• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me your doubt/why you do not believe Christianity

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well first I will tell you the most important things in christianity
You mean what YOU think are the most important things, don't you?
Human problem : we are all sinned. All sinners shall be banished!
This is manifestly false. The newborn infant cannot possibly be a sinner, as it has had zero opportunity. To credit it with being a sinner can thus only be a complete and utter failure on the God that you suppose to be its creator. And since sin essentially means "falling short" (another way of saying "failure"), the big sinner in that case is God.
God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life
It is an absolutely absurd notion to suppose that the death of some innocent person can clear up the crimes of some other person … or billions of other persons. The father who accepts death as atonement for his own son's crime does not make that son innocent...he's as guilty as he ever was, only now infinitely more evil for having let his own father take the rap for him.
After life : live with God forever
And what were you doing before life? If you make this assumption that you have an immortal soul that can survive you body's death, then you presumably think that same immortal soul (which cannot have ever not existed, since then it wouldn't be immortal) must have been doing something.

SO what were you doing before you were born?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi hi there~

Ou wow there is Hindu :D this is my first time hear about it nor talk to hindus

Well we are christian also have spiritual experieces. It is like healing, love, joy, and sooooo much of them.

We are also led to clearly visible improvements in my outlook and character and in the quality of both personal and professional life.

Well we are also not conflic with science. It is just a christian old culture about "don't asking just believe" so when we feel like we are offended we are not seeking it on the bible. Actualy science are in bible also. They could stand together.

Still here I don't really actually find that I need to believe in Hindu. But can you tell me more about you God (theology) and also about caste and your religion history?
I can. But I see that you are flooded with many many replies here. A new thread is probably the best way to go about it for having a good discussion about Hinduism and Christianity. If that is ok, I will create one. What do you say?

Flame

Beware
I just don't feel connected to Christianity in anyway, despite being raised Roman Catholic.

I feel like I have more of a connection to Shiva and Kali.

Pudding

Tell me your doubt/why you do not believe Christianity
There're many different versions of Christianity.
Some versions are anti-gay, some others don't.
Some versions are pro-misogyny, some others don't.
Some versions are pro-slavery, many others don't.
Some versions are pro-racism, many others don't.
Some versions are anti-blood donation, many others don't.

Which version of Christianity (denomination) are you referring to in your question?

Btw, i do not believe any version of Christianity nor any other non-Christianity religion because i haven't been convince to believe any one of them.

God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life

I see, that's what you believe. Do you wish to convince me to believe what you believe? If you do, please provide evidence to backup your claims. Note: I do not believe in authority of any versions of Bible, so providing scriptures will not convince me.

I do not believe in authority of any versions of Bible because i haven't been convince to believe any one of them.

Moreover, a lot of believers from a lot of different versions of Christianity a lot of time just cherry pick which Bible passages they accept as true by using the method of:

1. Claiming some specific scriptures are non-literal and/or metaphor, so it doesn't say what it say, some laws have been fulfilled so they don't need to obey it anymore, vise versa.

Christianity version 1: God says we cannot do action A and B, but we can do action C and D, because scriptures say so.
Christianity version 2: Wrong, the specific scriptures you referring to are non-literal and/or metaphor, so it doesn't say what it say. Otoh, God says we have to obey his laws E and D, otherwise we'll go to hell.
Christianity version 3: Wrong, God says laws E and D have been fulfilled, so we don't need to obey it anymore, yeah!
Christianity version 4: When did God says so? God never says so! It haven't been fulfilled, you still need to obey it, because my true interpretation says so.
Christianity version 5: No, my true interpretation says that laws E have been fulfilled but law D haven't, you gotta believe me or you'll regret one day. I pray that God will open your blind eyes someday.
etc

2. Simutaneouly claiming that only their self-acclaimed true interpretation can correctly decipher the real meanings of God's words.

Christianity version 6: Only my self-acclaimed true interpretation version 6 can accurately speak for God.
Christianity version 7: Wrong, my true interpretation version 7 is accurate than yours.
Christianity version 8: You'll go to hell if you don't believe in my true interpretation version 8.
etc

So where is God and what does he says?
God (if he exist): (silence and invisible)
God (if he doesn't exist): (also silence and invisible)

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

Human problem : we are all sinned. All sinners shall be banished!.

Aaaaand? THAT IS WHY I cannot accept your brutal, torturing god. An All Knowing, All Powerful god would have never created this "all have sinned" crapfest.

That's just an Ant Bully: Create an Ant Colony, and then delight in torturing them for BEING ANTS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life.

So. Your monster-god's "solution" is a brutal torture and murder scheme?

WHY NOT SIMPLY FORGIVE? Too much to ask? Your god delights in the brutal torture of people? Well, that's how it appears...

I'd rather not. Your god seems quite monstrous. Unworthy of the title 'god'.

Being anywhere it is? Would be ... torture.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Well that sin must not have been so bad, if paying was reduced to a mere three days of staying dead, before returning alive and kicking as master of the Universe.

And the big deal is...?

I thought it was much worse than that. I don’t know, one month dead?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

This is the kind of irrational assertion that convinced me that Christianity is mostly fiction.

If there is a God, He made us as we are. Blaming Adam and Eve for everything from tsunamis and viruses and tornadoes, to our instinctive behaviors like rape, murder, and theft is irrational.

Blaming humans for the way God made us and the Creation we are born into is sufficient evidence to me that Christianity is fiction Created by primitive people. People who wanted to Create a God in their own Image, and then force that upon other people who don't share their God Image.
Like me.
Tom

I like your insight Tom.

Jeremiah Ames

What reason do I have to believe that you know God?

Thanks for your reasonable question.

I can only say this:

When I was yound and knew that I knew everything, I could not find God.
When I got older and knew that I knew everything I needed to know, I could not find God.
When I got older and realized that I knew absolutely nothing, God came to me.

Since that time I now know that I know much more than I have ever known, yet I still know nothing.

My question to you is: why do you believe you don’t know God?

David1967

Premium Member
I now understand that Christianity was not the original faith of my ancestors.

Nor mine. My ancestors were European Pagans who hid many of their traditions inside the new religion of Christianity.

I feel Baptist Christianity was a forced acclimation upon slaves who subsequently incorporated music, song and dance to hide the pains of slavery.

That is an interesting fact. I have noticed that the majority of African American churches in my part of the country are Baptist still. However, they tend to be Missionary Baptist and not Southern Baptist.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Thanks for your reasonable question.

I can only say this:

When I was yound and knew that I knew everything, I could not find God.
When I got older and knew that I knew everything I needed to know, I could not find God.
When I got older and realized that I knew absolutely nothing, God came to me.

Since that time I now know that I know much more than I have ever known, yet I still know nothing.
What in any of that do you think is a reason for me to think that you know God?

My question to you is: why do you believe you don’t know God?
Because I don't? I know my own mind. I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

Jeremiah Ames

Again: I have no reason to think you can "see" God.

I don't hate you; if anything, I lean towards pity.

“Pity is not genuine empathy or compassion. Pity is based on the premise: “Your vulnerability allows me an opportunity to be superior.” The person feeling pity for another is not doing the object of the pity any favors. “. Dr. Michael J Hurd

It may be better for you to just hate.

Jeremiah Ames

Ahm, in my book love is not just thoughts but words and acts. God doesn't act like [he] loves people. [He] neither says nor does ─ ever.

Thanks for replying.
I notice your religion is “skeptical”

So my question, would you be interested in knowing more about the Bible if you were able to read it and ONLY see God as love.
No hate, no anger, no destruction, no smiting?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
“Pity is not genuine empathy or compassion. Pity is based on the premise: “Your vulnerability allows me an opportunity to be superior.” The person feeling pity for another is not doing the object of the pity any favors. “. Dr. Michael J Hurd

It may be better for you to just hate.
Whatever. This all strikes me as an elaborate way for you to avoid my questions.

If you don't want me to pity you, keep being evasive; do it long enough and you may rid me of any sympathy for you.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for replying.
I notice your religion is “skeptical”

So my question, would you be interested in knowing more about the Bible if you were able to read it and ONLY see God as love.
No hate, no anger, no destruction, no smiting?
It's not that I'm unfamiliar with the bible. But what you suggest, I fear, would be a disregarding of the text. The historian side of my nature respects old texts for what they actually say, as clues to the thoughts and intentions of their authors, clues to ancient outlooks and sensibilities.

And the further complication is that I've never found a definition of "God" that would be appropriate for a real god, a god with objective existence; which is one reason why I think gods are concepts, not real beings, and exist only as imagined by each individual.

(If you have a definition of 'god' sufficient to allow anyone to tell whether any real being or entity is god or not, I'd be pleased to hear it.)

Jeremiah Ames

Ok. What you say may be 100% true. If so, how are you going to apply it to your life on earth?

Ellen Brown

Often research done by Christians is sloppy and inaccurate. Those who sin, or are thought to sin are often treated with absolute brutality. Often Christians have a poor understanding of the facts of an issue and misinterpret incidents to be willful sin, when in fact it was a disease process, or something else.