• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why my personal belief is wrong

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I'm guessing you have a conviction there is a God, but all these religions don't quite fit the conviction of who that God is.

I'm guessing that there is profound wisdom in a lot of different scriptures. Yet perhaps they don't all add up for you. So maybe that's why you chose Ba'hai.

If also I had to guess you might think all spiritual paths, and all religious paths lead to God. It's simply a matter of which one is right for you.

My personal opinion is that if a supreme being(s) exists than he/she don't want to be known and probably would frown upon the word God, and probably has nothing to do with our universe.

Maybe there is a good moral reason why humanity is truly on their own.

One of the reasons I reject most religions is that none of them match actual existence to me.

One of the reasons I think maybe supreme beings exist is the moral argument.

I think religion is wrong about God's existence because I find no supreme qualities to existence. Life is a side show in the vast mostly lifeless cosmos.

Anyways I think truth is more important than Gods anyways.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I was hoping that people would understand that this OP was and still is, an attempt to let people openly reply to why they find my belief to be wrong.

I don't have a need to protect my belief anymore, because i know and unde4stand my previous way of "protecting by use of anger" was a false and wrong way.

People are free to say and think what they do.
In the OP i was just curious to why some think a personal belief as example in Baha'i is wrong (to them that would be)

So critique are ok. But know that i will see it as your or their understanding of what others belief.

You might do better with a less open ended question. "Why is my belief wrong?" What is someone supposed to do with that? Set out an entire critique of the Baha'i faith? What you got from those who tried was predictable. A disagreement of theism in general.

Perhaps if you picked a particular aspect of your faith, set out why you believe it, and invited comments?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You might do better with a less open ended question. "Why is my belief wrong?" What is someone supposed to do with that? Set out an entire critique of the Baha'i faith? What you got from those who tried was predictable. A disagreement of theism in general.

Perhaps if you picked a particular aspect of your faith, set out why you believe it, and invited comments?
There has been multiple different OP about Baha'i that was negative in their wording. Yes it affected me in the beginning, until I realized it was a test, test to see if I run away again. I didn't run in the end. I solved my own issue by using the teaching to guide me.

Heyo

Veteran Member
This is where it depends on what you mean by "wrong." If it cannot be demonstrated scientifically, then it would be scientifically wrong.
Nope. Things not scientifically demonstrated are simply that, not yet examined.
Scientifically wrong would be something that contradicts the scientific consensus and can be shown to be not in concord with scientific axioms.
Something that can't be scientifically disproven is not even wrong.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Nope. Things not scientifically demonstrated are simply that, not yet examined.
Scientifically wrong would be something that contradicts the scientific consensus and can be shown to be not in concord with scientific axioms.
Something that can't be scientifically disproven is not even wrong.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I believe in reincarnation
I’m curious….why?

(Please don’t think I’m attacking your beliefs; I was accused of that a few days ago just because I was asking a couple questions.)

On what basis do you hold this view, my cousin?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I still have no problem seeing Baha'i teaching as right too.
You believe differently than I do, i do not see a problem with that.

Yes you do believe differently than I do. For me it is one or the other and the 2 cannot be right at the same time. And since Jesus is the one who fulfilled prophecy, He is right. And since He left information and warning about what to expect (false Christs), then I listen to that information and warnings and see them as true.
Those who come in a different way than prophesied and are not the same Jesus that the disciples saw going up to heaven are false Christs. It's a simple and logical concept that serves Christians well.
But maybe you are right where you belong at this time.

Brian2

Veteran Member
We have a different interpretation, and we don't believe that every historical event is recounted completely accurately, if it comes to that.

Yes I know that you have to say the Bible is wrong. It says that the same Jesus the disciples saw going up would return in the same way they saw Him go and Baha'u'llah is not the same Jesus and did not "return" at all and did not come in the same way that the disciples saw Jesus go up.
You have to deny the Bible and interpret away any information in the Bible which shows Baha'u'llah to be a false Christ.
It's like if Baha'u'llah had said that he was going to come back to earth and that anyone who came claiming to be the return of Baha'u'llah who was wearing a green beret was not the return of Baha'u'llah. If someone came wearing a green beret and claimed to be the return of Baha'u'llah, you would say they are lying.
You should be able to understand the Bible believing Christians pov on the subject.
It is interesting that Baha'i wants to say that Christians who have recognised Baha'u'llah to be the return of Christ are somehow superior to the Christians who follow what the Bible teaches about the return of Christ and ignored what Baha'u'llah says about those teachings, that they are wrong.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Please, in your own words.

Why is my personal religious belief wrong?

'Wrong'?

It's different to what I believe, but I judge people on their actions. So whether your belief is 'wrong' doesn't interest me as much as whether it holds utility, and allows/encourages you to behave in the way I think people should.

Brian2

Veteran Member
It was said of Christ that He deceives. It has been cited to you in the past the saying by Christ "Ye shall know them by their fruits", but you have concluded that Baha'u'llah has rotten fruits because, and this in my own point of view, He disagrees with your interpretation of the station of Christ among other things. You seem to hold that your interpretation is right, and can't be anything else. We hold that a person claiming to be a Messenger of God should not be decided on a person's understanding of scripture, but on His fruits, which doesn't include whether he interprets scripture by a persons understanding of scripture. The Messenger of God has every right to tell us the true interpretation of scripture. I think also you should realize that a particular historical story, for instance, can be garbled after reported after a number of years. I'm thinking in particular of those demons begging Christ not to cast them out at this moment.

Baha'u'llah didn't claim to be the Christ in my understanding. He was a different individual but manifested the same spiritual qualities.

You shall know false prophets by their fruit. If a prophet comes and their fruit is that the Bible is seen as only partly true and the everlasting gospel of Jesus is seen as not being everlasting and they take followers of Jesus away from this everlasting gospel then their fruit is rotten.
Of course we interpret who Baha'u'llah is on our interpretation of the Bible.
Baha'u'llah wants to claim who he is on his interpretation of the Bible.
Baha'u'llah wants to claim who he is on his denial of parts of the Bible which show him to be a fake.
A Messenger of God has every right to tell us the true interpretation of scripture but when the messenger ends up denying the truth and accuracy of the scripture in doing that, when he starts interpreting scripture to mean the opposite to what the words tell us (as in Acts 1:9-11, as in the passages in John 14,15 and 16 which completely deny the possibility of Baha'u'llah being the Spirit of Truth etc etc) then he is probably not a messenger of God whom we should allow to tell us what the interpretation of the Bible should be.
But when it comes to the story of demons begging Christ not to cast them out, I can understand that Baha'i wants to deny the accuracy of that story since Baha'i teaches that Satan (and so presumably demons) are not real spiritual being.
When it comes to whether Baha'u'llah did not claim to be the Christ, he did claim to be the return of Christ but claimed to not be Jesus. This is wrong on more than one level. The Bible claims Jesus personally would come back. The separation of Jesus from a supposed Spirit that makes someone the Christ (anointed one) is not scriptural at all.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

Please, in your own words.

Why is my personal religious belief wrong?
as far as all the rules different religions have, i dont know whos right or wrong. that stuff doesnt really matter anyway except for big things like no killing etc. anyway when it comes to how we got here and where were going, well that can only be answered from within. so in that respect all religions are wrong. theyre important to introduce people to spirituality though but none of them speak truth reguarding said topic. prolly cuz the truth is out there.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes you do believe differently than I do. For me it is one or the other and the 2 cannot be right at the same time. And since Jesus is the one who fulfilled prophecy, He is right. And since He left information and warning about what to expect (false Christs), then I listen to that information and warnings and see them as true.
Those who come in a different way than prophesied and are not the same Jesus that the disciples saw going up to heaven are false Christs. It's a simple and logical concept that serves Christians well.
But maybe you are right where you belong at this time.

I have no reason to take away your Christian belief

Brian2

Veteran Member
I have no reason to take away your Christian belief

Some people seem to want to do that but being charitable to them I suppose they might see a world without that belief as a better place for me to be.
You no doubt don't see the truth in quite such absolute terms and so maybe one belief or another does not matter to you. I suppose there are aspects of your belief that you see as absolutely correct however, maybe belief in God.
I suppose if you don't see the truth in an absolute way, then does it matter to you if Baha'i is a true belief or not? Is it just that it seems right for you at the moment to be there?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, I did argue with him, and I knew better.

Is it morally wrong for you to defend your beliefs through debate?
I don't mind if you see any debate here as my fault,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even though it takes 2 to tango.
See you in the next round :)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Is it morally wrong for you to defend your beliefs through debate?
I don't mind if you see any debate here as my fault,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even though it takes 2 to tango.
See you in the next round :)
Thank you.:) I don't intend to debate you any more. Those arguments have been tried over and over. Besides, Baha'is are to discuss, not debate.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Thank you.:) I don't intend to debate you any more. Those arguments have been tried over and over. Besides, Baha'is are to discuss, not debate.

Debate I guess is discussing with disagreement involved. It is good to do it without too much heat involved however if possible.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A living human baby man says his recorded heaven memory was about how his conscious brain changed by gained colliding star fall. Satan star wanderer.

Whose mass dusts increases the gas burn to fall out non enabled to be cooled.

So it passed out of the Immaculates cold gas space law saviour. Law heavens gas spirit Inheritor history removed.

So a natural man became rich titled a man king by cruelty of family bullying meek humans who had mined gods jewels. Owned them as gods own. Then wanted gods powers.

A king and a lord in trade hence said he owned as a man the abundance of gods powers and wealth...spirit gases and jewels as the owner Inheritor. Just a man.

Is a humans man confession the man of science confession. My man past baby man rich owner as human Inheritor of gods powers. Confessed.

The ignored themed story confessed was as a human man's own evil testimonial....why I caused life's sacrifice. As rich king lord man Inheritor of gods earth wealth.

Is why you should only ever believe in a United family humanity and nature.

He said he was poor yet he was only natural mutual equal first. Just mind hurt. The testimony reason ignored.