• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple Grandin

Lain

Anyone here see Temple Grandin? As someone with Autism (but not quite on her level) it was so true.

Temple Grandin (film) - Wikipedia

( you on the Autism scale? It's OK, share!)

I have seen it, and liked it very much. Looking at the date for it I now realize that my mom probably watched it with me near the time it came out (I am myself on the spectrum), for I thought it was much older than 2010. I related a lot to it.

Gargovic Malkav

Likely some kind of bot.
Aren't most posters here?

Oh well, the good thing with bots is that once you get to know them you know what you can expect from them.
But people... Why do they always have to make everything so complicated!? And yet.. I also kind of love them for that very same reason..

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't seen it.

As to whether or not I'm autistic, I really have no idea. I have two autistic children, and I can see autism in quite a few of my older family members on my dad's side of the family(that would be diagnoses now, but in those days, not much was known). I have some traits in me that may be considered to be autism related, but others that aren't. So who knows!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I haven't seen it.

As to whether or not I'm autistic, I really have no idea. I have two autistic children, and I can see autism in quite a few of my older family members on my dad's side of the family(that would be diagnoses now, but in those days, not much was known). I have some traits in me that may be considered to be autism related, but others that aren't. So who knows!
Due to the focus on white 5 year old boys in past years in regards to research on autism, the dsm 5 in my opinion can be lacking and is behind on a lot of things that are now being discovered regarding autism. This is why adult women tend to have issues getting diagnosed it's because they tend to present differently.

amorphous_constellation

Anyone here see Temple Grandin? As someone with Autism (but not quite on her level) it was so true.

Temple Grandin (film) - Wikipedia

( you on the Autism scale? It's OK, share!)

I had read her book 'Thinking in Pictures,' and thought it was useful for understanding more about that area of psychology, I suppose.

I was said to have something by the public school psychologist(s). I think I had fairly obvious abnormalities. This was never acknowledged much by my parents, who seem to want to believe in power of individual over that of what brain realities might dictate

Many difficulties with social interaction and focus in my life, but I just get on with it doing manual labor in the factory.

Well, short of going down the rabbit hole of trying to describe issues I've had, I'd say it's just a matter of becoming more 'objectively aware' of my lack of social skills and focus etc. I think I have memory problems as well, or suspect my memory doesn't work the same as other people

Anyway, in her variation, it seems like she must have had a huge visual cortex. I really appreciate the good she did, designing things that limited animal suffering more-so.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I haven't seen it.

It's a spectrum. Back in my day, they just called me 'Dumb' and bullied me.
I basically said and did nothing in school until puberty, which changed my brain wiring in some way.

For years I was just kicked up to the next grade to get me out of their hair. Bad school system.
It took them years to even figure out I was blind as a bat and couldn't see the blackboard.

I saw myself so clearly in my children. Their diagnose was my diagnose.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I had read her book 'Thinking in Pictures,' and thought it was useful for understanding more about that area of psychology, I suppose.

I was said to have something by the public school psychologist(s). I think I had fairly obvious abnormalities. This was never acknowledged much by my parents, who seem to want to believe in power of individual over that of what brain realities might dictate

Many difficulties with social interaction and focus in my life, but I just get on with it doing manual labor in the factory.

Well, short of going down the rabbit hole of trying to describe issues I've had, I'd say it's just a matter of becoming more 'objectively aware' of my lack of social skills and focus etc. I think I have memory problems as well, or suspect my memory doesn't work the same as other people

Anyway, in her variation, it seems like she must have had a huge visual cortex. I really appreciate the good she did, designing things that limited animal suffering more-so.

I have not read that book, but she's also got some rather long lectures on Youtube to see.

All of us have it rough, and all in different but related ways. I wish & pray for strength for you.

Animals are certainly a help, we relate to them on a whole different level. There are
organizations that feature autism therapy animals most times ponies. I have many animals
myself on my farm, they are all my therapy tho I have horses instead of ponies.