• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me what is wrong with this. Thanks!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Let me know where this approach is a failure.

Take a country like Mexico and arm groups that want the drug-cartels uprooted and destroyed and the corrupt government overthrown. Assist them with American military might in overthrowing the drug cartels and corrupt government that so many are seeking asylum from and set up a government that people will be less inclined to flee from.

We even offer to make Mexico the 51st state of America since so many of them want to be American so badly, but certainly only if we have the support of the Mexican people. They will of course keep their flag and not be encouraged to change their culture.
the-mexican-flag-1588860-final-5c3f9f08c9e77c0001aa1dd7.png

Wouldn't life in Mexico be better as part of the United States? Better healthcare, better education, better welfare, better paying jobs, money that is worth far more etc.

I'm not saying war between Mexico and America is anything to desire.

What I'm saying is American government is sly enough to stir up groups in Mexico that revolt against the corrupt government which is largely influenced and controlled by drug cartels, arm them, and help them make short work of the drug-cartels and mafias, which they could easily do with American weapons, money, Helicopters, tanks, and hopefully not airstrikes, but a little napalm on top of the drug lords and their gangsters wouldn't be too much of a tragedy.

Blood would be shed, but in the end it could cause less people to flee mexico and less suffering. I hate war and hate people inflicting violence upon other people, but if it can actually cause less suffering in the end, which certain military objectives have indeed resulted in, I'd have to support it.

After reading about how 80 million Chinese were starved, used as target practice, enslaved, raped, terrorized, butchered, humiliated, brainwashed, tortured into killing themselves in re-education camps, and other atrocities under Mao, and reading about equally terrible Communist atrocities in Russia and North Korea, and arguably worse in Cambodia per-capita, I'd say that if the free-world had eliminated communist regimes right after World War 2, even if it meant dropping nukes on Moscow, when only America had the atomic bomb and best military in the world, such a war would have cost millions of lives but been a good thing for humanity, saving far more lives and preventing far more suffering in the end.

Nuking Moscow might kill over 100,000 people but 100,000 is a very small number to the countless millions killed by the Soviet Union. Russians would know that fighting a country with a bomb that great would be pointless, would be terrified, and surrender like they did against the Golden Horde Mongol invaders. Scare and demoralize the Russians enough and they can be conquered. Their military was already quite decimated, having lost more casualties than any other nation during World wars 1 and 2.

To have Western Europe, the free-world, and America, declare war on the Soviet Union right after a war that cost Russia so much, armed with Nuclear weapons, more money, more men, better planes, and better tanks, would have been like Mike Tyson in the ring with a poodle. People that worked for Communist Russia said that the Soviet Union was scared, insecure, and always on the verge of collapse according to documentaries that I saw. They did in the end fall without firing a shot.

When wars do not ease more pain than they cause in the long run, I'm against them. However, when I see how many people are fleeing Africa to simply live in tents in Europe, it appears some people want to be European so badly that they are just begging Europe to colonize them. If Europe colonized those nations and the nation's received better healthcare, plumbing, electricity, education, and money, what would be bad about them being colonized?

I'm not saying there is a guarantee that those nation's would receive those benefits, but if that was the goal of colonizing them, and not for selfish gain, and in the end it gave running water to the countless millions dying of water scarcity and other benefits, how could you say colonizing them was really a bad thing. Sounds to me like dying of thirst is pretty painful and miserable. Were I born in one of those nations without running water, I'd welcome people coming to colonize me and introduce me to civilization more conducive to survival.
upload_2020-2-5_22-51-7.jpeg

Also, in my life-time, if the amount of wars and genocide in Africa was taking place in Europe, we would call it World War 3. Millions flee to Europe to escape these regimes. Perhaps Europeans can step in, make short work of the wicked regimes, colonize them with the intent of giving them better lives, and not for selfish gain, and ease a lot of suffering. I am NOT defending past European colonization of Africa, because it was done with selfish motives. Were it done with the right motives, I could see the possibility of giving people way better lives so that so many of them aren't making deadly voyages to seek a tent in Europe when we could simply bring Europe to them.
images
upload_2020-2-5_22-53-6.jpeg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think humans committing violence against each other is terrible and would rather it didn't happen, but I do think certain forms of violence to overthrow evil regimes and bring civilization to people who are being held back, could lead to less suffering. Less suffering is always good in my book.

As I said,
let me know where it is a failed idea.

I'm always open to correction. I share my offensive views because I find that when I offend people with my ideas and receive the most rejection and correction and criticism...It is those moments that teach me the most!
Malcolm-X-2-option-2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

epronovost

You might be watching to much melodrama movies and tv shows and not read enough history books, or listen to the news. What you are proposing has been tried very often always with disastrous results for everybody involved, but especially for the "liberated" people. You basically want to repeat some of history's greatest mistakes for the same reason, using the same naive, idiotic, self-centered and self-righteous reasonning with a hearty dose of racism underneath it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What I'm saying is American government is sly enough to stir up groups in Mexico that revolt against the corrupt government which is largely influenced and controlled by drug cartels, arm them, and help them make short work of the drug-cartels and mafias, which they could easily do with American weapons, money, Helicopters, tanks, and hopefully not airstrikes, but a little napalm on top of the drug lords and their gangsters wouldn't be too much of a tragedy.
That has just never worked out in the end, and often times what the end results produced are worse than what there was to begin with, sometimes even creating Uncle Sam's own worst enemies in the process.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Take a country like Mexico and arm groups that want the drug-cartels uprooted and destroyed and the corrupt government overthrown. Assist them with American military might in overthrowing the drug cartels and corrupt government that so many are seeking asylum from and set up a government that people will be less inclined to flee from.
Take a country like the US and arm groups that want the military-industrial complex uprooted and destroyed and the corrupt government overthrown. Assist them with European military might in overthrowing the military-industrial complex and corrupt government that so many are seeking asylum from and set up a government that people will be less inclined to invade other countries for.

Do you see the problem?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Blood would be shed, but in the end it could cause less people to flee mexico and less suffering. I hate war and hate people inflicting violence upon other people, but if it can actually cause less suffering in the end, which certain military objectives have indeed resulted in, I'd have to support it.

I can see what you're saying, although it requires a great deal of speculation and guessing as to what the results might be if we choose to take a given action. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It always seems a good idea to the ones doing the forcing but taking over an indipendent nation to impose your will on them is many times tried and every time failed.

Ayjaydee

We even offer to make Mexico the 51st state of America since so many of them want to be American so badly, but certainly only if we have the support of the Mexican people. They will of course keep their flag and not be encouraged to change their culture.
the-mexican-flag-1588860-final-5c3f9f08c9e77c0001aa1dd7.png

Wouldn't life in Mexico be better as part of the United States? Better healthcare, better education, better welfare, better paying jobs, money that is worth far more etc.

I'm not saying war between Mexico and America is anything to desire.

After reading about how 80 million Chinese were starved, used as target practice, enslaved, raped, terrorized, butchered, humiliated, brainwashed, tortured into killing themselves in re-education camps, and other atrocities under Mao, and reading about equally terrible Communist atrocities in Russia and North Korea, and arguably worse in Cambodia per-capita, I'd say that if the free-world had eliminated communist regimes right after World War 2, even if it meant dropping nukes on Moscow, when only America had the atomic bomb and best military in the world, such a war would have cost millions of lives but been a good thing for humanity, saving far more lives and preventing far more suffering in the end.

Nuking Moscow might kill over 100,000 people but 100,000 is a very small number to the countless millions killed by the Soviet Union. Russians would know that fighting a country with a bomb that great would be pointless, would be terrified, and surrender like they did against the Golden Horde Mongol invaders. Scare and demoralize the Russians enough and they can be conquered. Their military was already quite decimated, having lost more casualties than any other nation during World wars 1 and 2.

To have Western Europe, the free-world, and America, declare war on the Soviet Union right after a war that cost Russia so much, armed with Nuclear weapons, more money, more men, better planes, and better tanks, would have been like Mike Tyson in the ring with a poodle. People that worked for Communist Russia said that the Soviet Union was scared, insecure, and always on the verge of collapse according to documentaries that I saw. They did in the end fall without firing a shot.

When wars do not ease more pain than they cause in the long run, I'm against them. However, when I see how many people are fleeing Africa to simply live in tents in Europe, it appears some people want to be European so badly that they are just begging Europe to colonize them. If Europe colonized those nations and the nation's received better healthcare, plumbing, electricity, education, and money, what would be bad about them being colonized?

I'm not saying there is a guarantee that those nation's would receive those benefits, but if that was the goal of colonizing them, and not for selfish gain, and in the end it gave running water to the countless millions dying of water scarcity and other benefits, how could you say colonizing them was really a bad thing. Sounds to me like dying of thirst is pretty painful and miserable. Were I born in one of those nations without running water, I'd welcome people coming to colonize me and introduce me to civilization more conducive to survival.
View attachment 36816

Also, in my life-time, if the amount of wars and genocide in Africa was taking place in Europe, we would call it World War 3. Millions flee to Europe to escape these regimes. Perhaps Europeans can step in, make short work of the wicked regimes, colonize them with the intent of giving them better lives, and not for selfish gain, and ease a lot of suffering. I am NOT defending past European colonization of Africa, because it was done with selfish motives. Were it done with the right motives, I could see the possibility of giving people way better lives so that so many of them aren't making deadly voyages to seek a tent in Europe when we could simply bring Europe to them.
images
View attachment 36817
Lol, how many times do you think America should try that nonsense before they finally admit it doesnt work?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Lol, how many times do you think America should try that nonsense before they finally admit it doesnt work?
How can you be so sure?

The Mexican American war was a terrible thing. I sympathize with the Mexicans and cherish Saint Patrick's brigade like they were Saints and Martyrs a long with the rest of the Mexicans that fought in that war.
download.jpg

However, I guarantee you that it lead to less suffering in the end. Guaranteed, California and those other areas that were conquered in the Mexican War have far more opportunity, less poverty, better education, and better healthcare than were they left under control of Mexico's government.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You might be watching to much melodrama movies and tv shows and not read enough history books, or listen to the news. What you are proposing has been tried very often always with disastrous results for everybody involved, but especially for the "liberated" people. You basically want to repeat some of history's greatest mistakes for the same reason, using the same naive, idiotic, self-centered and self-righteous reasonning with a hearty dose of racism underneath it.
I keep a picture of Malcolm X on my wall, admire his courage, pray to him and the Zulus that died fighting the British, and the other victim's of European aggression like they are canonized Saints, but if I'm racist as you say, then so be it, it isn't a racism that involves hatred or a desire to inflict suffering on anyone.

It is fueled by a desire that all people have civilization, running water, and access to the same education and healthcare opportunities. As I said, past colonization attempts I don't support because they were Empires with selfish motives and largely colonizing people to compete with other Empires and fund wars and what not. That isn't what I'm talking about.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It always seems a good idea to the ones doing the forcing but taking over an indipendent nation to impose your will on them is many times tried and every time failed.
It all depends on how receptive the people are. Hearts and minds play a great role in warfare.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Take a country like the US and arm groups that want the military-industrial complex uprooted and destroyed and the corrupt government overthrown. Assist them with European military might in overthrowing the military-industrial complex and corrupt government that so many are seeking asylum from and set up a government that people will be less inclined to invade other countries for.

Do you see the problem?
The difference is people from the third world are just dying to be American, not the other way around. We have running water, plumbing, healthcare, electricity, food stamps, welfare, and you have to be extremely messed up mentally or physically to starve to death in America.

I'm specifically talking about countries that people are fleeing to America and Europe from in the millions. I think uprooting the wicked governments they are fleeing from could potentially help the nation out.
This is how women in Afghanistan were forced to dress or get raped or killed before American intervention:
upload_2020-2-6_9-19-4.jpeg

Here is how women in Afghanistan can dress today
afghanistan_jones_img2.jpg

This was mild compared to other stuff they did to women that America did their best to abolish:
upload_2020-2-6_9-19-49.jpeg

Also, women's rights activists have been able to do much as a result of American intervention and women have far better opportunity to education and employment. Sadly, with American withdrawal from Afghanistan, the country will likely slip back

epronovost

It would answer the question as to why Saddam had to rule Iraq with a brutal iron fist.

I think this is a flawed reasonning and a dangerous apologetic of Saddam Hussein regime. In the first decade and a half of the Ba'ath rule in Iraq, back when Saddam Hussein "only" a high command officer and Iraq was governed by President Al-Bakr, Iraq enjoyed a period of great economical development and a certain liberalisation of its society. Peace accord were found with the Kurds in the northern part of the country and with Koweit in the south. Iraq will only take a downturn and Hussein regime will ramp-up in brutality and tyranny during the Iran-Iraq war. The country never recovered from this disaster.

epronovost

The fact is Iraqis are not nationalistic. They are tribal.

It's why middle Eastern countries always fragment whenever a leader is removed.

You are confusing Aghanistan and Iraq there. Iraq isn't a tribal society at all. It's a multicultural State divided between Arabs and Kurds; the Arabs being further divided by religious sectarianism not unlike Northern Ireland.