• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me what is wrong with this. Thanks!

Ayjaydee

How can you be so sure?

The Mexican American war was a terrible thing. I sympathize with the Mexicans and cherish Saint Patrick's brigade like they were Saints and Martyrs a long with the rest of the Mexicans that fought in that war.
View attachment 36822

However, I guarantee you that it lead to less suffering in the end. Guaranteed, California and those other areas that were conquered in the Mexican War have far more opportunity, less poverty, better education, and better healthcare than were they left under control of Mexico's government.
They wont win the war

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think this is a flawed reasonning and a dangerous apologetic of Saddam Hussein regime. In the first decade and a half of the Ba'ath rule in Iraq, back when Saddam Hussein "only" a high command officer and Iraq was governed by President Al-Bakr, Iraq enjoyed a period of great economical development and a certain liberalisation of its society. Peace accord were found with the Kurds in the northern part of the country and with Koweit in the south. Iraq will only take a downturn and Hussein regime will ramp-up in brutality and tyranny during the Iran-Iraq war. The country never recovered from this disaster.
While I agree that Saddam is a tyrant and his sons arguably worse, there's no question the factioning that had occurred after he was removed from power.