• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell Us About Your Day

Runt

Yup, go right ahead! Brag, rant, rave... tell us what happened with you today!

Rex

Founder
You sure you want to know!

:lol:

My day started at 12:02 a.m. I have been trying to fight off a cold for 2 days and it has been killing me!!

So I called into work sick, Laid on the couch, and counted the minutes until I was able to fall asleep which was for only 2 hours.

AFter that stayed on the couch for a while.

ugh!

Runt

LMAO... but I shouldn't be laughing. I hope you feel better!

I got to sleep in today because we had a late start at school (all the wee ones had testing so the seniors got to come in late :p), I wrote a little bit this afternoon (the short poem "Last Left To Mourn" on the Elfwood site, if anyone cares to read it), and I'm now trying to decide whether to go to taekwondo or choir rehersal tonight (since both are at the same time).

Lightkeeper

I'm an outside salesperson with a home office. I made about six in person calls, stopped at my official office to chat, came back home. While I was out I posted several fliers with tear off strips for ReligiousForums.com. I left them at libraries, Grocery Store bulletin board, Unity Church, and a health club bulletin board. Let me know if there are new members from Washington. I would like to see if what I did works. While at home during the day I posted here. I also returned several customer phone calls, placed orders and gave quotes. I did a load of wash also. Now I get to watch American Idol.

Master Vigil

I had to go to class, but i skipped my first one just because... then I had to go and buy a present for my girlfriend (1 year anniversary :) Then I came home and had to wash my grams car. And then I meditated for my usual 2 hours. Then I also decided whether I should have gone to Tang Soo Do (another korean martial art, more traditional than tae kwon do but still very similar) or not. By the way runt, what belt are you?? I am an E-Dan, or 2nd degree black belt. I am an instructor at a C.S.Kim Karate school that i am hoping to take over next year? Well, i decided not to go because I had alot to do for school and such. I am doing a presentation on Taoism and Zen on friday. So it was a busy day. But now it is almost over and I am happy to go to sleep soon. :)

Runt

Today I suffered through yet another day of school, had NO time to write, lost my drivers permit (grr), and discovered new bruises on my shins from sparring last night (someone blocked my kick with his KNEE! Ow!) that will undoubtedly be nice and dark just in time for Prom... where I'm wearing a calf-length dress... *cries*

But now I'm home, listening to good music, drinking a root beer, preparing to go to a new member's meeting at the UU Church, and plotting how to beat the kid who gave me the bruise in tonight's sparring class... so its all good. :p

And Master Vigil, I'm just a lowly green belt. Smack in the middle of the "intermediate" level. But for some odd reason ballet training is really giving me an advantage over my classmates... who ever would have guessed? Ballerinas ARE mighty after all! :)

Master Vigil

Dance can give you flexibility and coordination. That helps big time with martial arts. Especially a striking martial art. I hope you beat the kid who blocked your kick. I'm going to a tournament this weekend in cincinatti, its olympic style tae kwon do. I have to wear those chest protectors. I hate those things, i can't move freely in them. But oh well. Maybe it will work out for the best in the end. Take care, and good luck with your training!!!

Runt

I thought the chest protectors don't have to be worn until the World Championships... But, are you ATA or WTF? World Taekwondo Federation may have different rules...

Runt

I'm leaving in 10 minutes for a nail-hair-makeup appointment to prepare for prom this evening. I'm going with my senior english class (we're all friends-there are only 9 of us :p) since the guy I'm seeing DITCHED me to go to his own senior prom--*******! My class, the bunch of "geeks" that we are, are having dinner at our teacher's house (she said she wanted to do something "nice" for us before we graduate, so, since she caters and apparently makes really good, fancy food--rice, black beans, and scallaps.... pumpkin soup... lime-cheesecake... salad with orange-cream dressing...etc etc etc--we're letting her treat us to dinner.) The prom theme is "Midsummer Night's Dream" and I have a dress that makes me look like a gothic fairy... it is fun.

Rex

Founder
Runt said:
I'm leaving in 10 minutes for a nail-hair-makeup appointment to prepare for prom this evening. I'm going with my senior english class (we're all friends-there are only 9 of us :p) since the guy I'm seeing DITCHED me to go to his own senior prom--*******! My class, the bunch of "geeks" that we are, are having dinner at our teacher's house (she said she wanted to do something "nice" for us before we graduate, so, since she caters and apparently makes really good, fancy food--rice, black beans, and scallaps.... pumpkin soup... lime-cheesecake... salad with orange-cream dressing...etc etc etc--we're letting her treat us to dinner.) The prom theme is "Midsummer Night's Dream" and I have a dress that makes me look like a gothic fairy... it is fun.

we need some pics!

Runt

LMAO, I have a friend there who was taking pictures with his digital camera... in fact, ALL he did was take pictures (in fact, all he EVER does is take pictures... he's kinda a weird kid o_O). Undoubtedly he'll put them on his website, and then I'll show ya'll. :p

Master Vigil

I am actually not tae kwon do, I teach tang soo do. Tang soo do is a more traditional korean martial art which came before tae kwon do. My organization is International Tang Soo Do Federation. One of the biggest in the world. And its great cuz the president and grandmaster is only 40 minutes away from me and i get to train with him every tuesday.

If you want to visit our website to learn more about it, its... http://www.cskimkarate.com

or http://www.internationaltangsoodofederation.com

Runt

Awesome! I train under a good teacher too... the only 7th degree blackbelt Master in Arizona, and he's GOOD for an old guy!

Runt

LOL, making fun of my youth? 25 isn't THAT old compared to me!

He's 54, I think.

Master Vigil

Yeah my Choong Jae Nim is 9th degree, and like 63, and he can still kick my ***!!! My Sa Bum Nim is 6th degree, and like 51, and kicks as much *** as master kim. Their minds are so amazingly wise too. Especially my Choong Jae Nim, Master Kim.