• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Template Foundation / Emin ??

B-Man

Has anyone had experiences with the Template Foundation (formally Emin) ??

I have read a lot about it on the web - all from non-beleivers. The believers, seem to be very secretive.

I am unsure - so was interested in anyone's real world experiences.

Cheers,

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi B-Man;

I know nothing about Template Foundatin/Emin, but I notice that this is the first time you have 'posted'; may I say 'Welcome', hope you find what you are looking for in this forum.
It would be nice if you could 'Introduce' yourself, say 'Hi' to everyone on the forum, tell us something about yourself.:)

B-Man

michel said:
Hi B-Man;

It would be nice if you could 'Introduce' yourself, say 'Hi' to everyone on the forum, tell us something about yourself.:)
Done - thanks for the prompter :)

dreadwear

And another Emin member here too. More than happy to speak of the Emin philosphy, as far as I can from my own experiences.

You won't get 'secretive' from me - although I can't say I can answer anything fully - does anything have an ultimate definitive answer anyway? If it did, wouldn't it then be deemed as already done and dusted? and dusty? :)

reve

I met Leo, Ruth, Ethra, Leo's sons and friends in 1974 and served a seven year apprenticeship with the man. The original promises were very different to today's Template. The first poster I saw was of the planet and it read 'help this lady she is pregnant'. We were going to be the world's best ever healers, learn the laws and develop soft heads so our brains could unfurl into the shape of an Egyptian white crown. We had Egypt nights when a few members were dressed up and became inhabited by ancient Egyptians and of course Leo talking to his alien friend Toir. It was great. Then it turned into a money making cult. I think the first payment was 5p towards the gas in Leo's Hackney flat. In 1974 it was £5 at Winscombe Street Hall. I cannot remember if it was then only £15 a week at the Temple in Putney around 1982. Anyway Leo decamped to a Florida mansion with his wife and Ethra leaving us with various dreadful egotistical wannabe Leo's to collect the money for him so I departed. I did get something out of it all. My father was a priest and came to see the man at Putney before he went to Florida. He loved all the holy looking, white tunic clad people sitting around the fountain of 'the little ease' although I assured him that I knew them all and it was practised acting hoping to attract the man and get a job collecting the money. That afternoon my Dad took away with him all the spirits that Leo had been collecting there and they are still here but no longer in a cage where Leo kept them. Leo was very upset after that and soon vanished to the States. No Egypt nights there now I am afraid. Greetings to your website and any old friends here who remember Reve. Fancy an Egypt night?

Zoser

Hi all

I have had over 30 years of experience with the Emin affair. Although no longer officially a member I still vigorously follow the work which for me unlocks the great mysteries of such important questions as 'why are human beings on the planet'.

For anyone seeking fresh, original and meaningful answers to the great questions then there is no better source than the Emin in my experience.

Leo produced a massive archive of work mainly written and audio, on the subject of Creations Laws, Healing, Immortality and Re-Incarnation, Human Evolution, Human Origins, The Man Woman Mystery, Ancient Cultures, Personal Religion, Personal Development, Understanding Our Culture and Time, and much much more too vast to list.

Like any organisation problems did occur within the affair, mainly caused by people's lack of development and ignorance. Leo him self passed away in 2002 and in my opinion he deserves to be regarded as the most enlightened, generous and religious person in the whole history of the human race.

For anyone interested in researching the Emin, I would urge them to study Leo's work, and pay less attention to hearsay and rumours regarding the financial issues and management of the affair. Leo left the UK to moved to Florida under the instructions of his doctor and it was primarily a health issue not a financial one. His enormous work output continued from his residence in Florida, it never stopped until he passed away.

So please ask if you want to know more and I would only be too pleased to help. Remember I am no longer an official member myself. I have researched and looked into many religions and organisations and nothing even comes close to the clarity and depth that the Emin offers.

Thanks for Reading

Z

Zoser

PS

The Emin itself is a highly religious arising and any thread about it should in my view be in a different category on this Forum.

Z

reve

Hi Zoser - is that your Emin name or your Egyptian name? I like your pyramid. Why is this the wrong place on the Forum do you think? Or is it the wrong Forum? There is a thread on david icke's forum which also is discussing the emin. Is that an even worse place would you think? I cannot disagree with you about some things but will say that the business empire was and is not compatible with a true way. I never minded paying my sub but was upset when I found myself enduring lectures from Ro instead of workshops with Leo and Orman. It was then clearly a Leo cult, something he would have hated but did not realise. And it was a business for all the ushers. But as you have been there for the last 30 years since I left you will know more. Did you meet Leo, Ruth, Orman or Ethra at any time? Or is your experience more with the archives and subsequent teachers who did know the Trio? I think it is significant because today's Emins are quite defensive and the old students like me tend to be more like Leo and Orman. Outspoken, cheeky and able to criticise while knowing our whole lives are the way and Leo invigorated them. And exasperated them of course.

I have got another password as I have been away. Do let me know more please.

reve x

malcolmwalker

Hi,

I saw your post about the Emin/Template Foundation. I'm hoping that you many be able to help me or at least clarify some points for me. A friend of mine entered the Church of the Emin Coils sometime around 1979 and I've periodically tried to locate him on the web over the years but have since found out members often change their name. He may still be part of the organisation ... I don't know. But a mutual friend has recently died and I really feel that I should contact this friend. Am I wasting my time or do you have any suggestions as to how I should go about trying to locate him? We once had a lot in common spiritually and it would be nice to catch up. I understand I may be being a bit naive in suggesting a member would want to 'catch up' with someone from the outside. Anyway, any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

leilasky

You could try contacting them via this email address:
[email protected]

Whenever I've contacted the people there, I've found them very helpful. Might not want to give out information about members though.

I was in the Emin for 10 years, all spent at Putney. It was a great experience that, for me, became too contrived in the end and lost its spontaneity. Emin 2 was a delight and Leo an inspiration. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Kai-Ro

Hi to fellow travellers of the Eminent Way. I was a member back in the 80's at Putney and numerous church halls around London. A most wonderful time, with mostly pretty wonderful people. To say I learnt a lot would be an enormous understatement.

leilasky

Hi Kai-Ro
I too was in the Eminent Way - my 10 years in the Emin was all spent at Putney just before the centre there closed. The lessons learned have stayed with me to this day and finding this organisation was like coming home for me. Like you say, wonderful times with wonderful people.

Juan Carlos

Firstly hello to all :).
I have a good friend (a great deal older than i) that was a regular visitor to Leos talks and was indeed fortunate to inherit a lot of leo's works on both cassette and on paper, what look to be typed by the great Leo himself. Wether it is down to my friend thinking i am incapable of understanding his writings or down to his own secrecy i really have no idea but i did eventually get him to lend me his papers on World history, Colour and a beginnings of a study of Number/Numerology. These writings blew me away in the sense that it all made total sense of everything, and explained things i had never even comprehended. Sadly still to this day he will not share or discuss further Leo's Papers and when i saw you saying i should study his works it leads to my next question...HOW? Who holds these writings? Can i access them? Are these the complete writings of Leo? Please if anyone can point towards the correct path i continue in my studies and stay on my chosen path, For me Leo's writings are of incredible importance and CANNOT be lost. I believe it was once Leo that wrote the greatest loss to mankind was the burning of the libraries at Alexandrea by Alexander the great, surely we should be driven to keeping this mans work alive and available to all who are open, willing and capable to digest it.

leilasky

Hi Juan Carlos

Here's the email address of the Template Foundation - they might be able to help you to find Leo's writings:

[email protected]

I have a lot of books from my time in the Emin and, you're right, they are amazing to read. The Emin used to have its own printing company but I don't think it's still operating.

Good luck with your search.

I have appreciated the respect I am reading about what Leo brought to the world through archives and meetings. I met the Emin in London in 1987 and currently live in California. There is nothing I have come across that contains such truth other than Gurdieff. For me the Emin is a living body of knowledge and in a world of hypnosis and deception the Emin is a path of truth.

What archives are you currently reading?

just-in

hi everyone.this is a horror video about what can become of a spiritual religious happening once the spirit of it is gone.
Leo has often warned about it saying beware of the Isabelle that is coming after me.the video is of poor quality and gives a distorted negative segment of the great work of a great man. if any one is interested in having a serious discussion of the issue of the Emin i am more then happy to partake.i was a senior emin member in the old emin days and left because of what seemed to be corruption setting in in the summer of 1986.