• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why my personal belief is wrong

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How then can you assume your believe to be right? There are a thousand other creation myths which have at least as much explanatory power. (Well, your believe has no explanation at all so is even worse off then a wrong explanation, yours isn't even wrong.)
The explenations are in the scriptures. But no i can not know Gods thoughts.

You guys seem to look away when the word belief or believe are used.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Please, in your own words.

Why is my personal religious belief wrong?
It is not what you believe that is wrong, but belief itself just the beginning, the aspirant must go beyond the belief and realize that which was hitherto just a belief. Every soul has the potential to realize God to a greater degree than they presently have, belief will not do it, there needs to be a transmutation of the seeker from what they presently are to that which is sought.

Find out in reality, not as thought, what and who you really are in the context of all existence, ie., God.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Please, in your own words.

Why is my personal religious belief wrong?

I will try to be honest with you.
You are neither right or wrong, unless you yourself believe that, but there are more than one way to do right or wrong.
So your personal beliefs as personal are only wrong from my version of wrong, if they are wrong to you.

Now the moment you or I include more than ourselves individually and include other humans, then it changes, but that is another thread.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I will try to be honest with you.
You are neither right or wrong, unless you yourself believe that, but there are more than one way to do right or wrong.
So your personal beliefs as personal are only wrong from my version of wrong, if they are wrong to you.

Now the moment you or I include more than ourselves individually and include other humans, then it changes, but that is another thread.
Perfect answer

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Seeker of White Light -

There is a small coterie of forum members who are, and will be, more than happy to criticize Baha’i as often as possible and they will do so without needing an invitation from you.

I don’t happen to be among them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Seeker of White Light -

There is a small coterie of forum members who are, and will be, more than happy to criticize Baha’i as often as possible and they will do so without needing an invitation from you.

They migh have their view of other people's person belief :) but if they critique, it is out of their understanding or lack of understanding of the belief in discussion:)

If they disagree with my belief that is ok

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I don't care about your belief per se but the way you trumpet it out.

Reading posts of someone like you without background info may create a mental image of a person who sometimes comes across as either incredibly smug, or as others hinted, possibly insecure. Maybe both at the same time. I don't care about this either but it can be a bit weird to see a person being seemingly immune to reasonable criticism by claiming that they mastered "the teaching" better than anybody else did just because they know an itty bitty about their religion, and call it out like a flipped-out street preacher.

I think the problem is not so much which religion people choose but the way they "use" it. Some people put their god / messiah on a pedestal and turn whatever religion they choose into a narrative of an unattainable god which can only be satified by a life of total austerity and total surrender. That's the point I don't agree with, I don't agree with people claiming authority solely on the basis that they "mastered the teaching". If somebody "mastered" something he should be put to the test as a "master". If somebody is a beginner I think he should rather admit that he's a beginner instead of claiming the highest degrees of spiritual mastership which may come across as smug and cannot be objectively verfied.

RestlessSoul

OK, there we have a believe that is most probably wrong and I can explain why that is so.
First a question: how do you think a god created the earth? Sneezing out, formed from a giants head (or similar matter) or conjured from nothing by a magic spell? Or something entirely different?

It appears that our four dimensional macroscopic universe emerged from an infinitely complex and bewildering fundamental reality, the nature of which has been occasionally glimpsed by a handful of mystics, and natural philosophers. Whether God made the universe, or the Universe manifested itself in adherence to the natural laws which appear to govern it, is a debate about language and grammar, as much as it is about theology or science.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It appears that our four dimensional macroscopic universe emerged from an infinitely complex and bewildering fundamental reality, the nature of which has been occasionally glimpsed by a handful of mystics, and natural philosophers. Whether God made the universe, or the Universe manifested itself in adherence to the natural laws which appear to govern it, is a debate about language and grammar, as much as it is about theology or science.
The question wasn't who made the universe but who or what "made" the earth.

Brian2

Veteran Member
@Seeker of White Light -

And now we have an invitation. How are we going to restrain ourselves? I suppose that is up to Seeker of White Light.