• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me your doubt/why you do not believe Christianity

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
I discovered that the teachings of Yeshua as found in Q-lite are Tantric-mystic in nature but the surrounding Christian texts in the Christian Bible much less so. Hence Christianity does not appeal to me whereas the teachings of Yeshua do. Christians follow the bishops rather than Yeshua.

QuestioningMind

many quakers recognize christ as all beings as being sacred and thus show them reverence.
Well first I will tell you the most important things in christianity

Human problem : we are all sinned. All sinners shall be banished!

God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life

After life : live with God forever

For same reason that I do not believe in Vishnu and Odin and Ra. There is simply no credible evidence that it is anything more than man made mythology.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But the serpent was always going to tempt mankind.
So, why did "God" leave the serpent alone with such naifs as A&E? Where was omnimax God, at the time?

How come humans show such clear signs of being similar to amoral creatures like chimpanzees? We're a bit more able to think abstractly. We have opposable thumbs and better vocalizing. But we aren't all that different, as far as the Creator made us.
Quite the contrary, we teach each other to avoid our God Given Nature. Some learn better than others. But we never learn morality from God, we only learn it from other humans. Proof enough that there is no God who cares about what we believe, do, or what happens to us.
Tom

Ellen Brown

So do I.
But I don't believe that God is a sentient being that cares a whit about humans.
I see less than no reason to believe in that sort of God. That's really irrational.
Tom

I support your right to believe as you will.

I need and believe in God; the one that seems to have seemingly endless patience with his creation. The rule mongers in belief in that Creator are what make seeking Him a miserable pursuit. In the OT there are several instances of God speaking to and taking certain people. "Abraham was a friend of God", And "Enoch Walked with God and he was not". It just goes on and on.

Jeremiah Ames

J
I for one do not doubt Jesus, nor doubt his message. As someone who was raised baptist Christian and have grown up and have since been educated on the historical influence of Christianity to African-American culture I now understand that Christianity was not the original faith of my ancestors.

I feel Baptist Christianity was a forced acclimation upon slaves who subsequently incorporated music, song and dance to hide the pains of slavery. I ultimately gave up Christianity because I never found truth in it. I personally believe in the rabbinical teachings of Jesus and this the teachings of Judaism as it was taught on a universal level.

I believe Jesus had it right when he talks about compassion and giving one’s life for their friends. I believe in the original unaltered message of Jesus but as contemporary Christianity as it exists today and the hypocrisy I see in its activity in the world I do not believe in it.

I must agree with you completely.

The Christianity being peddled by most churches today is too far from Jesus for me. They all talk about Jesus, but they hide him behind endless layers of dogma, doctrine, rituals, duties, rules, hypocrisy, etc.

My wife and I have our own private bible study, and the majority is devoted to the prophets, as well as the gospels.

Jeremiah Ames

So, why did "God" leave the serpent alone with such naifs as A&E? Where was omnimax God, at the time?

How come humans show such clear signs of being similar to amoral creatures like chimpanzees? We're a bit more able to think abstractly. We have opposable thumbs and better vocalizing. But we aren't all that different, as far as the Creator made us.
Quite the contrary, we teach each other to avoid our God Given Nature. Some learn better than others. But we never learn morality from God, we only learn it from other humans. Proof enough that there is no God who cares about what we believe, do, or what happens to us.
Tom

omg.

How can a chimpanzee be immoral?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Untrue ─ we humans have our natural instincts, appetites, motives and morality.
God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life
First, there is no coherent concept of a real god, a god with objective existence. To talk of gods is to talk of imaginary beings.

Second, the Christian god is imagined as omnipotent, so there was never the slightest reason for [him] to go through the ridiculous ritual of sacrificing "[his] son" to [him]self. [He] could have achieved anything [he] wanted with one snap of those omnipotent fingers.

Third, doesn't it seem wholly ridiculous to you that 'God so loved the world' that [he] made 'redemption' conditional? Isn't that what a salesman would do, Buy my snake oil or you'll die!!! ?

A loving parent would say, 'Okay, we're sorted, it's all cool now.' A kind boss or school principal would say, 'Okay, all of you, take the rest of the day off!'

But God says, 'IF and only IF you apply your lips to my bottom, I won't destroy you'. That's not an unfair representation of the Christian message, is it?
Why?

What benefit is that to God?

What benefit is that to humans? All the desirable aspects of life, all the appetites and satisfactions and pleasures, the love and competition and society, arise from our biochemistry. The dead have no biochemistry.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Jesus did not believe in the core tenets of the modern Christianity, Jesus was not even a Christian, he was a Jew.
Right, please?
Regards

Jeremiah Ames

Untrue ─ we humans have our natural instincts, appetites, motives and morality.
First, there is no coherent concept of a real god, a god with objective existence. To talk of gods is to talk of imaginary beings.

Second, the Christian god is imagined as omnipotent, so there was never the slightest reason for [him] to go through the ridiculous ritual of sacrificing "[his] son" to [him]self. [He] could have achieved anything [he] wanted with one snap of those omnipotent fingers.

Third, doesn't it seem wholly ridiculous to you that 'God so loved the world' that [he] made 'redemption' conditional? Isn't that what a salesman would do, Buy my snake oil or you'll die!!! ?

A loving parent would say, 'Okay, we're sorted, it's all cool now.' A kind boss or school principal would say, 'Okay, all of you, take the rest of the day off!'

But God says, 'IF and only IF you apply your lips to my bottom, I won't destroy you'. That's not an unfair representation of the Christian message, is it?
Why?

What benefit is that to God?

What benefit is that to humans? All the desirable aspects of life, all the appetites and satisfactions and pleasures, the love and competition and society, arise from our biochemistry. The dead have no biochemistry.

Your assessment is not an unfair representation of the Christian message, as delivered by so many in the religion.

But many Christians really don’t know God.
They know their religion.

The one and only God does not even say what your hypothetical parent said. The one and only God doesn’t have to get sorted or cool with anyone. He can only love his people. (Of which you are one)

Looncall

Sounds like a vicious scam to me , not real at all.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
world know how painful your past is. It is really God's work so you guys can still strong to live you life.

I'm not taking credit for anything my ancestors did I was just making a point on the evolution of my thought process concerning this. I was merely highlighting the fact that religion was an element in converting slaves and subsequently the development of Christianity among African-Americans. Not just here in the United States but even in Africa. Look at what so-called Christians did to plot against Africans as per the letter of King Leopold II:

Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots:

The task that is given to fulfill is very delicate and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the n!****s to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi, one Nzakomba, and what else I don’t know.

They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else’s wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on dis-interesting our savages from the richness that is plenty [in their underground. To avoid that, they get interested in it, and make you murderous] competition and dream one day to overthrow you.

Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It’s very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.” You have to detach from them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic System and their war fetish – warfare protection – which they pretend not to want to abandon, and you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.

Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won’t revolt when the recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent’s teachings. The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to read and not to reason.

There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the n!ggers so that they stay forever in submission to the White colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day – “Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”

Letter From King Leopold II to Colonial Missionaries Heading to Africa

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The one and only God does not even say what your hypothetical parent said. The one and only God doesn’t have to get sorted or cool with anyone. He can only love his people. (Of which you are one)
Ahm, in my book love is not just thoughts but words and acts. God doesn't act like [he] loves people. [He] neither says nor does ─ ever.

Tiberius

The claim that we are all sinners requires some clarification.

What is sin? If we are to claim that sin is a crime against God, then the entire concept of sin seems to be just telling us that we have done something bad to guilt trip us into doing something about it. In other words, sin is an imaginary disease invented to sell us an imaginary cure.

And God's solution, crucifying Jesus, seems to have problems. Why did God require a sacrifice? I am perfectly capable of forgiving people without requiring a sacrifice.

Now to answer the question that you asked in the thread title (and strangely never mentioned in the opening post), I do not believe in God because I do not see sufficient evidence in the real world to justify belief in a deity, and I have found that all the arguments that I have seen for the existence of God do not hold up to scrutiny. I'd be happy to go into more detail, but as you can imagine, explaining why I am unconvinced by each and every one of the arguments for God would be very time consuming. So, if you ask me about a specific argument for God, I'll explain in more detail why I find that particular argument unconvincing.