld deity. More people from a wider variety of religious backgrounds are starting to self-identify as Satanists for more reasons.

These individuals might not share the values that I outlined above, and sometimes they only adhere to the values of their other religions without serious adherence to the teachings of any historical Satanic movements or groups. Some of them might even take offense to me trying to list Satanic values at all, for various reasons, but you asked me.

We do have an entire Satanism directory on these forums where a lot of Satanists discuss and debate their values if you want to go lurk and read them. You're free to DM me about any subject you read about there for my opinion.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will say that the heart of Satanism tends to value liberty, individualism, education, self-growth, and nonconformity. Mythically, Satan lead a rebellion and has long been associated with forbidden knowledge and disobedience, so it makes sense that these are the values that older Satanists tended towards and what newer Satanists adopt. This isn't a hard rule, though.

This post originally went into lengthy detail about the historical differences between Satanic philosophies born out of Enlightenment occultism, and their contemporary successors here, but I cut that out to simplify my answer. I was essentially just supporting that, yes, these are the traditional values of Satanism.

Outside of that, there is a newer movement within Satanism where there's a fringe of eclectic Wiccans starting to latch onto the figure as the Horned God of the witches, as well as some Neopagans in general. We also have a lot of Thelemites, Buddhists, Hindus, and Theosophists, too. There are also folk Satanists, who usually view Satan as the same as a local trickster spirit or Underworld deity. More people from a wider variety of religious backgrounds are starting to self-identify as Satanists for more reasons.

These individuals might not share the values that I outlined above, and sometimes they only adhere to the values of their other religions without serious adherence to the teachings of any historical Satanic movements or groups. Some of them might even take offense to me trying to list Satanic values at all, for various reasons, but you asked me.

We do have an entire Satanism directory on these forums where a lot of Satanists discuss and debate their values if you want to go lurk and read them. You're free to DM me about any subject you read about there for my opinion.

No thank you for that, it is much as I envisaged. It is interesting to see why people choose the path they are on and yes I could actually go and look.

My daughter was in to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I had many a hour of that in the background back in the late 1990's into the 2000's.

People are looking for alternate paths, as Faith have offered less and less of what they were looking for. Tine are now changing fast.

I wish you well and happy and thanks for participating.

Regards Tony

MJFlores

This is where our contributions to the church goes.
Newly built houses of worship, on our part, glorifies the Father

Haggai 1:8 New International Version (NIV)
Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.

upload_2020-6-27_16-33-25.jpeg

This is one of the first houses of worship of the Church of Christ [Iglesia ni Cristo] way back in 1914
at Punta Sta. Ana. Manila Philippines.

Now the church is all over the place

Districts By World Region
Americas
Asia
Europe
Australia-Oceania
Africa

upload_2020-6-27_16-42-52.jpeg
upload_2020-6-27_16-43-4.jpeg
images
images
images
images
images
images

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-27_16-32-36.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-27_16-32-36.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2020-6-27_16-32-43.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-27_16-32-43.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 0

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Personally I try to feel what all these places represent. As such to me a small temple in one's own room, to the greatest temple built can have the same result, when we search out our heart.

The bigger the temple, one would hope that the greater level of unity is represented by its construction.

Regards Tony
That is a great statement. The room of our heart is the biggest temple we can build.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I dragged my father through Hindu temples during our cruise last Christmas. (He hates religious buildings).

Mauritius and the Seychelles

When I was in Paris in 2017. I took some pictures of Sacré Coeur.

Sacre Coeur

I also visited Notre Dame before it burned down.

That looked like an enjoyable trip. I hope your father got some inspiration from what interest you. My most memorable trips have been my pilgrimage to Haifa Isreal and buildings places of worship visited there.

I have found the journeys taken with spiritual intent are the most memorable.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is where our contributions to the church goes.
Newly built houses of worship, on our part, glorifies the Father

Haggai 1:8 New International Version (NIV)
Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.

View attachment 41059
This is one of the first houses of worship of the Church of Christ [Iglesia ni Cristo] way back in 1914
at Punta Sta. Ana. Manila Philippines.

Now the church is all over the place

Districts By World Region
Americas
Asia
Europe
Australia-Oceania
Africa

View attachment 41060View attachment 41061
images
images
images
images
images
images

I note that the directory only points to Main centres as many Churches of Christ are not noted in Australia.

I go to my local Church of Christ in Normanton. Here is a picture for you, also on a 2nd church that was also under church of christ at one time but for reasons now uses another name.
Aboriginal__Islander_Christian_Fellowship_-_Normanton_Christian_Centre-12745-4611.jpg
download.jpeg

MJFlores

I note that the directory only points to Main centres as many Churches of Christ are not noted in Australia.

I go to my local Church of Christ in Normanton. Here is a picture for you, also on a 2nd church that was also under church of christ at one time but for reasons now uses another name.
View attachment 41072 View attachment 41073

There are many churches which uses the name Church of Christ.

We however use Church of Christ [Iglesia ni Cristo] and we always display our signage
on all of our houses of worship

upload_2020-6-28_7-1-59.jpeg
images
images

So when you don't see this distinguishable and unique signage, most likely that is a different Church of Christ which I am not a member and thus totally different. Like these:

upload_2020-6-28_7-4-17.jpeg
upload_2020-6-28_7-4-49.jpeg
upload_2020-6-28_7-5-0.jpeg

When we couldn't find the distinct signage, well that's not it.

A typical look inside the Iglesia ni Cristo [Church of Christ] house of worship would look like this:

upload_2020-6-28_7-16-37.jpeg
images
upload_2020-6-28_7-20-54.jpeg