• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tempe Police Officers are asked to leave Starbucks because people felt unsafe

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Police officers were reportedly asked to leave a Tempe Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe, sparking the #DumpStarbucks campaign

This was a weird one. The police officers were asked to leave because some of the customers felt uncomfortable by their presence. I used to see the cops more at Dunkin Donuts, but not so much in recent years.

The tweets from the Tempe Officers Association allege that a group of six officers, including some veterans, entered a Starbucks at Scottsdale Road and McKellips in Tempe before their July 4 shift and purchased beverages. Then, a barista asked the officers to either remove themselves from a customer's line of sight or leave the store because the customer "did not feel safe" with the officers' presence.

A Starbucks spokesperson told USA Today that the company was gathering details about the incident, and had reached out to the Tempe Police Department and the Tempe Officers Association to apologize and ask for "better understand what happened."

The #DumpStarbucks hashtag on Twitter is primarily full of tweets criticizing the outrage itself, along with people making jokes about the lines at Starbucks being shorter due to police sympathizers boycotting the brand. Some also drew comparisons between an incident last year when two black men were arrested in a Starbucks while waiting for a business meeting after a barista called police.

I don't even go to Starbucks. QT's coffee isn't too bad.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
This was a weird one. The police officers were asked to leave because some of the customers felt uncomfortable by their presence.

Well when SB removed the requirement of having to purchase something to be in the store is when it started to go downhill. Since then homeless people come in and use the facilities, scattering feces and "other" bodily fluids all over the restrooms, clogging the pipes up, leaving behind used syringes, and many stores had to shut down the bathrooms because employees couldn't maintain the upkeep on the conditions of the bathrooms anymore.

https://pointofview.net/viewpoints/starbucks-and-the-homeless/

Not that I care, I've only been to a SB once and their coffee is p00p. But it's a great example of "go woke, get broke" in action.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Well when SB removed the requirement of having to purchase something to be in the store is when it started to go downhill. Since then homeless people come in and use the facilities, scattering feces and "other" bodily fluids all over the restrooms, clogging the pipes up, leaving behind used syringes, and many stores had to shut down the bathrooms because employees couldn't maintain the upkeep on the conditions of the bathrooms anymore.

https://pointofview.net/viewpoints/starbucks-and-the-homeless/

Not that I care, I've only been to a SB once and their coffee is p00p. But it's a great example of "go woke, get broke" in action.
I love how that Christian blog complains about the homeless

The Reverend Bob

With all the bad publicity that police are getting in Arizona due to their own actions can you blame the general public if they are wary of them?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I love how that Christian blog complains about the homeless

Maybe it's a sign that giving away free needles, allowing people to smear p00p anywhere they please, and turning away cops is a sign of the decay of society. I'd say so.

The Reverend Bob

Maybe it's a sign that giving away free needles, allowing people to smear p00p anywhere they please, and turning away cops is a sign of the decay of society. I'd say so.
Christian fundamentalism is a sign of the intellectual decay of America.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Police officers were reportedly asked to leave a Tempe Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe, sparking the #DumpStarbucks campaign

This was a weird one. The police officers were asked to leave because some of the customers felt uncomfortable by their presence. I used to see the cops more at Dunkin Donuts, but not so much in recent years.

I don't blame them. I was in Baja Fresh the other day and two cops walked in. One of them was prowling around like a cat, profiling everyone in the store. Stopping in the middle of the walkway, with his hand on his walkie-talkie, acting like he's the king of the world.

...I was happy to leave.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think the above officer should recieve the death penalty. And I think all officers should be publicly shamed in Arizona.

MURDERER..!!!

Officer Philip Brailsford, Mesa Police Department
10xp-Shooting-3-sub-jumbo-v2.jpg

Shad

Veteran Member

It is just pandering to SJW and paranoia of individuals. No worries those. All those fools will be screaming for the police when an individual needs them.

People will boycott a business for stupid or reasons different people will accept/reject. Let them. The reaction is just people virtue signalling (both sides) on twitter

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member

Cooky

Veteran Member
The reaction is just people virtue signalling (both sides) on twitter

Fom the link in the OP:
..."according to a series of tweets on Friday from the Tempe Officers Association."

"Now, the hashtag "#DumpStarbucks" is trending on Twitter, after the Tempe Officers Association tweeted"

...The Tempe Officers Association acting like the mafia posting their threats on twitter. They're like a gang.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Are you the type of person that becomes uncomfortable with cops and demands the removal of said cops from a business? Based solely on emotions as per uncomfortable not interaction with those individual cops in question?

I can tell by their mannerisms whether they're profiling people. When they start profiling, which they often do, I want them to either leave, or I leave.

...It's uncomfortable to watch, and I oppose that kind of aggressive personality type.

whirlingmerc

I can tell by their mannerisms whether they're profiling people. When they start profiling, which they often do, I want them to either leave, or I leave.

...It's uncomfortable to watch, and I oppose that kind of aggressive personality type.

It's a strange precedent. Police already have difficult jobs and I think it sends a bad message to them of ingratitude.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Somehow I bet whomever it was that asked these officers to leave are going to be out of a job as soon as Corporate hears about it.

Felt unsafe. Of course they did, they were illegals.

Starbucks is horrible. I thought they were a real coffee shop with Baristas. But no, the have coffee and the rest of their stuff is syrups.Sweet syrups.
There's a mini-mart on the east coast U.S. called Wawa. They have better coffee than Starbucks.