• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me your doubt/why you do not believe Christianity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
As in the John 14:20 Jesus and Father is one. If God is Father also Jesus. Besides Jesus used prerogative right that just had by God. So he is God. Also alot of other evidence that said Jesus is God. It need 1 hour to explained it.

And as I said we are (christians) was seperated from God because God cannot be one with sin. For because Jesus Christ has death for us. He has ransomed us.
many quakers recognize christ as all beings as being sacred and thus show them reverence.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well first I will tell you the most important things in christianity

Human problem : we are all sinned. All sinners shall be banished!

God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life

After life : live with God forever
I disagree with your premises.
Sin? -- an Abrahamic concept. Banishment? What does that mean? Banished from what? Banished how?
I question "God's solution." Solution to what?

The Jesus story is not only unevidenced, but the interpretation is fantastical. And doesn't a "solution" presuppose a problem? What evidence is there for a problem?

The whole Bible story is unevidenced. Much of it is fantasy. Much is religious propaganda and interpretation, based on a preconceived belief system.

What empirical support does Christian mythology have that's any different from the support for Norse, Egyptian, Indian, or Maya mythology?

Call me name

I'm christian
The lack of justification for any of it.

Is this your first time interacting with non-Christians? You seem sincerely surprised that people wouldn't automatically accept the Christian message.
Nope i know it. Well I just deliver the message and cast away the doubt. But every doubt must be have it own reason. Now here I am trying to answered it.

Well about Justification. Maybe we think that it so silly. Just believe and saved? What?

Well this is more reasonable than we need to do something for to be saved. When we do something to be saved actualy we are made sin again because we are not sincere with our good deeds and sacrifice. Hope this answered.

If there something else just ask me again ya :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hm.
Well let me ask again how could you explain the happened of this so tidy and measured up universe without God?

Actually, I don't know. I never pondered it until I came on this website. Everyone's beliefs are very interesting some more exotic than others.

The nature and movement of the universe is dependent on energy. While we feel there is a pattern, to nature, there isn't. We try to make sense of the world so our brains do so by organizing our thoughts and the outside world. Since we don't know, we develop a lot of cultural and religious means to "find out" the answers. It gives some people comfort, community, and sense of being.

Let me ask, when you say god, do you mean a deity? A being? Like a person?

Well of course science you think you are not sinned

I never was big on science. During the day, I don't have a chance to sin. I'm mostly at home and nowadays on the computer until I can find work at the same time. I have no reason to sin.

It really depends on the environment too. I was talking to someone yesterday or couple days ago. He said he never had a inner accidental thought that hurt someone (not physically) without them knowing it. I know in the bible it says you can sin without doing anything. I guess it depends on what you believe. Some things are sins like worshiping idols but in general, it isn't a sin at all. It doesn't harm oneself or others, so...

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Mmm

Mmm we are not see all being is sacred. Actualy we are see everything is broken by darkness (sin)
quakers, who identify as christian, see the potential for light and love in all. we're not discussing what other's see, believe.

QuestioningMind

Mmm

Mmm we are not see all being is sacred. Actualy we are see everything is broken by darkness (sin)

What a sad and depressing view of the world you have. If that's what it means to be a Christian then I don't want to have anything to do with it. It has completely blinded you to the beauty of life so that all you see is fear and ugliness.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This is the kind of irrational assertion that convinced me that Christianity is mostly fiction.

If there is a God, He made us as we are. Blaming Adam and Eve for everything from tsunamis and viruses and tornadoes, to our instinctive behaviors like rape, murder, and theft is irrational.

Blaming humans for the way God made us and the Creation we are born into is sufficient evidence to me that Christianity is fiction Created by primitive people. People who wanted to Create a God in their own Image, and then force that upon other people who don't share their God Image.
Like me.
Tom

Ellen Brown

God's solution : He gave His child to crusified to paid all over our sin. So everyone who believe on Jesus will be saved, not banished, and have eternal life

I believe in God full stop.

The Christians talk about Jesus the Christ and many other things. The Christians I have experienced do little to convince me it is all real because many violate their own beliefs.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Genesis creation story, noahs ark, jonah and the whale, these all read like comic book stories.

The sweeping general judgment of all mankind as sinners deserving hell. This is not a just judgment.

The idea of an innocent person must pay for the guilty to satisfy justice to redeem the guilty. If anything it becomes more unjust.

The conformist pressure to accept the ideology or face hell.

It is clearly a flawed human book, the bible.

GoodbyeDave

Why did I stop believing in Christianity?

1. Jesus was not a Christian! He claimed to be the Jewish Messiah and denied that he intended to altar the Jewish law.

2. I cannot accept that we are born sinners. We are born with the capacity to learn to be good, just as we are born able to learn a language: we just need to be taught and to practice.

3. I cannot accept the doctrine of atonement. If I have committed a crime, then I need to be punished: for the punishment to be visited on some-one else, even if they are willing, makes no sense.

4. I see no evidence for the resurrection. No-one saw it, only an empty tomb. The stories of people seeing the physical body of the risen Jesus are all late. Paul was right in saying that the resurrection was important, so why wasn't it done publicly?

5. Jesus made prophecies that did not come true, like saying that his hearers would live to see the end of the world.

6. I cannot accept his teaching. For example, belief that the faults of one life-time justify eternal punishment seems the hight of immorality; even Islam teaches that hell is not eternal.

7. What of all the people who lived before Jesus? If the "incarnation" made the world a better place, why didn't it happen earlier? If the people who lived earlier were not the worse for it, why did it happen at all?

8. If the creator wanted to communicate to mankind, why do it through one obscure figure in an obscure corner of the world? If course the Baha'i will say he did it many times, but they quote people for whom there is no evidence (Moses) or whose teaching is even worse than that of Jesus (Muhammad).

I could go on, but you get the general idea.

A Vestigial Mote

Tell me your doubt/why you do not believe Christianity
Most things believers have to say are not compelling. They do not make me feel anything. They do not make me believe. They are not at all convincing. Most things believers say about their religion and about God sound like stories to me. My intuition tells me it is all false, and when I then look to the world around me to verify, I see nothing but things that support the idea that it is all false.

If God truly sends the believers to attempt to persuade non-believers, then why are their arguments not more compelling? In general, I have found that the more rational, and logical a person is, the more likely they are to be skeptical of the claims of religions. It would be a start, at least, if religious people could convince these skeptics, but that happens far less often than believers becoming convinced that their beliefs are false. If God cannot win people over with his chosen tools (people) then can it really be that He exists as Christians claim? I don't think it can be.

lostwanderingsoul

I do not doubt Christianity but many people who say they are Christians believe things that are completely different from what Christ taught. So I doubt the beliefs of many who claim to be Christian.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nope i know it. Well I just deliver the message and cast away the doubt. But every doubt must be have it own reason. Now here I am trying to answered it.

Well about Justification. Maybe we think that it so silly. Just believe and saved? What?
Back up a few steps: I don't even see a reason to believe that God exists. Maybe deal with that before you jump into your beliefs about the plan of salvation.

Well this is more reasonable than we need to do something for to be saved. When we do something to be saved actualy we are made sin again because we are not sincere with our good deeds and sacrifice. Hope this answered.
I don't think it's reasonable to believe that God "saves" people at all. First establish that an afterlife is real, then argue for how you think people will get there.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I don't believe in Christianity because it makes no sense to me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I do not doubt Christianity but many people who say they are Christians believe things that are completely different from what Christ taught. So I doubt the beliefs of many who claim to be Christian.
But nobody knows what Christ taught.
People just interpret the writings of later folks, and then claim things like "Jesus said..." when it's demonstrably untrue. Jesus didn't say anything in modern English.
Tom

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But nobody knows what Christ taught.
People just interpret the writings of later folks, and then claim things like "Jesus said..." when it's demonstrably untrue. Jesus didn't say anything in modern English.
Tom
Attacking bankers with a bullwhip sends a message that transcends language.

:D

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

Quite apart from seeing absolutely no reason to take the idea of god(s) at all seriously, Christianity is absurd. The "human problem" of which you speak, would actually be god's fault - it's god who made us sinners in the first place. If this god didn't want people to sin it should have made better people.

Secondly, the "solution" is barbaric, bizarre, and unjust.